Wasteland Radio

Got great hand-eye coordination? Here's the place to show it off. You can also upload your work (images, audio, and video) and view our fan art gallery (currently defunct, bug forum management to fix it).
This is also the forum for all of you blossoming Camus' to exercise your brain power by writing and posting fan fiction.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Fuck, the major problem is the shit's gotta be funny. I feel like if its not funny, it's not really interesting in any way. I tried doing the president storyline, but its all about this dude's life and the stuffs very dry. I guess the show is really just for laughs so.... I'm making a show solo right now so, thinking this out over the internets.

Also, my voice is really fuckin irritating for me to listen to. I remind my self of a midwestern woody allen, yuck.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Hawt.

Perhaps you just need to step back and rethink your concepts before you get back to writing.

Something retarded yet possible to build upon; say...
Deathclaw Diarrhea: The Story of Low Rectal Shutter Speed/ High Tension Drama?
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Hey folks, Wasteland Radio is "relaunching" in a few weeks. If you have any questions you want the cast to answer on air, just put your first name and question in this thread.

Also if you haven't already, please head over to Facebook and like the show! Wasteland Radio on Facebook

Alot of show elements will be changing for the better as well. Again, if you would like to see anything added to the show, shout your ideas out here!

We are hopefully gonna be adding a steady musical guest, we have a new actress coming on, and eventually, with enough positive feedback, wasteland radio's very own website Wasteland Radio
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

I'll be waiting.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Did you come up with a timeline?
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Manoil wrote:Did you come up with a timeline?
the timeline is sorta out the window as we are leaving the fallout world for a new world which is a hodge podge melting pot of The Roadwarrior, Fallout, Dawn of the Dead, etc... basically just random post apocalyptic universe.

I will call it Earth 12. I suppose the year would be 2146
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

FUCK man

continuity
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Manoil wrote: continuity
FUCK it!
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Hey homies, I just wanted to beg/plead for some fans of the show to write in asking questions of the characters. I want it to be a reoccuring segment, but so far we've only recieved one letter.

You can pretend to be whoever you want and you should be writing from somewhere in the wasteland. Help a brother out.

Also does anybody have any suggestions for websites where we might be able to get a plug? I have found a few blogs that have agreed to give us a shout out, but we're definitely still trying to get more folks to listen.

Also I am looking for someone to join the crew as an outside journalist. We really are looking for someone to "travel to our nation's capital". The idea would be that once in a while you would send in transmissions from out in the weirdest parts of the wasteland.

We need weirdness. If you think you can come up with a funny short segment every once in a while where you interview strange creatures, run for your life, or just wonder aloud about strange growths on your body, let's get to it.

Sound quality is not super important as you're out on your own reporting. Let me know if you're interested.
SenisterDenister

Remember those PM's we had back and forth about character ideas for your show? I think Howard would be a good idea, minus the blatant Fallout references I suppose.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Hey fellas and ladies so big news- I'm an official full time newscaster for a local radio station. It's pretty frantic work right now as I'm experiencing a crash course in broadcast journalism at the moment.

This relates to wasteland radio in that it will allow me to improve the quality of the show and the credentials may help attract actors. I expect life to settle down in a month or so and I will be able to focus greatly on WR. The future's looking bright for the show despite the laCK of recent content.

Again I'm looking for writers who can be genuinely funny to write up some news and weather, or any other segments that might work. The most I can do is give credit.
Last edited by Dogmeatlives on Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SenisterDenister

Snap.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

I'm still down. But excellent new, Servo.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Just a heads up to anyone interested-- Wasteland Radio is still around after a long-as-fuck hiatus. Check the show out over here--- http://wastelandradio.podomatic.com/

We also have a facebook with all kinds of cool bullshit.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Dogmeatlives wrote:Just a heads up to anyone interested-- Wasteland Radio is still around after a long-as-fuck hiatus. Check the show out over here--- http://wastelandradio.podomatic.com/

We also have a facebook with all kinds of cool bullshit.

Wasteland Radio caused me to remember something I had long forgotten.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

It's Alive!

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Hey Dackers. I just wanted to pop in to let y'all know that Wasteland Radio is still going strong. We're now in the middle of the EXILE series. Our recording quality, acting quality, and storylines are all improving. We are actually telling a really great story at the moment that is going to be epic. I'm so pumped. I also have about another year's worth of storyline in mind. Please give it a listen and let me know what you think. Thanks.

http://wastelandradio.podomatic.com/
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Hey everybody, Wasteland Radio is still going strong as some of you are aware. We are actually in the process of raising money for a short film based on the podcast. It's going to be shot at an actual radio station!!! You can find more information about the film, and some pics from our rehearsals over here- https://www.gofundme.com/wastelandradio

We also have a soundcloud where I post a lot of the funnier segments and commercials- https://soundcloud.com/wrtxradio

And of course, the podcast is over here- http://wastelandradio.podomatic.com/

We are in the middle of an awesome series with Wasteland Radio's main characters in a race to make it to a military super station with an incredible broadcasting range. The quality is better than ever so if you've listened before and thought it was kinda shit, please give us another shot starting with the latest Christmas special, titled 'A Christmas Signal'.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

The ghosts speak!
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Booo!!!!
Our Host!