Wasteland Radio

Got great hand-eye coordination? Here's the place to show it off. You can also upload your work (images, audio, and video) and view our fan art gallery (currently defunct, bug forum management to fix it).
This is also the forum for all of you blossoming Camus' to exercise your brain power by writing and posting fan fiction.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

senisterdenister wrote:I'm a bit interested to see if you'll add in that character I mentioned to you a while back. I've only had enough time to listen to about the first half of it, but its pretty good. They're getting better too, so kudos.
Yeah I wanna do a special episode on The President next so yeah I definitely have the character in mind.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Which president would that be?
Psychoul
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Psychoul »

thanks for the new episode of wasteland radio. I am glad i supported you lol.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Manoil wrote:Which president would that be?
This guy-

Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Dogmeatlives wrote:
Manoil wrote:Which president would that be?
This guy-
Seen that pic, but I don't know the lore behind it. What's the scoop?
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Dogmeatlives wrote:"He called hisself da President, and he'd dare anybody to call him otherwise. Wandered in to da St. Louis area with those stars already painted to dat suit, already calling hisself "President", already with a way about him like he had purpose, and in not more 'n three years he had hisself quite a little kingdom.

First, he took control of da Mudpack Raider crew, challengin' their leader, Scuzz, for control, and then breakin' old Scuzz's neck. Next, I believe he moved in on da Silverbacks, and from there he schemed and fought til he had all o' St. Louis under his thumb. President had a piece o' everything going on in St. Louis durin' dat time, and you'd think dat'd be enough for a man, but you'd be wrong.

You see, once he had one city, he declared he was on a mission to tame da entire Mississippi. So he and his army o' raiders headed out down that river on rafts and watercrafts of all kinds, and as sure as I'm ancient we never saw a single one of 'em again.

Myself, I'm in da habit o' believin' dat dat President n' his raidin' crew met their end out on that river. You know, there are things in dat water could swallow an army whole, and I reckon dat's exactly what happened."

- Grimes, traveling ghoul on the legend of "The President"
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

So Senister came up with a character who could expand upon the lore. I will try doing it soon. The next episode should be pretty much just me interviewing myself. So im hoping to get it out sooner.

I may actually include Grimes' account in the broadcast.
johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by johnnygothisgun »

:salute:
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

How does Mr. St Louis fare against the mutie contingent there?
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Manoil wrote:How does Mr. St Louis fare against the mutie contingent there?
Umm is St. Louis overrun with muties or something and I missed it? If so, fuck.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Well... wait. What year is this taking place?
There was a mutie contingent there but they got wiped out. Though it is a Tactics reference so it's really up to you whether or not you see it as legitimate.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

it takes place around the time Interplay's fallout 3 would have taken place
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Is there a decade range in there?
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Manoil asks the tough questions.. shit, i need to get back to you on this
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

If it's not canon, it's no good at all :angry:
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Tactics was just... incomplete and lacking a few lines of peer revision. It fits.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

ok so while in the shower, it struck me! A bar of soap! Kidding, but I think it might be pretty wise to leave the Fallout universe with Wasteland Radio, and set it in Wasteland Radio universe (random post-apoc one).

I think it would give myself and other actors more free range to be creative with shows. I feel like one reason why its been hard to do episodes is because I'm the only participant in the show who has xp with Fallout. So if I leave that universe, the show can open up to all kinds of zany post-apoc shit, regardless of whether it fits Fallout or not.

Also if we ever get popular, it will avoid conflicts with copyright holders. I think the next episode will be the last to incorporate Fallout characters. I will def keep Charlie C. (who is really just my normal conversational voice), and all of the other characters so far in the show... it will also remain in New Amarillo. We will just cease to reference the Brotherhood, ghouls, super mutants, etc...

So what y'all think? Would you still listen to it? I think it can only get better
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

I could help you brainstorm, I've written a few shorts that all take place in the same universe, I have characters, towns, factions, etc.

Yeah, if you need anything just ask.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

I'm hesitant but open to the idea
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Ok so I've got a great easy way for y'all interested folks to participate in the show. It's called Questions and Answers, and it will hopefully be a new segment where you pose questions to Charlie C. and the guests or give your views on topics relating to post-apocalyptic stuff.

Now the next broadcast is the last one to deal with Fallouty topics like smelly ghouls, or geckos always biting in the ass, or how nuka-cola stays fizzy after so many years, whatevs.... so after the next episode it will have to be kept to general wasteland stuff

Ok so here is a general example of a question one would pose-

Name- Grieving Father
Question- Recently, as happens quite often out here in the wasteland, my wife and daughter were brutally raped and murdered. Now I was just wondering how you would advise one to go about seeking revenge on the sons of bitches that destroyed my family.

Name- Aspiring Messiah
Question- I'm looking to get some followers to my religion but I'm not sure how to increase worshippers. Right now i worship pre-apocalyptic canned food, but would be willing to try worshipping other things based on suggestions..

So if you guys can think of anything, leave the comment/question in this thread and if its darkly funny enough, we'll answer it in the show!
Our Host!