Wasteland Radio

Got great hand-eye coordination? Here's the place to show it off. You can also upload your work (images, audio, and video) and view our fan art gallery (currently defunct, bug forum management to fix it).
This is also the forum for all of you blossoming Camus' to exercise your brain power by writing and posting fan fiction.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Wasteland Radio

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Alright scrubs, so I have an epic announcement. I am stealing Bethesda's idea for a post-apoc radio station and making one of my own.

It's called Wasteland Radio and it's just an hour-long broadcast through ubroadcast.com. It'll air Sunday at 8pm eastern/standard time. Allow me to explain the premise and then you can pummel me with ridicule. I am the DJ, Charlie C., the weatherman/ghoul, Bill. I am creating the commercials, and will play most any other character that Charlie the DJ interviews.

The music will of course be Fallouty type music, Vera Lynn, Shirley Temple, Inkspots, Fats Waller, and other shit. The premise is that this is a radio show that broadcasts from a bunker in Amarillo, Texas. It sounds odd but if you're not doing anything for about an hour at eight this Sunday, then go to ubroadcast.com, download the player, go to Stations- Independent Music Broadcasters- Oldies/Decades- Wasteland Radio, at the specified time of course.

I would really appreciate feedback. It will be a pre-recorded show as it's almost impossible to be a postapocalyptic DJ without having to make alot of shit up and therefore screw alot of shit up the first time around.

Please tune in and tell me what needs improvement. I haven't decided whether realism or entertainment is the priority. My goal is to eventually make something that will allow the listener to turn off the lights and just imagine that they are picking up this station from their own bunker somewhere and just getting lost in the Fallout world.

I'll have commercials for Nuka-Cola, Iguana-on-a-Stick, The Ripper, etc...

This first one may be a bit rough as I'm getting used to the audio editing, just a warning.

This is the host, Charlie C.-

So repair your radio and tune in to Wasteland Radio, the only station for the all the greatest pre-apocalyptic hits!

I hope to hear from at least Caszim... don't let me down buddy!
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I'm up for except for the part about tuning in at a specific time because I will most likely forget. Why don't you just record it then put it up on site so that we can download and listen to at our own leisure.

I have to say though that I like fallout, but I don't know if I want to be listening to old timer music for an hour :hiptobesquare:
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

If you remember to post a link to it i will listen in if I remember.
johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by johnnygothisgun »

im down gordon brown, enchant our eardrums with some sweet radio magic
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

through the wastes I ride
shotgun by my side
Caleb
Strider
Strider

Post by Caleb »

i'm down, will be tuning in if possible
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

if im alive on sunday ill try to join the party
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

are you on the East Coast dogmeat? I need to know because I think I'm 3 hours behind so I'll need to tune in at 5 PM instead but I def want to hear it it sounds frickin BUENO BONG BONG SHEEET yeas I'll be there fo sho :drunk:
Dreadnought
Devil times three go climb a tree

Post by Dreadnought »

Yeah I would give it a shot.
���������
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Yeah, I'm out in Jersey. So 5pm for you. I think I can get a chat going among listeners so I'll try doing that. Also there will be a download if you miss it. Thanks guys in advance. I'll post reminders as it gets closer.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

:salute:
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

ALright... I'm not ready tonight. Sorry guys, I know you were all very excited but I just haven't had time to record. Lo siento. The commercials are done but still have to do all the interviews/chat sessions...
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

please try to disguise any accent that might show through too heavily. My close window button is very sensitive to accents.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Internet Radio is so 1998.
���������
johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

im pretty confident that doggy will have a bewitching jersey accent, though i fear it may be of the northern variety
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

johnnygothisgun wrote:im pretty confident that doggy will have a bewitching jersey accent, though i fear it may be of the northern variety
Well I'll do my best radio host voice. My accent is mostly northern jersey unfortunately, but still with a ghostly remnance of midwest (where I was born). :drunk:

I can also do australian, wealthy english, peasant english, stereotypical indian, stereotypical native american, stereotypical southerner, and a whole army of random character voices. I can do 20's gangster, a bit of pirate, italian mobster, very limited irish, Igor (Dr. Frankenstein's assistant), etc....
I can't really do any celebrity voices now that I think of it. Australian is by far my most comfortable accent to use. I could go on forever as an australian. An authentic Australian could most probably spot me as a fake, but I've fooled many an American.

if anyone needs voicework done, you come to me. :drunk:

oh and I can sing pretty well too, so if any of you ever do an animated musical about talking dogs, I'm your man.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Dogmeatlives wrote:I can't really do any celebrity voices now that I think of it.
How's your Cosby?
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

Dogmeat expands his canvas :dance:
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

VasikkA wrote:
Dogmeatlives wrote:I can't really do any celebrity voices now that I think of it.
How's your Cosby?
sucks

btw my Iguana-on-a-stick commercial is pretty hilarious, so don't miss this shit. It's definitely going down this sunday at eight pm. There's also some amateur poetry from old Jenkins, so can't miss that either.

There's also an interesting interview with Patrick the Celt, who actually sounds like a Norwegian Canadian from England. Patrick recently returned from the East Coast so Charlie'll be grilling him about his trip.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Tomorrow night (sunday) at eight! Don't forget to be there!
Our Host!