s.s.s.smokin'!

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

Driving a car is also a large risk, and not really a necessity.
You can always have alternatives to where your work is or where you live, just like you can choose to quit smoking.

It's bullshit.
Doctors don't take the hippocratic oath anymore, not in countries where abortion is legal at least.
Good point.
Testicular Pugilist
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

Smiley wrote:Driving a car is also a large risk, and not really a necessity.
You can always have alternatives to where your work is or where you live, just like you can choose to quit smoking.

It's bullshit.
Doctors don't take the hippocratic oath anymore, not in countries where abortion is legal at least.
Good point.
More of a notion than a point. Doctors never took a hippocratic oath in the strictest sense, anyway, that's why they don't call it that, anymore. There's minor differences in the doctor's codex depending on countries but it's more or less similar.
Doctors won't go "The Jews are the gangrenous appendix of mankind. That's why I cut them out." all over again, probably. But then again, who knows, eh. :flamed:
That's a whole different thing, euthanasia etc. I say if someone wants to die he has the right to do so.

Also, banning, censoring stuff is never right, box of pandora, democracy, rights blah. :chew:
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

Thor Kaufman wrote:
Smiley wrote:Driving a car is also a large risk, and not really a necessity.

It's bullshit.
Good point.
More of a notion than a point. Doctors never took a hippocratic oath in the strictest sense, anyway, that's why they don't call it that, anymore. There's minor differences in the doctor's codex depending on countries but it's more or less similar.
Doctors won't go "The Jews are the gangrenous appendix of mankind. That's why I cut them out." all over again, probably. But then again, who knows, eh. :flamed:
That's a whole different thing, euthanasia etc. I say if someone wants to die he has the right to do so.

Also, banning, censoring stuff is never right, box of pandora, democracy, rights blah. :chew:
Could not have put it better myself.

The hippocratic oath is quite fucked up, you have to swear by the old greek gods and shit. But yeah, basically censorship is total bullshit. But i think that maybe a few consequences in this case for fucking up your health may be in order. Like lower on the donor list, and having to pay a bit more. Obviously dont be too severe, but help those that help themselves. Like tax fat people ;).
Dreadnought
Devil times three go climb a tree
Devil times three go climb a tree

Post by Dreadnought »

Smiley wrote:can choose to quit smoking.
:rofl:

You're the bitch of 1 gramm of tobacco and you will never quit because you're weak.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

That was kinda the point... it's not easy giving up a good home and car just because the emissions are dangerous or polluting the enviroment.
Just like giving up smoking isn't easy at all, since it's a huge comfort for some.
Testicular Pugilist
Our Host!