Gameplayer mag does Fallout week

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Gameplayer mag does Fallout week

Post by cazsim83 »

<strong>[ Game -> Preview ]</strong> - More info on <a href="#Bethesda Softworks">Company: Bethesda Softworks</a> | More info on <a href="#Fallout 3">Game: Fallout 3</a>

<p><a href="http://www.gameplayer.com.au/gp_documen ... age=1">Two weeks after doing a bang-up job intelligently criticizing Fallout 3 and the changes it needs</a>, it seems that Australian magazine <a href="http://www.gameplayer.com.au/">Gameplayer</a> has jumped onto the Bethesda fanboy wagon. With glowing praise, they are kicking off Fallout Week, with the first article to be found <a href="http://www.gameplayer.com.au/gp_documen ... s">here</a>. Nine pages of praise, with a title that reads: "How we learned to stop worrying and love Fallout 3."</p><p>Perhaps they should pay attention to the articles they write.</p><p>A small excerpt taken from <strong>Per</strong> at <strong>NMA</strong>: </p><blockquote dir="ltr" style="margin-right: 0px"><p class="MsoNormal"><em><span>The first feature is a general presentation and retrospective going back to 2004, with about three out of nine pages devoted to the aggressive reaction of "rabid fans" in spite of Bethesda's loving approach to Fallout. Bethesda is a "house of geniuses" possessing admirable "honesty and openness", Emil's quest credentials and talent "cannot be questioned", and so on. They are simply doing everything right. V.A.T.S. is something that builds closely on the original game and represents a creative departure from Bethesda's usual techniques.</span></em></p><p class="MsoNormal"><em></em></p></blockquote><p class="MsoNormal"><span>I'm not upset that they would write such a glowing (and transparent) article, but that mere weeks after writing such a good article about what Bethesda needs to do for Fallout 3, they would put this up. </span></p><p>Spotted @ <a href="http://www.nma-fallout.com">No Mutants Allowed</a></p>
entertainer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by entertainer »

I wish I could write shit and brainwash everybody.

And then come the comments:
....Dude, I read all that and it was gripping from start to finish, I'm looking forward to the next few days, I have faith in Bethesda after reading this, If anyone can pull it off... they can.
This game was pretty awesome. It beats COD4 for bigass nuc-ul-ear explosions.
:hahano:
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

It seems so... sugarcoated and insincere... are you sure there isn't a "Just kidding" at the end of it?
Testicular Pugilist
entertainer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by entertainer »

Day 2 and:
Read the huge Episode 1 blog after having read a lot of criticisms regarding Bethesda's involvement. I'm much more reassured about Fallout 3 now.
it sounds like this fallout thing has a lot of back story to it.
:rofl:
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Has an envelope full of cash changed hands in between?
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

it sounds like this fallout thing has a lot of back story to it.
Uh-oh... me no like story, me want bang bang!
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Dreadnought
Devil times three go climb a tree
Devil times three go climb a tree

Post by Dreadnought »

I wonder what's wrong in this world. *lights up a joint with a $50 note*
���������
Our Host!