SUSAN WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

SUSAN WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME

Post by jetbaby »

Okay. Susan's (my 1991 Honda Civic in dark blue, named after the [not so?] one and only, of course) alternator went out yesterday and my car died on an insanely dangerous spot of freeway at about two fifteen AM so I walked like five miles to my friend's house in the pouring rain only to find out he was fucked on coke and couldn't take me to a tow place so I started walking to my other friend's house which was like five miles further but he (cloudnine) wasn't awake so I walked back and the original friend took me to a tow shop a few miles down the road and then I drove with the tow truck driver to my car, where he didn't want to get out and get it ready because it's dark outside still and he didn't want to die (I don't blame him, he only had five more days to work or something before he was quitting) so he called the state troopers who said they would be along shortly to direct traffic and after waiting for like half an hour or forty five minutes he did it anyway because he was sick of waiting (and as it turns out the stater had stopped about a quarter mile behind us to call a tow truck for another vehicle and it just so happened it was the other driver working for the same company) so he hitched the sucker on and then voila, now I'm home. Like five hours after I left work to make the twenty minute drive home.

The moral of the story is that Susan is fucking my life up right now. No car means I can't do laundry today. That's pretty crappy but I can survive that. No car means that we are one car short for a cabin trip tomorrow morning. That is inexcusable. Susan, you have failed me for the last time.

Also I'm thinking about buying a Prius so I can be all artfag and stuff.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

I saw a prius the other day. first one i have seen in SA. It is ugly. Dont get it. Buy an Ariel ATOM. yeah.

Or a BMW motorbike.

Or a toyota supra. yes. That.

>>>or the new Nissan GTR <<<

no excuses, if you can afford to buy a prius you can afford to buy a nice not shit car that DOESNT suck.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

I'm driving a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero, I got it for about 9000 last year, so the price would be down on one of those. It gets about thirty miles per gallon on the highway, so it's not a real bad buy.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Go get yourself a Holden Commodore.
baby arm
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by baby arm »

cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

I'm sure that violates one of our 27 rules, babyarm :drunk:
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Hey, my Subaru Legacy 1991 Turbo I got myself last year for 2100$ is still working fine B)

Jap cars for the wine.
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

Is that a mangingerladyboy ?
Psychoul
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Psychoul »

THAT IS .. :bang: :fart: discusting
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

S4ur0n27 wrote:Hey, my Subaru Legacy 1991 Turbo I got myself last year for 2100$ is still working fine B)

Jap cars for the wine.
My '92 Subaru Liberty is still puttering along nicely too. Just changed the alternator for the first time couple of weeks back.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Stainless wrote:
S4ur0n27 wrote:Hey, my Subaru Legacy 1991 Turbo I got myself last year for 2100$ is still working fine B)

Jap cars for the wine.
My '92 Subaru Liberty is still puttering along nicely too. Just changed the alternator for the first time couple of weeks back.
I really wonder why they change the name from a country to another, when both are english-speaking.

Mine is fine, except for some rust and of course the little electronic gadgets breaking(AC and sunroof). But hey, that's normal for a 17 years car.

We have really harsh winters here, and I still see plenty of old Subarus, even some Justys and Loyales.
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

they make up a bunch of names and test them all out on focus groups, the marketing machine rolls on.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Susan has like a quarter of a million miles. Still runs alright. Not going to go much longer, I'm thinking. Should I run her into the ground or sell it off now and get a kewl new kar?

rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

if her fuel efficiency is going to crap sell her off before you kill her. otherwise plow her into the ground.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Still probably low to mid thirties in city, I'd. I'd have to sit down and run the math on my fuel log.

rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

if it saves you enough money fighting a calculator is worth it.
Goretheglowingone
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member
Location: DAC (YEA FUCKERS! WHAT'S IT TO YOU? HUH! HUH! , I Gotta go butt sex a nun now..

Post by Goretheglowingone »

why get a kewl new kar? get a 72 or 73 dodge dart ,valiant or swinger. they look good and there huge and they get kick ass gas mileage if they have the slant 6 in em , that 225 slant 6 is Dodge's best engien, its a torque monster , its good on gas mileage (mine get 34) and its one of the most reliable gas engines in the world .
the only engien better in its class is the ford 300 strait 6.
EATER OF STUPID CHILDREN
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

if you can find an old car that has a toyota cressida engine in it try it out. it used to be THE most reliable engine ever built, i dont know about now though. I would not trust anything made by ford if i were you though. We had a ford cortina that used to break just about every day.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

S4ur0n27 wrote:Mine is fine, except for some rust and of course the little electronic gadgets breaking(AC and sunroof). But hey, that's normal for a 17 years car.

We have really harsh winters here, and I still see plenty of old Subarus, even some Justys and Loyales.
Yeah, my sunroof is fucked too. But that's a fuse issue which I'm too lazy to fix. But I've also got a little bit of the rusting happening also, but it goes great. Only time I've had issues with it, is when the fuel pump died one night when I was out the other end of town. But considering it was the original fuel pump and it's done a good 320,000 km I'm not really too pissed about it.

Speaking of which, it's about due for another service anyway.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Stainless wrote:
S4ur0n27 wrote:Mine is fine, except for some rust and of course the little electronic gadgets breaking(AC and sunroof). But hey, that's normal for a 17 years car.

Yeah, my sunroof is fucked too. But that's a fuse issue which I'm too lazy to fix. But I've also got a little bit of the rusting happening also, but it goes great. Only time I've had issues with it, is when the fuel pump died one night when I was out the other end of town. But considering it was the original fuel pump and it's done a good 320,000 km I'm not really too pissed about it.

Speaking of which, it's about due for another service anyway.
Amazingly, no fuse problems here, just some rust that got into the sunroof, I can open it but it won't close without having to myself hold some metal piece while it closes. I can still make it go "up" and get some wind though. It's leaking a bit, too.
Our Host!