Anyone else here still play WoW?

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Smiley wrote:You in the beta Frater?

It's awesomeness incarnate.
No I'm not. And to be honest, I'm not even up to date with what's happening in beta, I just don't really care, as I will see all of it in a tuned context very soon anyway.

By the way, I got the T6 bracers last night so I have 8/8 for Feral :awesome:
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

Beta is very very sweet... the Death Knight is very well implemented with a strong questline.
Most of the quests in Northrend feel important, and a lot of things are happening. Even the simple kill-10-whatever-pick-up-10-whatever quests usually have more happening to them, be it in special circumstances or funny references.

As an example, you put down fake fur on beartraps to kill poachers for the D.E.H.T.A. (P.E.T.A), turning the tables on the Nesingwary hunter expedition. The poachers come up with quotes like "Yes! Only 50 more hooves for my new gun!" in the area where they poach..
Testicular Pugilist
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

Can't find the old post your character thread - so here's mine - not much to look at at the moment - but I'm quickly wasting many days of my life trying to reach the elusive 80

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Cazikins
Tingel Tangel
Fascist Bitch
Fascist Bitch

Post by Tingel Tangel »

*waves* I still play. Haven't had much time lately, so I haven't even entered Naxx with my guild yet. I'm in charge of our webby, and for weeks I had to post pictures of them downing varous bosses without having been there myself. -.-
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

What server are you on? PM me if you're all KGB and such

also - wheretf is smiley lately? Too much WAR?
Tingel Tangel
Fascist Bitch
Fascist Bitch

Post by Tingel Tangel »

Oh, so, I was swept into a raid because another healer didn't show tonight, and helped kill Kel'thuzad, so Naxx is now clear. Our raid leaders are all fucked up annoyed by the fact that other guilds are ahead of us, and yet keep ignoring the fact that it might be because we're demoting and kicking people left and right in frustation, instead of becoming a smoothly oiled raiding machine. Silly gits.

Anyway, tried Malygos as well, because they apparently want to reach server first. Got him well into phase two, then healers started ooming, boom, wipe.

It appears that we're going slowly - guilds that used to be far behind us are now clearing Naxx at 25 man while we seem to be struggling. And it frustrates a lot of the longterm members. But it's quite apparent that it's become way more about progress for the sake of progress, instead of having fun, which annoys me.

I'm currently thinking about /gquit, but that's because I'm all emotional and whiny and don't feel that my work is being recognised and all that feminine yap. I'll most likely think something else in a couple of days.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

WoW sounds like some ridiculous, hardcore shit everyone takes too seriously.

I'm not saying that as an attack, but if a videogame feels like a dead-end job, what's the point?
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Retlaw83 wrote:WoW sounds like some ridiculous, hardcore shit everyone takes too seriously.

I'm not saying that as an attack, but if a videogame feels like a dead-end job, what's the point?

Unless it was actually a videogame about a dead end job:

The PCs are usually given incomprehensible or self-contradicting mission goals, dangerous, faulty or experimental futuristic gizmos as equipment (such as a tactical nuclear grenade marked "Throw Hard!"), as well as contradictory missions from their secret societies. Paranoia missions are typically fatal for the Troubleshooters.

Given the extreme lethality of Paranoia, the episodic/repetitive structure of MMORPG might work for Paranoia. (You keep starting new characters/activating clones. Hey, so we get some permadeath!)

Except in order to really work there would have to be lots of moving parts/complex dialogue... and the best AI ever. Including a heavy duty parser or drag-drop sentence fragment thingy.

More.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

I still have never played WoW. Should I? Also, I don't want to pay monthly fees. Find me a solution.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

King of Creation wrote:I still have never played WoW. Should I? Also, I don't want to pay monthly fees. Find me a solution.

Free trial over and over with proxies?
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

free trail and then play on a cracked server.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

...or maybe not get into it at all?
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

Just keep on truckin' in the reel world ya? Unless you find clicking the number "3" on your keyboard over and over again to be an amusing gaming experience.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

free crazy open servers blizzad all but shut down - @ TT - waaaay too many people take a fuckin' game way to oseriously...it...is...a....game.

@ KoC - you know, i rwas really an opponent of the monthly fee, but...i'm getting very addicted - it is worth it only after you try the two weeks trial and decide you are hooked - if you aren't hooked don't buy it and never look back.

i wil edit this tomorrow night as i am in no cnodition to edit anything god i love hallowee..holiday parties - designated drivers are my best friends when they are my friends and rive me home..

I feel like blargh also except not as wittty and obscure.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

cazsim83 wrote:i'm getting very addicted
WoW is the best thing ever. :love:
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Spoken, not Stirred ; a self referential attribution of a second hand state in ½ an Act wrote:like
Too little memory = insufficient screaming = incorrect =

Gladness = both =

Yes. :drunk:
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Tingel Tangel wrote:Oh, so, I was swept into a raid because another healer didn't show tonight, and helped kill Kel'thuzad, so Naxx is now clear. Our raid leaders are all fucked up annoyed by the fact that other guilds are ahead of us, and yet keep ignoring the fact that it might be because we're demoting and kicking people left and right in frustation, instead of becoming a smoothly oiled raiding machine. Silly gits.

Anyway, tried Malygos as well, because they apparently want to reach server first. Got him well into phase two, then healers started ooming, boom, wipe.

It appears that we're going slowly - guilds that used to be far behind us are now clearing Naxx at 25 man while we seem to be struggling. And it frustrates a lot of the longterm members. But it's quite apparent that it's become way more about progress for the sake of progress, instead of having fun, which annoys me.

I'm currently thinking about /gquit, but that's because I'm all emotional and whiny and don't feel that my work is being recognised and all that feminine yap. I'll most likely think something else in a couple of days.
Your guild must be terrible. We cleared Naxx 25 in our first night of raiding in the expansion, with some people just having reached 80 (I dinged just half an hour before the raid started). Sartharion (0 drakes up) was oneshot, on the very first attempt (we killed him with 2 drakes up and are currently working on 3 drakes, will hopefully drop tonight) and Malygos we killed on our first evening when the server was stable.
All in all, the expansion is still far too easy, with Sartharion with 3 drakes up being more of a retard check than anything else. I really hope that Ulduar will bring some challenge back.
Tingel Tangel
Fascist Bitch
Fascist Bitch

Post by Tingel Tangel »

Nah, generally, we used to do pretty good. One of the fastest progressing guilds on our server in TBC. Problem just seems to be that we were all very different set on levelling - I barely played for the first two weeks after the release of Wrath, because I was busy with studies, work and teaching. Same with a few others of the core raiders from TBC - so basically, the guid came into being 80 at different times, which also means different gear levels. So naturally, some of the people that took two weeks off from work in order to get to 80 and gear up were rewarded, while some of us 'slackers' we basically scolded.
I'm fucking annoyed by it, to be honest. It's incredibly annoying to see your guild going from one of the top ones, to being slower than the people we used to sit back and laugh about, just because of internal errors, if that makes sense. Bickering between myself and the other Vice GMs, class leaders questioning each other and forming cliques, long term members leaving because of dissaproval of 'guild strategies'... All of which being reasons that I'm concidering up and leaving.
jimmypneumatic
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by jimmypneumatic »

Retlaw83 wrote:WoW sounds like some ridiculous, hardcore shit everyone takes too seriously.

it's not a dead end job, it's more like that dirty little family secret that everyone acknowledges is there but wont do anything about.

My time's up on the 19th, so if this were a vote, mine'd be nay.

WoW is officially :crouchfacewtfpower1nedshelved11?.!: until my classes CC/multi-target dps is considered. sorry blizz, maybe diablo3 will be fun. :barbarian: :chainsaw:
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

You can escape the horrible day at the office, sitting in front of a computer screen for eight hours, doing pointless shit that requires all your concentration and stresses the shit out of you, and finally relax... by coming home, sitting in front of a computer screen for eight hours, doing pointless shit that requires all your concentration and stresses the shit out of you.
Our Host!