Inside the Vault: Angela Browder

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Inside the Vault: Angela Browder

Post by cazsim83 »

<strong>[ Game -> Interview ]</strong> - More info on <a href="#Bethesda Softworks">Company: Bethesda Softworks</a> | More info on <a href="#Angela Browder">Person: Angela Browder</a>

<p>Today&rsquo;s <a href="http://bethblog.com/index.php/2008/06/0 ... ong>Inside the Vault</strong></a> is about <strong>Angela Browder</strong>, associate producer.</p><p>Here are some excerpts from the interview:</p><blockquote dir="ltr" style="margin-right: 0px"><p><em><strong>What&rsquo;s your job at Bethesda?
</strong>I am an associate producer in charge of the character artists and animators. I also look out for our sound guy and concept artist when needed. On a daily basis that means I assign tasks and bugs, work on long term scheduling, and keep tabs on making sure that people are on track with dates</em></p><p><em><strong>What other games have you worked on? </strong>
Before I started at Bethesda, I spent a number of years working as a GameMaster for an online text-based RPG while I was going to school. Here at Bethesda, I worked in QA on Oblivion and its many manifestations before moving to production on Fallout 3.</em></p><p><em><strong>How did you get into the industry? Do you have any tips for breaking in?</strong>
My story is similar to many before me. I had a friend who worked here at Bethesda who mentioned to me there were openings in QA, and as I had just gotten out of school and was seeking employment, I submitted my resume. They interviewed me and seemed not to hate me and offered me a job.</em></p><p><em>As for my tips, all I can say is, be willing to take whatever job you can and work hard at it. If you really want to get into the video game industry, don&rsquo;t be afraid to start in QA, you can work your way up. Starting in QA gives you the advantage of getting to know the way your company works, the way development works and allows you to get to know your co-workers. You can learn a lot from people who are doing the job you want. The important thing is to work hard at the job you have. That&rsquo;s what will get you noticed and a good work ethic can often times overshadow lack of experience.</em></p><p><em><strong>What would you say is your personal favorite game of all-time?
</strong>Dragon Warrior IV for the Nintendo is my personal favorite game of all-time. It was the first RPG that I ever completed and holds the honor of being the only RPG that I have ever replayed multiple times (in a non-work capacity of course).</em> </p></blockquote><p>Aside - I hesitated to post this <strong>Inside the Vault</strong> for one glaring reason. Be kind, gentlemen.</p><p>Spotted @ <a href="http://bethblog.com/">Bethesda Blog</a></p>
Dreadnought
Devil times three go climb a tree
Devil times three go climb a tree

Post by Dreadnought »

cazsim is taking his job here really serious. Very well done caz. Go on like this and they will soon promote u to change the lightbulbs all over the place.
���������
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

I rate we get him to clean out susan's tubes.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

This is starting to get hilarious; Bethesda is like the worst collection of people. But on the other hand, they're the ones making Fallout 3. :sadblinky:
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Yeah, that picture just screams at you that she is a cat owner.
Our Host!