Video interview at Gry-Online.pl

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Video interview at Gry-Online.pl

Post by cazsim83 »

<strong>[ Game -> Interview ]</strong> - More info on <a href="#Fallout 3">Game: Fallout 3</a> | More info on <a href="#Pete Hines">Person: Pete Hines</a>

<p><a href="http://www.gry-online.pl/s009.asp">Gry-Online.pl (Polish site)</a> has a video interview with <strong>Pete Hines</strong> as well, this time in English, with Polish subtitles. Some excerpts, in my own words:</p><blockquote dir="ltr" style="margin-right: 0px"><p>---"If you keep shooting at random buildings instead of your enemies, you're not going to hit anything..." - <strong>Pete Hines</strong>, on player input during combat in Fallout 3.</p><p>---<strong>Pete</strong> does mention that hacking and dialogue, among other non-combat skills will play a part in how successful your character is, which is why <strong>Pete</strong> says, "which is why I do think it is very similar to Fallout 1 and 2...", although Pete does take a quick jab saying that it won't matter as much if you're a good twitch gamer or how fast you are with a keyboard and mouse.</p><p>---Around 1:20 into it, <strong>Hines</strong> confirms there will be an Oblivion-esque slider bar for difficulty (If that's not what he's saying, please prove me wrong)</p><p>---A level cap of 20, which is "pretty high" and at that point you'll be "pretty tough and able to kill just about anything,"</p><p>---"What types of characters can we be in Fallout?" is asked of <strong>Pete</strong> - his response is "any or all of those things, you can be particularly good at one thing and be a big brawler, be a good who runs around and shoots first. You can be the evil guy, you can be the good guy, you can be neutral. You can focus on science, you can focus on stealth, speech, any and all of those things, and all the combinations in-between."</p><p>---Watch about 3 minutes into it, if you can - it gets good.<strong> Pete</strong> is asked about "die-hard Fallout fans"</p><p>---Also, once again confirmed Fallout 3's enemies will not level like Oblivion's did.</p><p>---The interviewer says "we all have seen the headlines saying '500 endings or so'" - I saw 200, did I miss something?</p><p>---<strong>Pete</strong> hints that at E3 they (Bethesda) will probably start showing some different areas, *actual!* gameplay footage (<strong>Pete</strong> does say nobody has yet, so I'll give him that), and confirms Fall 2008 release still on track for Fallout 3.</p></blockquote><p>Video is 6:37 long, and can be found <a href="http://www.gry-online.pl/s014.asp?ID=12 ... <p>Spotted @ <a href="http://fallout3.wordpress.com/">Briosafreak's Fallout 3 Blog</a></p>
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

The plot thickens. :bored:
Dreadnought
Devil times three go climb a tree
Devil times three go climb a tree

Post by Dreadnought »

Bethesda's way to thicken plots is fuckloads arrowroot. They make it thick but clear. Clear to see that there is nothing. Absolutely nothing. Just some colour. A bit of brown. A bit of sand. A bit of Bordeaux. Looks like shit. :(
���������
Our Host!