New, Personal Interview with Emil

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

New, Personal Interview with Emil

Post by cazsim83 »

<strong>[ Person -> Interview ]</strong> - More info on <a href="#Emil Pagliarulo">Person: Emil Pagliarulo</a>

<p>There is a "bit different" interview over at the bethblog with <strong>Emil Pagliarulo</strong> from Bethesda Softworks - producers of the upcoming Fallout 3 game for PC, XBOX360, and PS3. </p><blockquote dir="ltr" style="margin-right: 0px"><p><em><strong>Finally, describe a typical day in the life of Emil Pagliarulo.</strong>
Lately, considering where we are in Fallout&rsquo;s development, my days have been less than typical, since I&rsquo;ve been in something of a self-imposed crunch. But if I were to average everything out, it would look something like:</em></p><ul><li><em>Get up between 7:00am and 8:00am </em></li><li><em>Help get my kids dressed and fed </em></li><li><em>Take my two older boys to school at 9:00am </em></li><li><em>Get to the office around 9:30am </em></li><li><em>Worktime! Days at the Bethesda offices lately have been ranging anywhere from 8 to 16 hours. In that time, I: </em></li></ul><blockquote><ul><li><em>Write and edit dialogue </em></li><li><em>Play the game and report bugs </em></li><li><em>Fix my own bugs </em></li><li><em>Work with the designers on any issues they may have </em></li><li><em>Attend meetings </em></li><li><em>Run my own crazy ideas by Todd Howard </em></li><li><em>Sundry other tasks </em></li></ul></blockquote><p><em>When I get home, it&rsquo;s family time &mdash; I play with my kids; help with homework; watch my wife make dinner and nonchalantly ask, &ldquo;Do you need any help?&rdquo; and then get the kids drinks after she rolls her eyes.</em></p><p><em>The kids are in bed anywhere from 8:00pm to 9:00pm, and after that my wife and I usually watch a movie, or I play games while she watches crappy reality TV about people whose lives generally suck.</em></p><p><em>Add into that mix some weight lifting, some reading, a lot more game playing, maybe some writing, and that&rsquo;s my typical day.</em></p></blockquote><p>Definitely not the regular style of interview to come out of the bethblog, as there isn't much about Fallout 3 at all. <strong>Acheng </strong>apparently wouldn't mind some feedback, so if you have an account over at the Bethesda forums, maybe let 'em know how you feel about this change of pace.</p><p>You can read the whole interview <a href="http://bethblog.com/index.php/2008/05/0 ... <p>Spotted @ <a href="http://bethblog.com/">Bethesda Blog</a></p>
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

:chew:
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

since when are devs all superstars?
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

He goes to work at 9:30 and bitches about having to work long days, them poor game developers.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
REVERANDPIP
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by REVERANDPIP »

gimp and his dominatrix..
Donkey Punch that hooker....
Our Host!