Eurogamer interviews Pete Hines

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Eurogamer interviews Pete Hines

Post by cazsim83 »

<strong>[ Game -> Interview ]</strong> - News related to <a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx/archives.php ... ry=25">Top Story: Eurogamer interview with Pete Hines</a> | More info on <a href="#No Mutants Allowed">Community: No Mutants Allowed</a> | More info on <a href="#Bethesda Softworks">Company: Bethesda Softworks</a> | More info on <a href="#Fallout 3">Game: Fallout 3</a> | More info on <a href="#Pete Hines">Person: Pete Hines</a><br><br><p>spotted @ <a href="http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewto ... 04">NMA</a> with much thanks to Brother None</p><p class="interviewQuestion"><span class="whoistalking">Eurogamer</span>: What I've never quite understood about Fallout 3 is why would Bethesda buy the licence? Arguably "Bethesda does post-apocalyptic game" is a bigger story than "Bethesda makes Fallout 3". Fallout is a relic to modern gamers. If you'd made your own world, you'd have sidestepped all the stress of dealing with over-protective fans.</p><p class="interviewAnswer"><span class="whoistalking">Pete Hines</span>: It's like, if George Lucas died tomorrow - God willing, he doesn't - and you're a film director. And you've grown up making big epic films - maybe you're Peter Jackson. And he finishes whatever his big next film is. And someone asks him, "what do you want to do next?" And he says, "I always wanted to make a big space movie. A big epic movie full of action." And they ask, "do you want to do generic space movie that you make up yourself, or do you want to do <em>Star Wars</em>." And he says, "I could do whatever, but I grew up as a kid and Star Wars made me want to get into making movies. It had such a profound impact on me, I would love to pick up this thing I loved and cared so much about and make the next one. And I'm not the guy who did the originals, but it means so much to me, and would mean much more to me to work in this world. It would be easier, perhaps less controversial and less pressure to do my own, but I'd rather do this thing that someone else did so much more."</p><p class="interviewAnswer">That's the best analogy I can use. We could have made anything and people would have been interested in it, probably, but Fallout meant a ton to us</p><p class="interviewAnswer">---I have to interject here - "meant a ton to us"??? How many devs have flat out said "I have never played Fallout" OR "I never finished it"...................WTF? Anyway - </p><p>read the full article @ <a href="http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?ar ... <p>Spotted @ <a href="http://www.nma-fallout.com">No Mutants Allowed</a></p>
spokomptonjdub
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by spokomptonjdub »

So basically, they admit that they can't come up with anything other than generic ideas, so they bought fallout which means SOOOO much to them that they feel they can only express their love by chainsawing it to pieces, shitting on it, and rebuilding it in a hideous visage made up of the former corpse and their butt mud.

Most of their devs "appreciated" the series so much that they dared not play it, for to do so would surely be blasphemy.

They still make no sense. I don't think they really knew what they were getting into when they bought fallout, they're like those people who go out and buy the CDs at starbucks because they think it makes them look cool, but really they're just attention/money grubbing whores who are empty inside.

In other words, they thought it would buy them "cred."

Tittybiscuits.
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Post by DarkUnderlord »

Use the little "indent paragraph" thingy for quotes, makes it look nice.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

Bethesda :opens fallouts bleeding anus:

:Inserts pitch fork:
Briosafreak
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Briosafreak »

DarkUnderlord wrote:Use the little "indent paragraph" thingy for quotes, makes it look nice.
The news content is fine cazsim83, but you need someone that teaches you how to format the news posts.

I think my inbox had doubled in the last 2 days re: this very issue - thnx for the heads up though - like I said, it definitely needs some work
Our Host!