Duck and Cover Forum Index

Duck and Cover  •  FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Support DAC!
 New Fan Interview View next topic
View previous topic
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 1:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

[ Community -> Interview ] - More info on Game: Fallout 3

Bethesda's Matt Grandstaff dropped by to let us know that they'll be doing a new Fallout 3 Fan Interview, similar to the one that happened last year. From the Bethblog:

Last year, once all the dust cleared from our initial unveiling of Fallout 3, we provided you guys with a chance to ask some burning questions about the game. Given we’ve just had another blitz of previews come out, we figured now was as good of a time as any to give you another opportunity.

Starting today in the Fallout 3 Discussion thread of the BGS forums, you can start suggesting questions you’d like to see answered. You can also share your questions in the comments section of this blog post, or simply by emailing us. To help make sure we’re answering the questions you guys want to know, I’ve entrusted three of our community members to help out with the process — Alexander, Briosafreak, Gizmo. If you’ve got suggestions, or think you might be able to help them out, drop them a line.

If you want your question considered, you have between now and Sunday, May 18th to post your questions through the channels listed above. Once we’ve got the final questions, we’ll work on getting answers back to you guys.

So it looks like we'll actually get some good questions this time with Briosafreak on board the selection team. Send 'em in!

Nooke
I'm a little twat

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

1st
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 10:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Toddler wrote:
Regarding the quest compass, you always need an easy way to tell the player where you want them to go, so we’ll use something similar.

Is it even possible to get stuck in video games nowadays? Ever heard of hints, clues, subtle pointers and the rewarding feeling of solving a puzzle? Probably not if your attention span is less than one minute.

I remember Alundra for PSone - pretty bueno puzzles - Legend of Zelda used to be cool too, before they realized that everyone had internet and so made puzzles just a long series of "jump here, fire arrow @ 'X', etc"
Nooke
I'm a little twat

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 11:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am currently playing Fallout 1 after a long while again and I forgot so much of the stuff that I have quite a few WHOOOW moments again, because I just can't recall some of the stuff. Thank you drugs. I love you. icon_hug

Edit:

jerk
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 11:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

dementia has its benefits icon_drunk
Nooke
I'm a little twat

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 11:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

How did I get here? icon_confused2
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

King of Creation wrote:
So it looks like we'll actually get some good questions this time with Briosafreak on board the selection team. Send 'em in!

Huh? Briosafreak was on board for the selection team last time, as was I.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hah...I didn't even know there was a selection team. I thought Beth just did it all.
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nah, they let us handle it, though the inclusion of Alexander - a big TES fan - in this go is very telling.

It's not like there's a point to including sharp questions, though. They're just going to either say "no, try another question" or spin it somehow. The problem with Bethesda isn't so much the kinds of questions asked, it's their tendency to PR-spin everything.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ya, I remember last time the fan interview was pretty lackluster but I don't know if that was because they couldn't say anything or they were swell guy.

Jump to:  

View next topic
View previous topic