Interplay Gets Rolling on Another Franchise

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Interplay Gets Rolling on Another Franchise

Post by Stainless »

<strong>[ Company -> Article ]</strong> - More info on <a href="#Interplay">Company: Interplay</a>

<p><a href="http://www.interplay.com/" target="_blank">Interplay</a> seems to be getting back on it's feet, roping Earthworm Jim creater Doug TenNapel back into the fold.</p><p> </p><blockquote><p><em>TenNapel will serve as a creative consultant for the sequel, currently
titled Earthworm Jim 4, though no other details on the game were
disclosed. The company added that TenNapel will be developing a new
Earthworm Jim animated series and feature-length film. </em>
</p></blockquote><p> </p><p>Seems Interplay might actually have some splash money now, hopefully they'll invest it in their decent franchises properly instead of trying to rape them for instant profits. They may even become a real company again.
</p><p>Thanks to <strong>Pooperscooper</strong> for the heads up, and who I shamelessly stole that final line from.</p><p>Entire article can be read <a href="http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/52353" target="_blank">here</a> at ShackNews. </p><p>Spotted @ <a href="http://www.shacknews.com">Shacknews</a></p>
Zetura Dracos
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Zetura Dracos »

I actually went through the trouble of creating a snide tirade in which Earthworm Jim represented the Fallout license but it was obvious and not worth typing out fully.

Instead, I shall say this: Earthworm Jim? Seriously, Interplay? After ten years? Jesus!
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

They have (some of) the original devs on board wtih both EJ and FO online. Either this means they're cheap, or they... I dunno. Probably they're cheap.
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

Lets hope that earthworm jim does not start sounding like homer....

Good to hear interplay are pulling a DAC and not dying.
Zetura Dracos
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Zetura Dracos »

Mr. Teatime wrote:They have (some of) the original devs on board wtih both EJ and FO online. Either this means they're cheap, or they... I dunno. Probably they're cheap.
Well it's something at least. Earthworm Jim just strikes me as an interesting choice. I think that they'd have to do some pretty significant overhauling to make it appealing to most of the current gamer audience.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Zetura Dracos wrote: Well it's something at least. Earthworm Jim just strikes me as an interesting choice. I think that they'd have to do some pretty significant overhauling to make it appealing to most of the current gamer audience.
That's what I was thinking. I did enjoy the games on my Genesis when I was 13, but don't see how it could be adapted to today's teens.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

I think it'd be kickass if they kept it a sidescroller, keeping that game old school would be best for every one.

If it was a fully 3d game it'd bomb.

Kids these days only want flashy graphics, so it'd probably only fair well with people that either grew up with it or enjoy less used styles of play.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

senisterdenister wrote:I think it'd be kickass if they kept it a sidescroller, keeping that game old school would be best for every one.

If it was a fully 3d game it'd bomb.

Kids these days only want flashy graphics, so it'd probably only fair well with people that either grew up with it or enjoy less used styles of play.
Still, would you buy today even if it was a sidescroller? Ain't sure I would. It's the kind of game I played as a kid because I used to play video games a lot, say 3 hours a day. Now I don't even have time to play all the games I want; I'm not sure Jim would be my first pick.

Edit - lol, 12450 posts
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

No videogames for me, the only game to play this year is GTA IV. The hobby is way too expensive too maintain, especially for some of the half-ass crap they pawn on us nowadays:assassinscreed:
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Eh, I'm trying to download Assassin's Creed; I had found a torrent which was going at 300ks, but it was a damn russian version? The good one is downloading at like 7k D:

Sadly GTA IV is one of the most expensive, as you need a PS3 D:
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

I really liked EwJ back in the day, and they did make a 3d version back on N64, which looked like shit and sucked, as far as I recall. I'd also like to see it stay 2d, for starters really good 2d platformers aren't horribly expensive to make, so it'd be ideal. 2D is also a fuckload easier on keyboard controls then a 3D platformer.

Still, I did also watch the old cartoon series on occasion so I'm kind of interested to see how that pans out too.
Nooke
I'm a little twat

Post by Nooke »

Yeah some high res 2 D or some 2Dish 3D shit wouldn't be all too bad. I'd buy it.
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

assassin's creed fucking sucks i killed 55 motherfucking templars and now i cant get the ending if i dont find the other fucking 5 and kill them. and the ending is not actually and ending it is just a piece of shit slap in the face : do it all over again. Fuck Ubisoft. SHIT waste of fucking time gayme.

THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS HAVE THE AUDACITY TO MAKE SKIPPING CUT SCENES IMPOSSIBLE. FUCK UBISOFT AND

FUCK THE DUMB BITCH WHO DIRECTED THIS FUDGE DRAGON.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

rabidpeanut wrote: THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS HAVE THE AUDACITY TO MAKE SKIPPING CUT SCENES IMPOSSIBLE. .
that *really* sucked, actually. :chew:
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I was actually introduced to Earth Worm Jim from a neighbor many years ago who moved from texas, the kid was a little weasel but he had some nice games. I think I brought over another friend and he started talking about the neighbors mom and shit and we never really hung out again. It was pretty funny though. I think it was the SNES version, they also had like 2 or 3 if I remember correctly. They moved away not long after anyways.

The game had some good animation.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

I still have the second one for SNES, pretty awesome for a side-scroller.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

Earthworm jim was awesome because it was so fucking funny. I never got good enough at it to finish it but i have watched a friend play the whole game, and i would love to get my hands on the old and a new one if they dont fuck it up. Loved psi crow esp when everyone turn out to be cows.
entertainer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by entertainer »

You need to start your sentences with "Dude," for better effect.
Fallout 3 - By Morons, For Morons
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

It's funny to see cautiously optimistic attitudes building up towards IPLY, after Bethesda acquired the rights to Fallout 3. To me, they're still utter and complete bags of shit with exactly same interests as Bethesda, unless proven otherwise.
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

Hey if some of the old crew have held on then they might be good. I DEMAND REDNECK RAMPAGE 2.
Our Host!