My Robot Won't Use Guns

If you can't get the Fallout games to run the way you want, or are having trouble with bugs, here's the place to ask for help.
clawcity
SDF!
SDF!

My Robot Won't Use Guns

Post by clawcity »

G'day guys, I recently started playing through Fallout 2 again, how I love that game :) Anyway I managed to get Skynet into his robot body with the cybernetic brain and all was well. Then for no explicable reason the thing stopped using it's gun and started ineffectively [censored] slapping enemies instead. I've checked combat control and he's set to ranged, but whenever I tell him to use best weapon he just doesn't. It's driving me nuts, I went to all the trouble of getting the brain and all I've got for my trouble is metallic canon fodder. Any ideas what's up?
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Are you sure he(or it, whatever) is not out of ammo? Give him some ammo; use the Steal function, then move the ammo to his inventory. Also, try changing the weapon he's using.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

What weapon are you equipping him? Keep in mind that he can only use rifles/shotguns and I believe large pistols/smgs.
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

Honestly that robot is not that good, if i were you i would find vault 13 quickly and replace him with gorris.
bozar
SDF!
SDF!

Post by bozar »

Set his weapon preference to "ranged"
clawcity
SDF!
SDF!

Post by clawcity »

He has about 1,000 rounds of shotgun shells for his Pancor Jackhammer, which he was previously using fine. I've tried a few other rifles too. I already have him set to ranged.

I thought of Gorris, then I thought of Sulik repeatedly burst firing him in the back when he closes for melee combat.
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

That is why you give sulik a supersledge hammer, he hones will with the smg. He is MUCH better with melee. You just must target someone other than the guy gorris an sulik are raping.

Ranged partners are dangerous cause they always kill your melee buddies. Like Marcus with a rocket launcher.

I am sure that there is some use in having a robot, like some cool side quest etc but i have not encountered it. Good luck fixing your prob. No clue why he is doing that, try loading an old save. or get that gun back off him and give him a different one of the same type.
Nooke
I'm a little twat

Post by Nooke »

Disadvantages:

Sulik and Goris die because I accidentally kill them with my Bozar/Gatling Laser/Penis.

Sulik and Goris get fucked to shreds by super mutant Gatling fire.

They run through radioactive goo and lose HP

Rockets and grenades fuck with Sulik and Goris, and I'm sick of pushing them away during combat.

As you see, I don't like melee combat unless it's a melee only fight.

Edit:

Oh, and I have no idea how to fix the problem with the robot. :drunk:
bozar
SDF!
SDF!

Post by bozar »

"He has about 1,000 rounds of shotgun shells for his Pancor Jackhammer, which he was previously using fine. I've tried a few other rifles too. I already have him set to ranged. "
Even the Gauss Rifle?
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

Dewd, gorris rapes super mutants, and give sulik power armour, but be areful it will fucking disappear if you leave it on him for too long, i think the fucker sells it for buffout.
Nooke
I'm a little twat

Post by Nooke »

It never disappeared. You must own the hewbrew version of Fallout 2.
clawcity
SDF!
SDF!

Post by clawcity »

The solution has finally presented itself, and you'll probably all wonder the same thing as me "why didn't I bloody think of that", lol.

At some point without me knowing about it he ended up with a crippled leg (WTF! He has no legs!) and a crippled arm. I used repair on him and voila!!!
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

hahahahahaha

Like you said. why didn't i think of that?

You must watch your fights more carefully, read the info from each shot, at least you learned.

Congrats dude.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Nooke wrote:They run through radioactive goo and lose HP
Puts boots in their inventory. Problem solved.
clawcity
SDF!
SDF!

Post by clawcity »

Until they melt anyway, lol
Drunk_Squid
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Drunk_Squid »

Those fucking boots are worthless, just stock up on fucking healing powder and take the pain.
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

And grow an extra toe.
Our Host!