HELP HOW DO I READ A HOLODISC?

If you can't get the Fallout games to run the way you want, or are having trouble with bugs, here's the place to ask for help.
dbrauerei23
SDF!
SDF!

HELP HOW DO I READ A HOLODISC?

Post by dbrauerei23 »

Hey

Decided to go back and replay Fallout for the first time in awhile, but am now using a Mac instead of a PC. The manual doesn't help with this but for the life of me I can't remember how to read a holodisc on the pipboy? is it done differently for Mac?

Thanks
m.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

hold down mouse buttan maybe
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Iirc, you have to 'use' the holodisc to download it to Pipboy(i.e. hold down the left mouse button to open the action menu). The content is readable in the Pipboy screen.
dbrauerei23
SDF!
SDF!

Post by dbrauerei23 »

Thanks,
I thought that was the way, but since this is a mac, there's only one mouse button.

When I place the disc in my active item slot, in the corner it says 'Use On' Doing this activates the target icon but then where do I go from there? You can't click on the Vault Dweller because it then says 'It does nothing'

What a pain, thanks for the advice
m.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

dbrauerei23 wrote:I thought that was the way, but since this is a mac, there's only one mouse button.
LOL PWNED

PM "Subhuman" and ask him, he probably knows
Nooke
I'm a little twat

Post by Nooke »

Why do people buy macs? I mean the only reason why they say it's better than everything else, is because they paid 4 times more for something inferior and now don't want everyone to make fun of them. :D
4too
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Utility Personal Computer

Post by 4too »

Utility Personal Computer

@ all above ....

Mac's can be good appliance personal computers. Web browser, word processor, graphics manipulator.

The Mac OS X is less infuriating and insultingly dysfunctional than Microsoft perpetual beta-ware.
But the Leopard version of OS 10 may be tripping over the backward compatibility as the majority of Mac hardware moves from PowerPC to multi-core processors. Leopard seems to be Apple's Vista. Lot of angry returns. Worst Mac OS 10 upgrade ever.

Since Mac's have been using USB for year's. any one using a 1 button mouse must like having to make up for the lack
with left hand locked on the key board
or be too short in resources to obtain ANY pc usb throw away mouse.
Can spend more at Mac-Donald's, then for a loss leader mouse.

Since OS10, more game ports are available.
The FO's were ported years back. Not readily available at shelved retail now.

Each user logged in sets up another 10 save places, less hand to hand file swapping when exploring new SPECIAL builds.
Few OS 9 versions of FO. Most likely using OS 10, should be able to use any pc usb mouse.

IF STUCK WITH ONE BUTTON,
why?,
well helpless does not mean hopeless ...
The MacPlay port had a pdf manual with the Mac quick keys,

'm' toggles the mouse pointer on the main map, between the arrow pointer and the ''move here'' hexagon symbol.

The only Mac only key combo is the 'apple' command key and 'p' to pause or hide game to dock.

On the inventory screen you have to work with the option key to toggle from selecting the 'hand' or using the arrow and it's inventory information, handling pulldown.
This may be the key, mouse button coordination you need to 'use' holodisks'. You want the inventory handling pull down, icon menu from the mouse's arrow pointer.

Good luck with that.
Far easier with a two button usb mouse. Any Mac that supports OS 10 should support a usb mouse.
Any Beige Mac that can struggle with OS 10 ? -- well -- if it has a standard pc card slot -- usb / firewire cards exist.

The money thing?

One Mac --- 5 years. Marketing types hate systems that don't die in 15 months.

Part of return of the Mac is the tedious marketing of ipods and other popcorn consumer icons. The fashion regime is at best a parity of itself,
and I wish the mocking would engender more self effacing humor. Arrogance is as arrogance does, forget them. Fashion fascists.

As Power PC Mac user's upgrade to the Intel chipset, consider used Mac's with 1Ghz PPC processor and 64 meg video or better, may be functional and on line for a few more years.

If you demand utility and reliable performance AND you are not a slave to pc fashion ---- or pc game playing --- the lower end Mac's could be your brave little toaster .

4too
Nooke
I'm a little twat

Re: Utility Personal Computer

Post by Nooke »

4too wrote:Utility Personal Computer

@ all above ....

Mac's can be good appliance personal computers. Web browser, word processor, graphics manipulator.

The Mac OS X is less infuriating and insultingly dysfunctional than Microsoft perpetual beta-ware.
But the Leopard version of OS 10 may be tripping over the backward compatibility as the majority of Mac hardware moves from PowerPC to multi-core processors. Leopard seems to be Apple's Vista. Lot of angry returns. Worst Mac OS 10 upgrade ever.

Since Mac's have been using USB for year's. any one using a 1 button mouse must like having to make up for the lack
with left hand locked on the key board
or be too short in resources to obtain ANY pc usb throw away mouse.
Can spend more at Mac-Donald's, then for a loss leader mouse.

Since OS10, more game ports are available.
The FO's were ported years back. Not readily available at shelved retail now.

Each user logged in sets up another 10 save places, less hand to hand file swapping when exploring new SPECIAL builds.
Few OS 9 versions of FO. Most likely using OS 10, should be able to use any pc usb mouse.

IF STUCK WITH ONE BUTTON,
why?,
well helpless does not mean hopeless ...
The MacPlay port had a pdf manual with the Mac quick keys,

'm' toggles the mouse pointer on the main map, between the arrow pointer and the ''move here'' hexagon symbol.

The only Mac only key combo is the 'apple' command key and 'p' to pause or hide game to dock.

On the inventory screen you have to work with the option key to toggle from selecting the 'hand' or using the arrow and it's inventory information, handling pulldown.
This may be the key, mouse button coordination you need to 'use' holodisks'. You want the inventory handling pull down, icon menu from the mouse's arrow pointer.

Good luck with that.
Far easier with a two button usb mouse. Any Mac that supports OS 10 should support a usb mouse.
Any Beige Mac that can struggle with OS 10 ? -- well -- if it has a standard pc card slot -- usb / firewire cards exist.

The money thing?

One Mac --- 5 years. Marketing types hate systems that don't die in 15 months.

Part of return of the Mac is the tedious marketing of ipods and other popcorn consumer icons. The fashion regime is at best a parity of itself,
and I wish the mocking would engender more self effacing humor. Arrogance is as arrogance does, forget them. Fashion fascists.

As Power PC Mac user's upgrade to the Intel chipset, consider used Mac's with 1Ghz PPC processor and 64 meg video or better, may be functional and on line for a few more years.

If you demand utility and reliable performance AND you are not a slave to pc fashion ---- or pc game playing --- the lower end Mac's could be your brave little toaster .

4too
You only proved the post above.

"Mac sucks" is much better than a multitude of line filled with meaningless words, because it's a Mac. Kinda an inferior species of electronics. The jew of the computers. The swell guy of the digital age.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

did you even read the post?
you're dumb btw
Nooke
I'm a little twat

Post by Nooke »

No, I didn't. I just saw a lot of text and that's what MAC users do. Talk a lot about shit no one gives a fuck about.
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Yonmanc »

Gimp Mask wrote:
dbrauerei23 wrote:I thought that was the way, but since this is a mac, there's only one mouse button.
LOL PWNED
:lol:
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

are you mocking my inarticulate attempt at "humor" again because i sure as heck don't appreciate it :(

... or do i? :che:
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

No it just made me laugh. It's so harsh :lol:
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

just checking
Our Host!