FO1: Merchants not respawning caps

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
chrionix
SDF!
SDF!

FO1: Merchants not respawning caps

Post by chrionix »

Hey all,

As the subject suggests merchants aren't respawning any caps, which is making it hard for me to buy that combat armor I'm after. The title screen says I'm running version 1.2, not sure if I installed any other patches. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

Cheers

edit: I'm guessing I've actually installed patch 1.3.2 which I think fixes that. If so how do I go about making enough cash to buy something like the combat armor? Or is it just one of those items that can only be purchased once it's become redundant?

Cheers again all
Dreadnought
Devil times three go climb a tree

Post by Dreadnought »

You have to sell your ass to the Khans for a while till they get bored by your gaping bleeding poophole.

PRO TIP: If you play a char that's 16 or 17 years of age you can call the police and get them arrested for pederasty.
���������
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

I can't remember if merchants are supposed to respawn money, but ramble around wasteland and you'll find loot to sell (take it from your enemies' cold dead bodies for instance) or you'll find that bloody armour.

I found combat armour extremely useful and I didn't use any fancy-shmancy patch or cheating tactics to get it. So just play the dam game and eventually you'll get it. On second playthrough you'll be able to get it faster and smarter I s'pose.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Always attack Deathclaws without armor and only a knife. They'll think you're one of their kind and stop fighting. In fact they offer you coffee and cake.
���������
Patrick
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Patrick »

Dreadnought wrote:You have to sell your ass to the Khans for a while till they get bored by your gaping bleeding poophole.

PRO TIP: If you play a char that's 16 or 17 years of age you can call the police and get them arrested for pederasty.
Pro tip: There are no Police in Fallout 1,Only fallout 2 in NCR :no:
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Of course there is police in Fallout 1. Simply call 911 or 000 in the Australian version. Duh...
���������
Patrick
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Patrick »

Dreadnought wrote:Of course there is police in Fallout 1. Simply call 911 or 000 in the Australian version. Duh...
Great scott!

Our Host!