Ultimate Zombie Thread

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.

Favorite Zombie Killing Device?

Shotgun
37%
Samurai Sword
16%
Machete
11%
Baseball Bat
2%
Helicopter Blades
2%
Lawn Mower
13%
Hunting Rifle
10%
Hammer
3%
Hatchet
2%
Croquet Mallet
6%

Total votes: 63

Dreadnought
Devil times three go climb a tree

Post by Dreadnought »

Stainless wrote:Fido was somewhat entertaining. Had a few good laughs, but it was corny as hell. But that may've simply been because of the setting which encouraged it.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Hz2rlszMJc8
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Never been a fan of zombie or splatter movies. It's just not my preference for a setting. I like genuinely bad movies, but all the violence and crappy effects makes it harder to separate what's real and what's faked untalentness.

I'd like to see a zombie movie which would ignore the old, cheap zombie flick routine and take a completely new perspective to zombiety itself. It could be shot through the eyes of a zombie, perhaps. Terry Gilliam should do a zombie movie.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

A zombie movie through the eyes of a zombie would be extremely boring, and as soon as it'd become less boring, it's end, because you/the zombie would die by headshot.
���������
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

VasikkA wrote:I'd like to see a zombie movie which would ignore the old, cheap zombie flick routine and take a completely new perspective to zombiety itself. It could be shot through the eyes of a zombie, perhaps. Terry Gilliam should do a zombie movie.
I just wish the higher-up's would take their heads out of their asses for half a second, and move Zombie flicks from the Horror genre into the Terror genre. That'd be a step back into the right direction, at least. Zombies just aren't "Buh!" :jump forth from behind the bookcase with a knife: material; you can have any number of psychopatic characters doing that, wearing any spooky costume you please -- just leave the zombies out of it.

Secondly, the thing about outbreak movies is that they only have one thing in common: the actual outbreak. Everything else is up to the script writers / directors; I mean, there's as many individual stories out there, as there are individuals. Naturally, the film-industry fuckheads think zombies are in the same category as ghosts, monsters and psycho killers, and so it's all rock'n'roll survival teen horror crapfest. But the potential is limitless.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

WHat other genre would you suggest they place a zombie film? Zombies are pretty scary creatures so the horror genre fits them well I think. That's one reason why I like zombie movies so much, because they mix the horror and post-apoc genres and the gore is just the icing on top.

I kinda see zombie movies in their own genre. They are zombie movies.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

Outbreak, or Terror/ThrillTerror.
Caleb
Strider
Strider

Post by Caleb »

though its cheesy as hell, i found it pretty funny : corpses

pretty sure thats the title...been a few years...
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Caleb wrote:though its cheesy as hell, i found it pretty funny : corpses

pretty sure thats the title...been a few years...
Cheesy as hell..sounds great..added
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Is there any Zombie pr0n?
���������
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Why the hell didn't you add the Evil Dead serie?
sarge112
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by sarge112 »

At least beastube isnt working anymore :sigh of relief:
edhead
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by edhead »

S4ur0n27 wrote:Why the hell didn't you add the Evil Dead serie?
QFE.

While I'm not a fan of zombie movies per se, I really enjoyed the 28 days/weeks series and the new dawn of the dead (haven't seen the original).
Movies with slow zombies are worth watching once, with friends and beer, for laughs. UNDEAD was good for that purpose.

I read about those Brook books, but I have a question that needs to be answered before I decide to read them: how the fuck can a human army lose a field battle against zombies? I mean, a single tank should be all it takes to bring a brazillion of those fuckers down. I'm not even talking about aviation or napalm or a shitload of other weaponry that could be used against zombies. Explain, please.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Well it spread before the military really had a chance to mobilize some war against the zombies. I mean they look like real people from a distance and people were being bitten and carrying it for awhile before turning and then when they turned, the family members still treat them as if they have the flu or something. I don't know. Grab the abridged audiobook of World War Z. It's not too long, and it explains it pretty well, and the voice acting is pretty well done as they have people from all over the world with different accents.

And I guess this isn't really a spoiler: The humans do win. It just takes awhile.
Goretheglowingone
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member
Location: DAC (YEA FUCKERS! WHAT'S IT TO YOU? HUH! HUH! , I Gotta go butt sex a nun now..

Post by Goretheglowingone »

i voted shotgun.. 12 gauge, i love 10 gauge, but due to availability id have to go with 12,
a mossberg with snail clips and a shorty barrel with a bayonet attachment.
EATER OF STUPID CHILDREN
sarge112
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by sarge112 »

Somebody start a robot thread :chew:
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Cimmerian Nights »

St. Toxic wrote:
VasikkA wrote:I'd like to see a zombie movie which would ignore the old, cheap zombie flick routine and take a completely new perspective to zombiety itself. It could be shot through the eyes of a zombie, perhaps. Terry Gilliam should do a zombie movie.
I just wish the higher-up's would take their heads out of their asses for half a second, and move Zombie flicks from the Horror genre into the Terror genre. That'd be a step back into the right direction, at least. Zombies just aren't "Buh!" :jump forth from behind the bookcase with a knife: material; you can have any number of psychopatic characters doing that, wearing any spooky costume you please -- just leave the zombies out of it.
I think that's how the genre got it's start. In NOTLD, it wasn't the zombies that would get you so much as the greed, ego, racism of your fellow man. Pick your pathos. Every Romero movie ends in widespread ennui. Even when faced with destruction, humans would rather get into ego-driven pissing contests, than cooperate for the greater good.

Zombies don't give a shit. They have no ego. They just want to eat brains.

Evil Dead has all the elements of a good zombie movie, except zombies.

How about Bad Taste on that list?
You can't argue with a good blow job -George Carlin
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Bad Taste was more of an alien movie although they were brain-eating aliens...

The only Evil Dead movie I saw was Army of Darkness, but I would definitely not call that a zombie movie. Yes, dead bodies did come back to life but they were not interested in human flesh, they could sword fight with the living, they were only really in the climax of the movie.

Nicolai, if you see this please stop by and recommend some good zombie comics and books, or better yet zombie comicbooks.

I don't know if we have any zombie video game experts but it would help if they chimed in.

I added Evil Dead 1 and 2 but I'm really not sure whether these are actually zombie movies, haven't seen them so I can't really say.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Don't have time for this thread. Suffice to say the things in 28 Days/Weeks Later were not zombies. Aside from that you don't have Diary of the Dead, fucker.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
entertainer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by entertainer »

sarge112 wrote:WHy is this stickied?
WHY are you posting?
Fallout 3 - By Morons, For Morons
Our Host!