128 bits console wars !

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.

What 128 bits console you are going to buy ?

Nintendo Gamecube
33%
Xbox
25%
Playstation 2
42%

Total votes: 12

TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

Doyle wrote:I thought Gearbox was bringing Halo over to the PC.
No, it was going to be Gearbox, but they pulled out and Remedy stepped in.
Pudding Master wrote:the color of the gamecube also matters? its, uh, blue i suppose... look blue... the controller, one is blue, the other is black
I was just curious. Same as mine, I wanted a black one with a black controller but had to settle with blue. I bought a black controller to play Super Smash Bros Melee with.
the guardian
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by the guardian »

pudding master?
Hello New Jersey
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

Yep, that's you.
God of Pudding wrote:pudding master?
See? I can change your title in the quote references :D
the guardian
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by the guardian »

so does that mean that everytime i quote say... hammer, i can name him jojo instead?
Hello New Jersey
Dark Xenomorph

Post by Dark Xenomorph »

TheReaper wrote:
Pyro: Unreal Warfare is what the X-box is getting
No, that's Unreal Championship, a cheap rip off of UT 2003

Unreal Warfare is going to be a huge game. Doom 3 huge. The engine for one is a big reason. I have no links cause its so closely guarded. I think it was showned at E3 a couple of years back and i havent heard anything since.

How can anyone who is a fan of Deus Ex not run out and buy that game? I want to know more about Alex Denton!
Subhuman
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Subhuman »

I'm going to buy a PS2. Yeah, I know the Xbox is more powerful, and the Gamecube has...well, Resident Evil. But right now, the PS2 has more (and better) games than the Xbox. Plus, it's backwards compatible. I love the Xbox and all, but my money would be better spent on the PS2.
Dark Xenomorph

Post by Dark Xenomorph »

I said it once and im going to say it again. PC gaming is a hella better than a console! ( PS 2 is the best one if i had to choose a fav )
the guardian
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by the guardian »

Dark Xenomorph wrote:I said it once and im going to say it again. PC gaming is a hella better than a console! ( PS 2 is the best one if i had to choose a fav )
says you, yes

i like consoles more then computers
Hello New Jersey
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Well, I don't :mrgreen:

And that's all that matters. Isn't it, isn't it? :wink:
Bishop
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Bishop »

PS2 because it got some nice games and it's cheap.
To the soul's desire
the body listens
What the flesh requires
keeps the heart imprisoned
What the spirit seeks the mind will follow
When the body speaks all else is hollow
Haplo

Post by Haplo »

PS2. It will play all my oldschool PS1 games, and that's super important to me...
Jack_Deth
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Jack_Deth »

I hadn't bought a console since the Playstation 1 but I got a Gamecube when it came out and I really like it, I always thought games like Super Smash Bro's were to "childish" but they really aren't and are just great to play with lots of people. I also like Madden of course, but you can get that for all systems. Resident Evil is also great and I am waiting for Mortal Kombat (5).
Dark Xenomorph

Post by Dark Xenomorph »

Haplo wrote:PS2. It will play all my oldschool PS1 games, and that's super important to me...
Arc the lad collection! those is the longest console rpgs i have ever played. One of them are 150 hours man! only for ps
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

Dark Xenomorph wrote:I said it once and im going to say it again. PC gaming is a hella better than a console!
People are entitled to their own opinions and all, but you know, that statement is as stupid as some console person saying vice versa about PC gaming. :D

Every system has its shitty games, and they all have their great games. I can't see how one is better because it is played on a CRT monitor, and the other is crap because it is played on a TV screen with a gamepad. :? If you would like to convince me why that is so, DX, you would be more than welcome to.

I have a PS1, but I hardly ever played or got any games for it. Bleh. I would get some of the RPG's for it, but they look to "anime-ish" for my dumbass parents, and I have not had the opportunity to get one behind their backs. :x
fuck
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

pooch wrote:so does that mean that everytime i quote say... hammer, i can name him jojo instead?
Yep, anything you want to call him.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Although I only play with a PC I try to be open-minded to consoles. I'd buy an Xbox, best hardware closer to PCs than other consoles and a few kick-ass games. The downside is, not many games are released to Xbox and many of them few are released for PC anyway. But what would I do with the amount of crap released for PS2? So Xbox it is. GC doesn't have many games I'd like to play. No Pikmin and Marios for me. Resident Evil is for GC, right? Oh well, a small loss.

I'd invest the money needed to buy a console to my PC anyway...
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

At the moment, getting an X-box is, IMO, completly pointless. The controllers hurt if you use them for more than 5 minutes. There is only one good game that isn't coming to the PC (Hunter). The internet connection depends on having a PC with ADSL connection. As the X-box has to link to it. The PS2 is a bit hard to choose with all the games. I prefer the Gamecube simply because it is been what games were meant to be. Fun, I want a game to be fun to play, not the most realistic game ever or the most complex. All of that means complete shit if the game isn't fun. The GC is like all nintendo consoles, fun, that is why it is so popular.

[/end furious rant mode]
Doyle
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Doyle »

Damn straight. It's a shame that so many people think a game needs tits and blood to be fun.
Subhuman

Post by Subhuman »

I don't know. I like me some Xbox, but there just aren't as many games for it as the PS2. And the only Gamecube title that I care about is Resident Evil. Everything else is just too kiddy--Luigi this, Smash Brothers that. Now if you had Luigi shooting up Kirby, or Zelda decapitating Pikachu, THEN you'd have a party. 8)
Doyle
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Doyle »

Just out of curiousity, how old are you, Voodoo?
Our Host!