128 bits console wars !

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.

What 128 bits console you are going to buy ?

Nintendo Gamecube
33%
Xbox
25%
Playstation 2
42%

Total votes: 12

Davide
Regular
Regular

128 bits console wars !

Post by Davide »

Nintendo's Gamecube , Sony's Playstation 2 and Microsoft's Xbox , what's of them is your chosen one ?
PAPA ROACH IS X YOU ARE ALL Y
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

I already own a PS2 and Gamecube. I don't really want to spend money on the X-box as there is only one game I like the look of for it. Bit of a waste of a few hundred pounds for one game.
Davide
Regular
Regular

Post by Davide »

I like nintendo games , but the new zelda its so ridicoulus..
Doyle
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Doyle »

p2s si teh r0x0r!!!1 This is a pointless topic. It's pretty obvious to anyone that has ever seen recent sales data for America or Japan that the majority of gamers have or will select the PS2 over the other two consoles. The PS2 regularly sells around 40k-50k per week, while the next closest competitor, the GBA, generally sells around 30k-40k. Neither of the other home consoles sell anywhere close to the PS2's number.
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

Davide wrote:I like nintendo games , but the new zelda its so ridicoulus..
Why? Because it's cell-shaded? It's something that has never been attempted before. The makers used it because it is far easier to make complex animations with it. Plus it looks good. Don't judge a game by it's graphics. In fact, sometimes if the graphics have suffered, that means that the makers have spent extra time in things that actually matter like story and gameplay.
Doyle
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Doyle »

I'm sure the game will still be fun, but I still hate those fucking cel-shaded graphics. I really enjoyed the graphical style of OoT and MM, and I was hoping to look forward to another game in the same style.
Davide
Regular
Regular

Post by Davide »

I liked the cell shaded graphics i didn't liked the main story ! "save your sis from a giant bird that abducted her " were's zelda ! and Link never hved a sister before ! [/quote]
Dark Xenomorph

Post by Dark Xenomorph »

In my opinion, all Consoles sux. PC gaming will live on forever :D
This is Gonna Hurt
Respected
Respected

Post by This is Gonna Hurt »

Gamecube. Smash Bros. Melee means there is no other choice.

Besides, Resident evil is friggin' sweet.

My roommate has a PS2, and I have played a few games on it (mostly FFX, DOA2 and Jedi Starfighter). FFX was over WAY too fast, and the bulk of my gametime was spent in cinemas, not playing. DOA2 is fun, but only as a multiplayer experience. The single player mode is just not good. As for Jedi Starfighter...for a console flight game (meaning the controls are iffy at best) it was alright, but a lot of the textures looked simply horrible. 8-bit pixelated screens have no place on a brand new game advertising good graphics as a selling point.

Don't even talk to me about Xbox...more expensive, less pretty, and a more annoying controller than either other system.
I'm not evil, I just like making things explode

"...It IS hard to speak with six inches of knife sticking out of your face. They mostly just gurgle. And bleed." Black Mage
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

Doyle wrote:p2s si teh r0x0r!!!1 This is a pointless topic. It's pretty obvious to anyone that has ever seen recent sales data for America or Japan that the majority of gamers have or will select the PS2 over the other two consoles.
Funny, I don't recall this being a topic about which console will sell the most units. :roll:

I am saving for a new PC later this year, but if I had to pick one, it would be the Gamecube, for reasons already stated. I will be getting one next year, at the latest. Plenty of good games, cheap price, what more could you ask for? :D
fuck
Doyle
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Doyle »

What 128 bits console you are going to buy ?
Slave_Master wrote:Funny, I don't recall this being a topic about which console will sell the most units. :roll:
It's not? That seems to be the point to me. :roll: <-- Look, I can add the rolling eyes, too!
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

So I should buy a console just because the majority of people are buying it? Wow. :D
fuck
Doyle
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Doyle »

Please stop putting words into my mouth. :roll: <-- Look, sarcastic rolling eyes, again!
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Dark Xenomorph wrote:In my opinion, all Consoles sux. PC gaming will live on forever :D
Amen, brother!
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

Doyle wrote:Please stop putting words into my mouth. :roll: <-- Look, sarcastic rolling eyes, again!
Uhm... than how is "Which console are you going to buy?" the same as talking about the best selling console? :?
fuck
Doyle
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Doyle »

Well, it's a finer difference than you may think. If the PS2 sells about 50k per week in Japan and America each, then you're looking at 400k per month for those two markets alone. Globally, the PS2 is selling about 500k units every month. I doubt that Cube and Box sales combined are even half of that. Therefore, the majority of gamers that plan on buying a console are going to go with the PS2. Can you follow all of that?

Although I don't really see what any of it has to do with you putting words in my mouth.
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

The topic was asking what console/s people, personally, were planning on buying. Unless you want to predict the outcome using sales statistics, which is fine, the fact that the PS2 is selling 50K units a week in Japan has no bearing on this thread.
fuck
Doyle
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Doyle »

Slave_Master wrote: Unless you want to predict the outcome using sales statistics, which is fine,
Is that not exactly what I just did?
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

Not quite. "p2s si teh r0x0r!!!1 This is a pointless topic. It's pretty obvious to anyone that has ever seen recent sales data for America or Japan that the majority of gamers have or will select the PS2 over the other two consoles." isn't exactly the same as saying that based on sales, roughly two out of three people who will reply will pick PS2.

Not that it matters. I really don't care to get into an arguement over semantics at two in the morning. :D
fuck
Doyle
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Doyle »

Whatever. You're the one that started it in the first place.
Our Host!