Eye-color.

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.

What color are your eyes?

Blue
39%
Brown
37%
Green
13%
Hazel
11%

Total votes: 38

Lynxer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Eye-color.

Post by Lynxer »

Something entirely of course. Somehow eye-color statistics have started to fascinate me lately.

Did u for instance know blue eyes see better in dim lighted areas than brown eyes do whereas brown eyes tend to suffer less penalties when exposed to intense sunlight.

Another fact, coincidence or not, is that the abundance of Nobel-price winners had brown eyes.

Brown eyed people are less likely to suffer hearing loss due to exposure to high-decibel sound.

Statistically brown eyed people perform better in "split-second" sports such as baseball and Boxing whereas blue-eyed people excel in "self-pacing" sports like golf and bowling.

Brown eyed people's genetics features a relatively low level of vitamins and minerals. Due to this 'shortage' they are in need of more vitamins and minerals in their diet then blue eyed people.
Blue eyed people on the other hand tend to have throat and breathing problems at young age more often.

Statistically brown eyed people tend to have better reflexes then people with blue eyes do. In general the rule is, the darker the iris, the better the reflexes of that person are.

This is just a short insight of the vast number of differences that have been noted between people judged by the color of their eyes.

I have deep brown eyes myself though i am white, which is rather unusual.
Sometimes an atomic weapon is just an atomic weapon, ja?
boywoos
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by boywoos »

Statistics can be very misleading. The probable reasons for the higher incidence of brown eyed people performing better is that there are simply many more people with brown eyes. It is the dominant [genetically] eye colour.

Brown>Blue>Green

Interesting thing about the night vision though.
Lynxer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Lynxer »

True, but the statistics are based on test-results in which each of the colors was equally represented.

The majority of 'negatives' scores when testing reflexes where those of blue eyed participants. Out of a group of for instance 100 people of which 50 had blue eyes a larger percentage (50+) of negative scores was represented by blue eyed candidates.

A little sidenote.
Did u know greeneyes are in fact blue eyes whit yellow particles added to it which produces the green glaze. They arent all-over green the way brown eyes are brown and blue ones are blue.

Green emerges where brown meets blue. Its why green eyes arent an unseen phenomenon in the south of America and Asia, unlike blue.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

I have blue-green-gray-weirdo eyes.
Lynxer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Lynxer »

Hazel probably. Hard to specify usually is defined "hazel".
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Green-Brown mix. More green, though.
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

My eyes fit into all the catagories. The iris has a blue rim, a green middle and a brown inner. Not a combination, nor is it Hazel. Just all three colors in different places around the eye.
Jack_Deth
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Jack_Deth »

Green-blue mix
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Hehehe, the results of the poll have prooved true my genetic lessons in school :wink:
Bulldog
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Bulldog »

Girls with green eyes are money
Lynxer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Lynxer »

Kashluk wrote:Hehehe, the results of the poll have prooved true my genetic lessons in school :wink:
U mean brown eyes being most numerous?
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Yes... Because we were taught that the gene that causes the offspring to have brown eyes is the strongest and beats down all other genes in one-on-one chromosome combat when the child is formed.

So that's why most of the people have brown eyes.
Lynxer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Lynxer »

Yea, the brown gene is dominant over blue, blue is dominant over green.
This doesnt mean its impossible for 2 brown eyed parents to raise a blue eyed offspring.

My uncle and aunt for instance both have brown eyes though 2 out of their 3fold offspring have BLUE eyes. This was basically a roll of the dice with a 25% chance of succes.

Both carry the blue gen as either one of both parents has blue eyes.

Genetics....the beauty of oddity.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Yup, that's true!

My mother for example has blue eyes... Though both of her parents have brown eyes and my uncle and aunt have them as well.

That's why I appriciate the work the genetic engineers have been doing... It must be frustrating to roll the dices all the time :D
DeepOmega
Regular
Regular

Post by DeepOmega »

Botanists, man... The spend years just breeding and killing plants, keeping the ones they like and getting rid of the ones they don't. No different from modern genetic engineering, only it doesn't piss off as many people.

Oh, and I have brown eyes. But not many people I know have brown eyes.... I am a unique and beautiful snowflake. :D
Peace and much love...
Dark Xenomorph

Post by Dark Xenomorph »

Blue eyes=me=kickass!
Lynxer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Lynxer »

Brown eyes among whites are near to as common as blue eyes are. Brown eyes in a white system are concidered widely to be a contamination as it dominates the blue gene and with it lessens the number of blue eyed whites.

Most likely brown eyes among whites are the result of mating with members of the yellow or black race in a far away past. Seems one of my forbears has dipped his pencil in a pot of ink.

Personally i think its more likely my WHITE ancestors who descended from the Kaukasus as that is where the white race originates from, met YELLOW offspring which settled here thousands of years before the whites arrived. They bred a new unit to enter the white race, one with physical charasteristics of both parties, and brown eyes.

These members of the yellow race had embraced the brown gene as theirs and thus had brown eyes. Years of isolation must have altered their physical appearance as i in no way resemble yellow blood.

In short i believe blue eyed whites met brown eyed 'whites', leading to multi-color irises among the white race.
Haplo

Post by Haplo »

Steel-blue...

And I have excellent reaction time...
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

Yeah, I have excellent reflexes. I don't think it has anything to do with the colour of your eyes. Just like your taste in food isn't affected by your hair colour.
Haplo

Post by Haplo »

*Looks up from a bowl of Tuna Over Rice, with Inferno Chili (patent pending) in another bowl and a cup of Mountain Lightning in hand...

Eh? I have this really thick black/brown hair, and when I let it grow out I look like I have an afro... :lol:

I keep mine short just for ease of maintainence...
Our Host!