Only people who beat Deus Ex.

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.

What ending did you choose?

the illuminati ending
No votes
Heilos merging ending
82%
Blow up A51 ending
18%

Total votes: 11

Dark Xenomorph

Only people who beat Deus Ex.

Post by Dark Xenomorph »

What ending did you choose first time around? I chose the Heilos ending. I really wanted to rule the world by myself.
BigJack
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by BigJack »

I only wanted to the world to be ruled well, so why not merge my brain with some AI? :D

I tried all the endings and, personally, i prefer the AI merging, seems right...
"When Angels deserve to die." - SoaD (System of a Down)

A Member Of The Knight Organization
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

I've done them all and I blew up area 51 first. Hehe, BOOM!

Yeah, the merge one was definately the best ending. What I really wanted to do was to shoot Bob Page through the head with my stealth pistol!
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

I also merged with the AI the first time around - seemed better than that n00b Everett, and I wasn't about to send the world into another dark age! :D
TheReaper wrote:What I really wanted to do was to shoot Bob Page through the head with my stealth pistol!
Bah, I wanted to shoot him in the eye with my maxed-out sniper rifle! :twisted:
Closing our eyes forces us to look
At the darkness inside.
Our emotions always find us
Regardless of where we hide.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
http://mvmaphub.duckandcover.cx <--- Updated July 10th, 2006
BigJack
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by BigJack »

I too wanted to do that, but crushing his dreams was a cool option either.
And Reaper try to use the normal pistol and screw the stealth one, the stealth pistol lacks damage, while you can kill MJ12 troopers with 2 torso shots with the normal gun... Try it... :wink:

Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

HELIOS ENDING - the good way

ILLUMINATI (EVERETT) ENDING - the evil way

AREA 51 EXPLOSION - the chaotic / neutral way

And as a goody-goody dude I chose the Helios merging. Oh, poor boy scout me, oh my.
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

Sod the sniper rifle and the stealth pistol. Where's my GEP gun?

BJ, I always got headshots with the stealth pistol and had my base accuracy at 100% so I did one hit kills every time.
BigJack
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by BigJack »

But you can still try use it at the beginning while you haven't the gun and yourself maxed out... GEP gun is great but only against robots, at least I don't use it on humans. :roll:

TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

BigJack wrote:GEP gun is great but only against robots, at least I don't use it on humans. :roll:
You don't? Why? It's a great way to kill those damn UNATCO and MJ12 s**theads. The dragon tooth sword was cool as well. I prefer killing people in the messiest way possible.

BTW; have any of you been able to save Jock from blowing up? I have :mrgreen:
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

I usually take out single robots with the speed augmentation and the Dragon's Tooth. And GEP's against mechas & augmentated dudes. It offers a one shot - one kill advantage in the Boss fights :wink:

and to REAPER:

Keeping Jock from blowing into tiny bits is not even hard! :?
Last edited by Kashluk on Wed Jul 24, 2002 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
BigJack
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by BigJack »

TheReaper wrote:
BigJack wrote:GEP gun is great but only against robots, at least I don't use it on humans. :roll:
You don't? Why? It's a great way to kill those damn UNATCO and MJ12 s**theads. The dragon tooth sword was cool as well. I prefer killing people in the messiest way possible.

BTW; have any of you been able to save Jock from blowing up? I have :mrgreen:
I use the best way to kill them and the steath way, i mean you get in an enemy base and start shooting rockets for everyone to come?

And Jock, i never blew him up, i accidently found the way the first time i played... Guess paranoia isn't only a real life thing. :? It ended up to be good thought :roll: .

TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

Kashluk wrote:Keeping Jock from blowing into tiny bits is not even hard! :?
I know, it's just a bit kryptik to have to do the thing you need to. I'm in kryptik mode and 'k' mode now.
BigJack
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by BigJack »

What the hell is this kriptic thing you're talking about?

Ixian
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Ixian »

The Helios ending....allthough all 3 were fun to watch, hehe.
Yeah, sure; whatever comforts you.
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

BigJack wrote:What the hell is this kriptic thing you're talking about?
Cryptic. It's basically making even the most simple answer seem difficult to comprehend by adding big words that mean the same thing.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

By the way, there are other fun things to do in Everett's mansion besides just the bomb disarming thingy...

There's the second Daedalus Everett's been working on, a nice piece of AI that has some nice dialogue. Knows *too* much about JCDenton.

Plus there's another basement with the Illuminati's former leader - frozen. He's so old that he's barely alive... and actually wouldn't be even that if you pull the plug ;) And trust me, after series of conversation it's the best thing to do!
BigJack
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by BigJack »

Kashluk wrote:By the way, there are other fun things to do in Everett's mansion besides just the bomb disarming thingy...

There's the second Daedalus Everett's been working on, a nice piece of AI that has some nice dialogue. Knows *too* much about JCDenton.

Plus there's another basement with the Illuminati's former leader - frozen. He's so old that he's barely alive... and actually wouldn't be even that if you pull the plug ;) And trust me, after series of conversation it's the best thing to do!
I like to talk to the AI, he's smart, i wonder why. :roll:

And the frozen guy, i always put an end to his suffering...

Oh and Reaper what the hell does that Cryptic thing has to do with saving Jock? :?

Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

The one thing I never managed to do (other than save Paul Denton - is that even possible?) was to find the "false floor" in Alex Jacobson's office. I swear, I looked and looked, but never found. I read on GameFAQs.com that it's "near his computer," but he has 2 computers in his office (the one you can use and the one he sits in front of). Dunno.

I didn't save Jock the first time through, but I did the second time. Too bad he never says/does anything when you're in Area 51, else saving him might actually mean something. Same with The Smuggler.
Closing our eyes forces us to look
At the darkness inside.
Our emotions always find us
Regardless of where we hide.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
http://mvmaphub.duckandcover.cx <--- Updated July 10th, 2006
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

Max-Violence wrote:The one thing I never managed to do (other than save Paul Denton - is that even possible?)
It is possible. What you have to do is when UNATCO attack Paul in his apartment, you have to fight your way to the front door. Paul will follow you and will be alive. Since he cannot die from being shot at all.

BJ, being cryptic has nothing to do with saving Jock. I just said that at the time of that post I was being very cryptic.
BlackDog
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by BlackDog »

I enjoyed blowing up Anna Navarre in the airplane. I used the strength mod and put the explosive barrels from the bottom of the plane just inside the door to Lebedevs room in the plane. As soon as she opened them...BEWM! Bye bye anna....and I did that my first time thru as well. Saved Paul too. But blowing up Anna Navarre. Wheee! Mwuhahahahha! :evil:
Our Host!