Only people who beat Deus Ex.

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.

What ending did you choose?

the illuminati ending
No votes
Heilos merging ending
82%
Blow up A51 ending
18%

Total votes: 11

TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

I killed her later after you get imprisoned. I found her killphrase and used it. As well as Gunther's.
DeepOmega
Regular
Regular

Post by DeepOmega »

I never used Navarre's killphrase... First time through, I slaughtered the bitch in the subway station at battery park... Last time I played, a few days ago, I managed to blow her up on Lebedev's plane (using only LAMs... Took many many many tries to not kill myself or Lebedev) And that AI in Everett's place is sweet. Morpheus wins. I love that game, tho. Can't wait for the sequel. *droooooool* It'll be worth buying just for the lighting engine (and the blackmarket augs. I for one cannot wait to be able to consume corpses and regain health)
Peace and much love...
Dark Xenomorph

Post by Dark Xenomorph »

Master rifle skill and silenced Assult Rifle, kick ass!
DeepOmega
Regular
Regular

Post by DeepOmega »

Assault Rifle used too much ammo.... I preferred to snipe and Assault Shotgun the fucks. Altho, the AR was good for the HE rounds..... More powerful than a LAM! 8O
Peace and much love...
Thrillkill
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Thrillkill »

i saved the game and did all 3 endings
Dark Xenomorph

Post by Dark Xenomorph »

There should have been a really evil choice like joining Bob Page. That would be fun to me.
DeepOmega
Regular
Regular

Post by DeepOmega »

For a while, there was a mod in development with that option (and you could stay with UNATCO, play as a woman, etc...) Basically, it was SUPER Deus Ex, with real decision making allowed. Kickass...
Peace and much love...
Bishop
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Bishop »

Merge. That's the intended theme of the game and the best ending.
To the soul's desire
the body listens
What the flesh requires
keeps the heart imprisoned
What the spirit seeks the mind will follow
When the body speaks all else is hollow
Bishop
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Bishop »

DeepOmega wrote:For a while, there was a mod in development with that option (and you could stay with UNATCO, play as a woman, etc...) Basically, it was SUPER Deus Ex, with real decision making allowed. Kickass...
Link please.
To the soul's desire
the body listens
What the flesh requires
keeps the heart imprisoned
What the spirit seeks the mind will follow
When the body speaks all else is hollow
Section8
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Post by Section8 »

I did one, then quickloaded, did the other, quickloaded and then the other. Way to make the whole game meaningful...
--
Only a real artist knows the actual anatomy of the terrible, or the physiology of fear - the exact sort of lines and proportions that connect up with latent instincts or heriditary memories of fright, and the proper colour contrasts and lighting effects to stir the dormant sense of strangeness.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I blew myself up and killed everything.

I liked throwing knives best, and my modifyed pistol. I killed all the rebels and stuff, then I had to join them? Why? Urgh. And I kept getting lost in the french sewers.
Dark Xenomorph

Post by Dark Xenomorph »

There wasnt alot of opportunities for being evil in DeX was there? I wanted to stay with UNATCO, i didnt believe Paul at all! It was very ambitious but it was a flawed success to me.
Darwin_187
Respected
Respected

Post by Darwin_187 »

Anything but the plasma cannon and the dragons tooth combo = teh pussy. Try getting through the whole second half of the game with only a few plasma rounds and that crazy-ass sword (though, I did use a few grenades... mostly aginst the sentry bots).

Still..... you all suck.

Man, that's the last time I use altavista to search for pictures... yow.

at least the cow has a hobby though.....
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

First time I went through I merged with Helios. Meh, I wish you could have joined Bob Page.

Oh, and Bishop, for that mod, look around on a site like Planet DeusEx or something. I know that there at least was a mod in development like that. But I am at a loss of knowing whether or not it ever saw the light of day. :?
fuck
BigJack
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by BigJack »

TheReaper wrote:I killed her later after you get imprisoned. I found her killphrase and used it. As well as Gunther's.
I've never found Gunther's killphrase TELL ME PLEASE 8O !!!
"When Angels deserve to die." - SoaD (System of a Down)

A Member Of The Knight Organization
DeepOmega
Regular
Regular

Post by DeepOmega »

Bishop: That mod died... :( No more website. There is the Deus Ex Prequel, tho, which could be sweet. And there's a plethora of dead mods (including several I coded for...)

BJ: Tell Jaime to stay at UNATCO when you meet him while escaping from the MJ12 base. You'll meet him later, and he'll tell you Gunther's killphrase.
Peace and much love...
BigJack
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by BigJack »

DeepOmega wrote:BJ: Tell Jaime to stay at UNATCO when you meet him while escaping from the MJ12 base. You'll meet him later, and he'll tell you Gunther's killphrase.
That was new, thanks !!!
"When Angels deserve to die." - SoaD (System of a Down)

A Member Of The Knight Organization
Jack_Deth
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Jack_Deth »

I belive the helios merging with JC ending is the one that the 2nd game will follow, but it didn't work out exactly...
Dark Xenomorph

Post by Dark Xenomorph »

Remember in the beginning of the final map in A51, there were lots of genetic soldiers in those tubes? In DeX, JC Denton was one of those experiments and you find out that along with Paul, you also had a engineered "brother" named Alex Denton, the protagonist for DeX2
-=Felix=-
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by -=Felix=- »

I dunno, when I played... the only things I killed were the bots and the MJ-12 commando guys, who I viewed as more mechanical than human...

The rest of the time I used tranq darts, the cattle prod and m' trusty baton to make people meld to my desires. Hell, I even kept Paul alive...

Not that being non-violent gave any benefits though.
Our Host!