I COMPLETED TEH GAEM1!1111

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.

Well?

Good
19%
Real Good! Like I can fly man! w000!
29%
Nothing, it's only a game.
10%
Empty
10%
Sad. It's all over! FUCK!
14%
Other...
19%

Total votes: 21

Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

I COMPLETED TEH GAEM1!1111

Post by Megatron »

How do you feel when you complete a video-game?
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

Depends on a few things actually. Mainly the ending. Sometimes I'm glad that it's finished. But sometimes I get this strange feeling in my stomach, an empty feeling as if it doesn't have a real ending as such.
Ghetto Goose
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Ghetto Goose »

I feel exited, but also kinda sad that its all over.

Luckiliy with the Fallout series, you can play it over and find stuff and do stuff you didnt notice/couldnt do before.
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

Then again, I get that feeling in my stomach when I watch some films.
Forty-six & Two
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Yea

Post by Forty-six & Two »

When I finished Planescape: Torment the first time, I was sad. No more nameless one... :( Although it was a fitting ending.... well anyway you finish it. Didnt feel empty or like something was missing though. Generally its ok if the ending is well done, although it makes me sad. Yea. :)
Bulldog
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Bulldog »

Comedy 4th blackballed writer taking a stand option. (the poll you fool)
the guardian
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by the guardian »

finishing games feels great

and thats about it....
Hello New Jersey
Dark Xenomorph

Post by Dark Xenomorph »

For me, it's all about the story. If i complete a game like Deus Ex or Metal Gear Solid, I feel great cause i loved the characters and stuff. But i am really pissed when a game u look forward too has a crap ending then i am Xen furious. A perfect example is Perfect Dark for N64 ( mediocre console game on a crap console nowdays ) and Wolfenstein (crap endings but great fun levels!). Nowdays, games shouldnt depend on graphically power, i want a kick ass story. Cna i still back order PS:T?
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

Last edited by Slave_Master on Thu Jan 30, 2003 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
fuck
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

I usually get a good feeling when I finish a game. Kinda makes me proud. Some games have stupid endings, this causes mixed emotions if the game was good. It really depends on many things, like the end movie, so I voted for Other...
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I feel empty. Sometimes I feel good, but still empty.

It pisses me off having the computer like in the dining room, because EVERY single time I finish a game, someone is pestering me.
Dark Xenomorph

Post by Dark Xenomorph »

Same with me. My sister keeps on coming up behind me and just stares at the screen.
Jack_Deth
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Jack_Deth »

It depends, if it is a short game like Resident Evil, Max Payne, or Deus Ex... I had spent that 10 or so hours straight and it ended rather quickly.

Its funny, I tend to like shorter games stories better then longer ones, but I want those shorter games to be longer, a dilemna indeed.
rambo
SDF!
SDF!

Post by rambo »

i felt empty after i had finshed MOHAA
if you wanna shoot. shoot! dont talk!!!

BigJack
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by BigJack »

I can fly baby, yeah !!!

Seriously, it mostly depends on the game replayability and ending changes, story/difficulty/andsuch is second... When i finished Resident Evil 3 after 7:39 hours i felt great and proud of myself 'cause the game wasn't easy (namely the puzzles and the Nemesis), felt that way for Deus Ex too especially 'cause the game was hard as hell and i got to choose how did i save the world (yes i tought it was hard in easy mode but then i started one in realistic for a real challenge, and passed it too).
Now after beating Red Faction or Gunman Chronicles in two days for a lousy ending and no replayability sucked big time... Well i LOVED the Red FAction's ending on one thing, when i killed the "boss" i thought "Ok now it's over, wow how original..." then surprize !!! I got only 30 secs to disarm a bomb !!! I lost the first time, then i reloaded and tried again BUT i did what i love to do in games, try to put myself IN the game, heh i won by luck and nearly had a heart attack :wink: but i loved it, it was the first game where i get to disarm a bomb at the end. In Gunman Chronicles you don't even fight the last boss you only get to kill small xenomes that die with 2 lousy gunshots...
As for Deus Ex, for me, it's the best game around. It has replayability(althought some parts that i hate have to be replayed...), you can change your style of playing, and you can change the whole story !!! (i.e. Killing Lebedev or Anne Navarre, your choice... I stunned Lebedev and Killed Navarre on my last game.)

Wow i did quite a speech. Guess i know where to work, a computer game magazine writting game reviews... Anyone recruiting? :D Good thing i sumarized the thing or i would be writting all night long... :roll:
"When Angels deserve to die." - SoaD (System of a Down)

A Member Of The Knight Organization
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

rambo wrote:i felt empty after i had finshed MOHAA
Same here. I'm trying to get the medals for missions 5 and 6 just to keep the emptiness away.
rambo
SDF!
SDF!

Post by rambo »

i got all of them.....

well the last two i got from using cheat cods
if you wanna shoot. shoot! dont talk!!!

TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

Ah, I can understand why. Those are hard. Keeping all your men alive on mission 5 and having at least 5 men survive on mission 6 with the everlasting snipers.
BlackDog
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by BlackDog »

Jack_Deth wrote:It depends, if it is a short game like Resident Evil, Max Payne, or Deus Ex... I had spent that 10 or so hours straight and it ended rather quickly.

Its funny, I tend to like shorter games stories better then longer ones, but I want those shorter games to be longer, a dilemna indeed.
Deus Ex wasn't short...if thats the case, then Half-Life must have been short for you too. Guess you didn't do enough exploring in Deus Ex.

For me - when I finish a game, the feeling is usually good and of accomplishment. Although some games, like somebody mentioned, I'm sad they are over and sometimes I want more. Even doubly sad when they never get another sequel - sort of like The Journeyman Project Series. :cry:
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

dinoX wrote:Deus Ex wasn't short...if thats the case, then Half-Life must have been short for you too. Guess you didn't do enough exploring in Deus Ex.
Deus Ex was long but Half-life was short. As were all the add-ons. Especially Blue Shift. I have no idea what the longest game is that I have played but there are a few long ones. Blade Runner, NWN, FO2, Clive Barker's Undying.
Our Host!