Spectacles

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.

Wear glasses?

Yep, all the time
48%
No, but I should...
22%
No, and I don't need to! Eyes like a hawk, baby!
26%
Only to read
4%

Total votes: 27

BlackDog
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by BlackDog »

i'm supposed to have some I believe...but I'm too lazy to drive out to the optomotrist to get an eye exam...course, my car is crap right now till I get my new one, so I really can't get out anywhere but work. :(
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

By the way, dinox... I have a theme song for your clan, tBOS, you know!

It's quite short, but has the following lyrics:

"If I should fall in battle my brothers who fight by my side
gather my horse and weapons tell my family how I died
until then I will be strong I will fight for all that is real
All who stand in my way will die by steel"

Are you interested? :?
the guardian
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by the guardian »

the guardian wear glasses

im kinda like a dog... half blind, but my smell and hearing senses cover that up :roll:
Hello New Jersey
Crud
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Crud »

No option on the poll or me... I tend to wear contacts for a week or two and then I wear my glasses for about a week.

As for the laser surgeries... I know the old way wasn't very good and didn't last... but supposedly the new way they do it is much better... but no, they don't know about long term effects yet...
Bishop
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Bishop »

Hm...seems to me almost all who reply to this thread wear glasses. Seriously, anyone who DON'T wear them?

Also, laser treatment, they may have new way of doing it, but you know new things are never perfect. I'll say - wait.
To the soul's desire
the body listens
What the flesh requires
keeps the heart imprisoned
What the spirit seeks the mind will follow
When the body speaks all else is hollow
Bulldog
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Bulldog »

Bishop wrote:Hm...seems to me almost all who reply to this thread wear glasses. Seriously, anyone who DON'T wear them?
Right here, eyes like a hawk.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Should chicks wear glasses? I think it's rather ugly, but I wont say that to them.
Haplo

Post by Haplo »

I don't know, some look damn good in them...
DeepOmega
Regular
Regular

Post by DeepOmega »

I wear glasses, but not for long. Soon's I get my new pair, I'll be able to just... not wear them. Apparently, my vision is now officially good enough that I don't need to wear them all the time, only when I want to. :D

As for the women... Yah, I'm with Haplo. Some can pull it off and look damn good.
Peace and much love...
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Vote: Yep, all the time.

That's actually not quite right, but close enough right now. I usually wear contacts, but I've been out of disposables for about six months now so I wear glasses all of the time.

Speaking of which, I really need to get to the optometrist. I've been saying that for months, but I'm starting to get headaches when I map...

GG: I know what you mean about sleeping w/contacts. I don't do it, mainly because I wake up feeling tired, and since I also live in a very dry climate my eyes are often just about glued shut. 8O

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Haplo

Post by Haplo »

I've worn glasses since 6th grade...but I will never wear contacts. I won't stick something in my eye, no way.
Kotario
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Kotario »

I agree with Haplo, even to the school year I received my glasses. No one in my family has worn contacts for more than a week, since we can't abide the feeling of sticking something into our eyes.

I'm not going to get laser eye treatment, even though it has gotten rather cheap recently. I have a naturally menacing features. With glasses, I look intellectually evil, without, I look like a thug. Since features count for more than many would like to believe, I'll keep the glasses for now.
"It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow." - Robert Goddard
the guardian
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by the guardian »

i like glasses... cant see myself putting contacts...

and eye surgery has some chances of acully decreasing the eyesight ability.... i dont wana risk it
Hello New Jersey
Ghetto Goose
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Ghetto Goose »

i saw this Ripley's Believe it or Not about this guy that had a camera eye thing put it, and now he sees like an eagle.
Constipated BladeRunner
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Constipated BladeRunner »

OnTheBounce wrote:Vote: Yep, all the time.

That's actually not quite right, but close enough right now. I usually wear contacts, but I've been out of disposables for about six months now so I wear glasses all of the time.

Speaking of which, I really need to get to the optometrist. I've been saying that for months, but I'm starting to get headaches when I map...

GG: I know what you mean about sleeping w/contacts. I don't do it, mainly because I wake up feeling tired, and since I also live in a very dry climate my eyes are often just about glued shut. 8O

OTB
JESUS CHRIST! HOW CAN ANYONE WHO MAKES HIS OWN AVATAR BE THAT LAZY?
the guardian
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by the guardian »

best speculation: otb has a giant brain, and as so, a giant head, which immoblizes him, or slow him down
Hello New Jersey
Bishop
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Bishop »

...and he will need giant glasses too.

BTW, sticking a piece of glass into your eyes sounds terrible to me. Esp. I've seen one of my classmates's eye swelling with blood simply because she put the contacts in with a little bit of pushing...
To the soul's desire
the body listens
What the flesh requires
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Nowadays contacts are pieces of plastic in a cup of sterile liquid. You use them for a day or two, throw them away and put on new ones. They won't make your eyes ache + they're cheap.

One of my pals uses those while snowboarding and stuff... Otherwise uses glasses.
Bishop
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Bishop »

Yeah, I knew that but still, my classmate's eyes are filled w/ blood! Can't imagine the horror...
To the soul's desire
the body listens
What the flesh requires
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Red eyes, you sure your classmate isn't a demon or something?
Our Host!