Where's Fender?

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Roving_Rabid_Raider
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Where's Fender?

Post by Roving_Rabid_Raider »

After playing and finishing the game countless time, I noticed that there is no musical instrument in the game at all.
Not even a flute, a broken guitar or a hi-fi set. The world in FO must be so damn dull.

Why there's no musical instrument in the game? Since you can get a job as a fluffer in New Reno, perhaps if you have a guitar in your inventory, you can play music in some of the bars and earn money too, right?
Sir_Funkalot
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Sir_Funkalot »

There is no instruments, but there is artists... remember the guy in Vault 8? :)
The Fallout California Tour | Currently being re-designed, re-structurated and re-wrote. To be finished...
Sanctuary
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Sanctuary »

looooooool and you get 1 to Karma if you tell him that he is a real talent :)
Sanctuary » maya modeler
http://www.sanctuary.ro (temp closed)
Roving_Rabid_Raider
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Well the closest to music stuff I get are those 3 guys surrounding a fire barrel in central New Reno. You can talk to them and give them 5$ and tell them to sing a different song, but ofcourse, you cant listen to the song.
Sir_Funkalot
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Sir_Funkalot »

No, that's to bad...
And then there's the singer in the Skum Pit in Junktown / Fallout...
The Fallout California Tour | Currently being re-designed, re-structurated and re-wrote. To be finished...
Jimbo san
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Jimbo san »

[Lie-mode activated] So you've never heard of Marcus' Magic Mandolin? All you have to do is give him one hundred bottles of rotgut and ask him repeatedly about the Master. In the end he will say something like "Yeah, those were the days. We all sat round The Glow, keeping warm whilst out on a random patrol to annoy hero models minding their own business, and i'd play my Mandolin. Used to sing Kum-bay-ya a lot." Ask him about it and he'll give it to you. You equip it in any bar, and then wait (using the Pip-boy), and you earn 50$ an hour. Not bad, eh? You can use it as a weapon (same stats as super sledge), and there is a sub-quest to find a new string after one breaks. Cool huh? [Lie-mode deactivated] {Phew!}
Last edited by Jimbo san on Wed May 01, 2002 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
toughlilgecko
SDF!
SDF!

Post by toughlilgecko »

The image of Marcus singing "Kum-By-Ya" is gonna haunt me for DAYS now! And I thought "Daisy" was bad...
Gehenna
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Hmmm....

Post by Gehenna »

No, no. I can see Marcus singin' kum-ba-ya.

So... The super mutants are christianity, trying to convert everyone to their "better" way.

The enclave is militant islam, out to kill all the infidels...

The brotherhood of steel... Hmmm.. Catholicism? They'd almost have to be. Ritual worship of the past with no real attempt at understanding it.

The hubologists would be scientology(hub/hubbard)

What would the NCR represent? I would say that initially they would probably have been buddhists, but later on with their expansionist policies of using medicine and goods and protection as bait for a hook... I would say that they would be closer to catholicism than the BoS.

So that makes the BoS what, Let's see... Small, isolated, educated, non-recruiting... Ah! They would be Jewish.

Or, that makes Gehenna drunk.
Pro'lly both.
Jimbo san
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Jimbo san »

Heh... :D
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

really funny

And the raiders must be atheists, because they don't care a shit about anything and just want to cause wreck and havoc.

Heh. Heh.

Cheezus...
Jimbo san
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Jimbo san »

Give me membership of that anyday! :twisted:
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

Don't think this has been mentioned but in FO you can come across a lone traveller that does repair and knows music. If you ask him he says something about knowing some Celtic music and then you can ask him to sing some song. Then the screen fades and says that you are invigorated after talking for a couple of hours.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Yeah, I think it's based on either your charisma or intelligence, and you ask him if he knows some old song (I did this yesterday, and forgot already :oops: )
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

Stainless wrote:Yeah, I think it's based on either your charisma or intelligence, and you ask him if he knows some old song (I did this yesterday, and forgot already :oops: )
:lol: ....I just got it today but I already forgot the name of the song, I just remember the encounter. The song has a title that has three words in it, thats all I remember, the song didn't stick in my mind so I'll look for it again.
Temaperacl
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Temaperacl »

Na Gheala Mbeadh
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Don't you gain +1 Charisma from the song?
Roving_Rabid_Raider
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

After playing the games countless times, I have never get that encounter!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Now I have to replay it again.....FO2 has the highest replayability of all games I ever played
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

That encounter is in Fallout.
I think that you gain 1 charisma like Kashluk said.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

What did I tell you... I know everything ;)
BigJack
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by BigJack »

Im not going to lie i have only played fallout 1 once (plz dont ban me) and i actually never finished it but in that game i got that singer guy 2 times in the same trip (1st near junktown 2nd near the glow if i remember correctly) dont know what he gave me but i kinda liked to steal those nuka colas from those boxes hehe

(damn i need to get my game back, i've lent it to a guy damn im stupid)
"When Angels deserve to die." - SoaD (System of a Down)

A Member Of The Knight Organization
Our Host!