Fallout 3 Q&A is up

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Looked so underworld wrote:impossible
Hahaha. If Bethesda impinged upon the consensus of reality via their factional interplay paradigm, we would all be the same person, in the same spaces and moment, forever. And no one would ask. :drunk:
Dreadnought
Devil times three go climb a tree
Devil times three go climb a tree

Post by Dreadnought »

George Marvin Miller from Hamptonshire would ask.
���������
popscythe
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by popscythe »

VasikkA wrote:Well, the GTA karma system is somewhat better than the one used in Fallout, but you'll ultimately end up doing quests for either good factions(BoS(which actually should be neutral, but Beth will presumably miss this)) or evil(Raiders, Slavers). I'd prefer more ambiguous and more indirect results of the player's actions than some queer +2 rep. Faction A and -2 rep. Faction B pop-ups upon completed quests. The whole faction concept reeks TES.
My big fucking deal here is the it's a goddamn wasteland full of random bastards who may or may not pull some shit every ten seconds. I'd always imagined that behind the scenes of what was too much info for 1999 there's a ton of mob (angry, not mafia) executions and lynchings going on over a stolen cow and such, not to mention fuckloads of transients left offa caravans for being a cannibal pedophile or stealing extra water or whatever shit, pissing off the boss and being left to die, only to wander into somewhere else and claim "raiders.. they uh.. got my guys" and start stealing water or pedocannibalizin' again the second they get a chance.

That's wasteland karma. Fallout 1 and 2 pretty much fucking boned the whole idea, and then added "everyone get that guy" to kinda even it out. Sure, I mentioned that I thought there should be "everyone get that guy" going on in the background up there, but at the same time, why doesn't everyone go after gizmo? Or who the fuck ever? Now to carry that same shitty model, even dumbed the fuck down to stalker (or worse, oblivion standards) ten years later with zero improvements, only removals of previous rules... That's the Bethesda Seal of Quality.
"I've decided that if positive affirmations can "cure cancer" then negative affirmations can cause cancer. Chant with me: Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard."
Our Host!