[FO2] Scrolling problem / Weapons range problem

If you can't get the Fallout games to run the way you want, or are having trouble with bugs, here's the place to ask for help.
swolf112
SDF!
SDF!

[FO2] Scrolling problem / Weapons range problem

Post by swolf112 »

I did post this on some other forum with no results, so i made this profile with LK 6 :clap:

Is there any way to scroll screen in combat further? For instance, im using scoped Hunting rifle (Range45) and fighting raider using FN FAL (R 35) but i just cant aim him at all on more than 35 hexes so if i come any closer he can shoot back, what is a problem for END 2 char. if you know what i mean... :chick:
So range advantage is screwed up. Why would anybody use Laser rifle (R 45) instead of Plasma Rifle (R 25) if its not for range?
Am i missing something? Please help!!

Can somebody test this: In Raider base entering from the caves I can barely extend sight to 22 hexes, and in New Reno streets 25-29 hexes. :hahano:
Thanks!
fallout ranger
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by fallout ranger »

Try moving towards what you want to shoot at. But if there are the scroll blockers (usually by exit grids), you cant scroll anymore. Sometimes just moving the mouse around and in the general direction of the target can let you see a few more hexes.

Also, NPCs do a good job af shooting what you can't see.
does this work
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

That's indeed fucked up. Perhaps you could be positioned diagonally towards the raider, if possible. I don't exactly know the mechanics of the hex based system and isometric viewpoint, but it could give you a better view without sacrificing range. Or you could download a mod at NMA, which increases screen resolution, but I wouldn't recommend that because the default resolution is sufficient enough for 99% of the game.
Our Host!