Ten Ton Hammer Preview

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
JHMN
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Ten Ton Hammer Preview

Post by JHMN »

<strong>[ Game -> Preview ]</strong> - News related to <a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx/archives.php ... ry=19">Top Story: Fallout 3 Previews</a> | More info on <a href="#Fallout 3">Game: Fallout 3</a>

<p>Just another stupid preview:</p><blockquote><p><em>Fallout 3 is Oblivion on steroids. With nukes. (...)</em></p><p><em>Finally, I couldn&rsquo;t help but fall in love with the game as I saw the world of Fallout unfurl itself before me. I&rsquo;ve never played any of the previous iterations of the game, but I intend to now and I look forward to what it has in store for me. I&rsquo;ve jotted down a few of my other miscellaneous observations at the end of this article, but all in all, I can&rsquo;t wait for Fall 2008.</em></p><p><em>Miscellaneous Observations:</em></p><ul><li><em>A possible product placement tie-in? &ndash; (Coke-looking bottle in creaking empty bus) </em></li><li><em>Lots of items to interact with. </em></li><li><em>Combat damage based on weapon and skill base. </em></li><li><em>Very mature combat, setting, and language </em></li><li><em>Can render damage to objects on a per pixel level </em></li><li><em>Speech skill can be used to give characters better deals </em></li><li><em>Several different methods of travel </em></li><li><em>Can&rsquo;t solo many of the monsters in the game</em></li></ul></blockquote><p>Read: <a href="http://cody.blogs.tentonhammer.com/?p=61" target="_blank">Ten Ton Hammer Preview</a></p><p>Product palcement? Unfortunately it's not even funny...</p><p>Spotted @ <a href="http://www.nma-fallout.com">No Mutants Allowed</a></p>
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Oh my lord! What a fucking doofus. From reading this article it seems intersting how much the basic features of the original Fallout now seem incredibly foreign and "ahead of its time" in today's gaming world.

As far as immersion into the role of the character (based on freedom of interactions), original Fallout seems to offer much more compared to FO3, yet FO3 is already set to be RPG of the year in every magazine, ass-kissing, etc...

Doesn't anyone think to ask the developers why certain decade-old assets of immersion are being left behind in favor of "pixel-level damage"? Who in the hell cares?! When I was playing the original Fallout almost ten years ago I was not wishing for Pixel-level damage, I was wanting, if anything, to have more freedom. More intelligent speech, more freedom of world travel, more characters and areas to interact with. It never even occurred to me to ask for my weapons to fall apart. Bethesda has already confirmed that there will be less characters, they have never promised a higher immersion through speech than FO, and the world will be nothing but maybe one quarter of Washington D.C.... so much for exploration and range of environments.

It drives me nuts to hear them claim to love the originals when we keep hearing about staff members who haven't even clocked an hour on the game, and if they loved the original game, wouldn't it be a more fitting tribute and more challenging and rewarding feat to build a successful game based on the fundamentals of the original that you "loved" so much.

We all know their whole argument is bullshit, so I'm just ranting... fuck.I'm not pissed that much about the game itself. I don't play videogames anymore and I'm not much worried that it will turn out like BOS, but it's the fake adoration that pisses me off. The real lovers of Fallout checked the fansites over and over again for news of a sequel for years and years and years. We may have moved on to other games but we never forgot the experience and longed to venture back out into that wasteland. and now these fucks are the ones taking the credit for reviving the game when all they are doing is hollowing it out and stuffing their tired, used up shit inside. Fuck..
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by johnnygothisgun »

an oration worthy of cicero, dogmeat
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

johnnygothisgun wrote:an oration worthy of cicero, dogmeat
oh yeah? I thought the various fucks were a bit much but maybe they were needed after all.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Dreadnought
Devil times three go climb a tree
Devil times three go climb a tree

Post by Dreadnought »

I want to cry... piss.
���������
popscythe
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by popscythe »

Dogmeatlives wrote:
johnnygothisgun wrote:an oration worthy of cicero, dogmeat
oh yeah? I thought the various fucks were a bit much but maybe they were needed after all.
The artist must not fear the censor.

The great must not be constrained by the small.

You must choose.... RAPTURE.

I mean anger. Anger leads to hatred, hatred leads to developing a decent post-apoc video game, and developing a post apoc video game will once and for all turn the world into a giant blue green sausage, which will then vanish.
"I've decided that if positive affirmations can "cure cancer" then negative affirmations can cause cancer. Chant with me: Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard."
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Re: Ten Ton Hammer Preview

Post by jetbaby »

JHMN wrote:Speech skill can be used to give characters better deals

Deep use of the skill system. I'm glad to see they're fully integrating the gamut of Fallout's skills to such a wondrous effect. What else can you learn? "Guns" and "Smashy things"?
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Goretheglowingone
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member
Location: DAC (YEA FUCKERS! WHAT'S IT TO YOU? HUH! HUH! , I Gotta go butt sex a nun now..

Post by Goretheglowingone »

im am greatly saddened by the lack of any mention of a pie gun.
EATER OF STUPID CHILDREN
Our Host!