Fallout3's Problems

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
LoneGunman
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by LoneGunman »

the_BlackPipMan wrote:honestly what more do you people want?
You getting the fuck out of here with you filthy swell guy mouth full of pete cum
the_BlackPipMan
Respected
Respected

Post by the_BlackPipMan »

there you go still going on about swell guy and cum.

dude you are so fucking closet homo its funny.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

:paper:
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

GRAFFIX, RUMOURS AND IMMERSHION!1!!oen!
the_BlackPipMan
Respected
Respected

Frater Perdurabo wrote:
GRAFFIX, RUMOURS AND IMMERSHION!1!!oen!
you might wanna get that stroke checked out...
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

your wrong. not everyone enjoyed fallout for the god view and TB combat. to some (including me) it felt removed and was a complete immersion killer.
What you 'feel' isn't that relevant. FO was designed in that way to achieve something, which was recreating the tabletop rpg experience. And first person view just isn't too good with that, now is it?
And you'll have to ask yourself, what do you mean with immersion? Do you mean that you'feel' like you're in the game? Then it's the wrong kind of immersion for a rpg.
RPG's are not about you, they're about the character you're playing
honestly what more do you people want?
Don't get us started ffs.
the_BlackPipMan
Respected
Respected

Mismatch wrote:
your wrong. not everyone enjoyed fallout for the god view and TB combat. to some (including me) it felt removed and was a complete immersion killer.
What you 'feel' isn't that relevant. FO was designed in that way to achieve something, which was recreating the tabletop rpg experience. And first person view just isn't too good with that, now is it?
And you'll have to ask yourself, what do you mean with immersion? Do you mean that you'feel' like you're in the game? Then it's the wrong kind of immersion for a rpg.
RPG's are not about you, they're about the character you're playing
honestly what more do you people want?
Don't get us started ffs.

obviously what I feel is relevant since the beth devs felt the exact same thing. fallout was done in that way for 2 reasons.

1 because that was the design for RPG games during that time period.
2 they didn't have the graphical power to do anything else.

the iso view in fallout was far from perfect. there was no rotating camera, items dropped onto the ground didn't even highlight themselves.

so for a quarter of the game im clicking randomly on the ground, hopping i can find my thrown spear. (whether the view is to mimick table top gaming or not, those are immersion breakers. and they sullied a great game for me.)

in regards to FALLOUT 3s view. you can change the first person to 3rd, and can pull it all the way back to semi iso.

a role playing game is what it says. ROLE PLAYING. so if the character you created in that ROLE can see a turd floating in a toilet. I want to see a turd floating in a toilet, not the description of it.

again i know its because of the draw backs of the technology at that time.
its quite possible the reason i didn't fall in love with fallout is because i played it after i found out about FALLOUT 3. so i may not be giving it the credit it deserves. but honestly a game made like that in this day and age will go bankrupt before it is ever even released....oh wait van buren.
LoneGunman
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by LoneGunman »

This guy might be pete hines!
the_BlackPipMan
Respected
Respected

LoneGunman wrote:This guy might be pete hines!
i better not be. he should be finishing up my fucking game right about now.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

the_BlackPipMan wrote:
LoneGunman wrote:This guy might be pete hines!
i better not be. he should be finishing up my fucking game right about now.
He's not a dev, he's the one they hired to tell tall stories, so he's prolly finishing up inside some 14 yr old lad right about now.
entertainer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by entertainer »

i stopped reading after this
Fallout 3 - By Morons, For Morons
the_BlackPipMan
Respected
Respected

entertainer wrote:
i stopped reading after this
your right. technology isn't the excuse for them not to put a rotating camera in. that was just shitty game design.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

Oh hey guyz, he has a point. You can pull the camera out to 3rd person so it's not a FPS ffs jeez lay off the new guy you r so mean!

Oh wait, out of the PR gawd's mouth - 3rd person ain't tolerable for any length of time, much like....oh shit....Oblivion.
the_BlackPipMan
Respected
Respected

cazsim83 wrote:Oh hey guyz, he has a point. You can pull the camera out to 3rd person so it's not a FPS ffs jeez lay off the new guy you r so mean!

Oh wait, out of the PR gawd's mouth - 3rd person ain't tolerable for any length of time, much like....oh shit....Oblivion.
so basically you're saying they were lying when they said that 3rd person perspective is fully functional
fallout 3 is just really oblivion with a different case.

there plan is to fly to mexico once they've pocketed the sales, before the fans get a chance to play it.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

the_BlackPipMan wrote: so basically you're saying they were lying when they said that 3rd person perspective is fully functional

there plan is to fly to mexico once they've pocketed the sales, before the fans get a chance to play it.
yes, actually.

yes, again.

no, they don't have to, because already, *JUST* like Oblivion, the 'objective' gaming outlets are already sucking their cocks, and will continue to do so until (quite possibly) F3 wins GotY and then a year later the reviewers will go "Man, there sure were a lot of problems with Fallout 3" but by then it will be too late because there will be approx 2000 worth of Microsoft Points for DLC and an expansion and a half which all the spoiled rotten PoS FPS gamers will have bought and the powers-that-be at Bethesda will be laughing all the way to the bank because they pulled it off again.
the_BlackPipMan
Respected
Respected

cazsim83 wrote:
the_BlackPipMan wrote: so basically you're saying they were lying when they said that 3rd person perspective is fully functional

yes, actually.

yes, again.

no, they don't have to, because already, *JUST* like Oblivion, the 'objective' gaming outlets are already sucking their cocks, and will continue to do so until (quite possibly) F3 wins GotY and then a year later the reviewers will go "Man, there sure were a lot of problems with Fallout 3" but by then it will be too late because there will be approx 2000 worth of Microsoft Points for DLC and an expansion and a half which all the spoiled rotten PoS FPS gamers will have bought and the powers-that-be at Bethesda will be laughing all the way to the bank because they pulled it off again.
so they are a bunch lair lairs with there pants on fire.
okeydokey. ill be sure to take a peek into the game case when i buy it. make sure they just didn't put a preplayed oblivion DVD.

side not. can you guys make a post without the cock sucking and cum guzzling.

it really raises questions about your sexualities that i really don't want to know.
LoneGunman
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by LoneGunman »

the_BlackPipMan wrote:
cazsim83 wrote:

yes, actually.

yes, again.

okeydokey. ill be sure to take a peek into the game case when i buy it. make sure they just didn't put a preplayed oblivion DVD.

it really raises questions about your sexualities that i really don't want to know.
You could also pack you cum-sack and fucking leave!
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

look at oblivion pre-release hype and the finished product. Credibility and Bethseda aren't exactly good bedfellows.
the_BlackPipMan
Respected
Respected

LoneGunman wrote:
the_BlackPipMan wrote:
cazsim83 wrote: yes, actually.

yes, again.

You could also pack you cum-sack and fucking leave!
what the hell is a cum sack? and how do you pack it?

is it like a baggy of semen gays tote around if they get hungry or something?

teach me more of homoculture, oh GayGuru.
the_BlackPipMan
Respected
Respected

Stainless wrote:look at oblivion pre-release hype and the finished product. Credibility and Bethseda aren't exactly good bedfellows.
what was promised and not delivered?

( i wasn't aware of hypeing up of oblivion)
Our Host!