1UP interviews Pagliarulo at Games Convention

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
JHMN
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

1UP interviews Pagliarulo at Games Convention

Post by JHMN »

<strong>[ Game -> Interview ]</strong> - More info on <a href="#Emil Pagliarulo">Person: Emil Pagliarulo</a> | More info on <a href="#Fallout 3">Game: Fallout 3</a>

<p>1UP had an opportunity to talk to Emil Pagliarulo during Games Convention in Leipzig. Small part:</p><blockquote dir="ltr" style="margin-right: 0px"><p><strong><em>1UP: The Fallout community is very -- very -- vocal and defensive of the franchise. Why do you think the previous games have generated such a tenacious fanbase, especially in light of the disappointments of Fallout Tactics and Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel? </em></strong></p><p><em><strong>Emil Pagliarulo:</strong> Yeah, I mean, it's no secret that there's a hardcore Fallout fanbase that can be very vocal, very defensive, and very wary of any changes to the original game. But why is that the case? Who are these people, and what is it about Fallout that awakens such passion? In my experience, a lot of these ardent fans are old-school PC gamers who don't like many -- or any -- console games. So an amazing game like Fallout will sit on a hard drive for a long, long time. A fan will play it, then play it again, and then keep on playing it until their PC dies. That fosters a really unique, almost intimate relationship with a game. </em></p><p><em>So it's no surprise they react they way they do when a company like Bethesda obtains the license, and then makes some significant changes. They're like "GINO" -- Galactica In Name Only -- those hardcore Battlestar Galactica fans who idolize the old show and despise the new one because it's so different. Some people get really attached to something and reject change. I understand their feelings and sympathize...but I'm not one of those people. </em></p><p><strong><em>1UP: The idea of an Enclave-run radio station seems to have raised a few hackles among fans of the original game. Can you explain how this fits in with the Fallout canon? </em></strong></p><p><em><strong>Emil Pagliarulo</strong>: I can...but I won't. That's one of the things we're just really not ready to talk about yet. Sorry!</em></p></blockquote><p>Read: <a href="http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3162284" target="_blank">Interview with Emil Pagliarulo</a>.</p><p>Spotted @ <a href="http://www.1up.com/">1UP</a></p>
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

Goddamn, I don't feel like even commenting this, it's all so trivial, and also same thing for the fifteenth fucking time. So how about discussing guns instead?
Serious Business.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

That's a caricature of Mad Max D;
fallout ranger
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by fallout ranger »

Fucking radio station...
does this work
Dreadnought
Devil times three go climb a tree
Devil times three go climb a tree

Post by Dreadnought »

We also need a laundromat run by deathclaws which only speak in rhymes.
���������
Maximous
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Maximous »

W-RAD, the new radio stations of the Uber-Dumb-asses. Now we can listen to the radio while we watch guns rust. Christ am I on the edge of my seat.
DaC-Sniper
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by DaC-Sniper »

When i was dead broke man, i couldn`t picture this.
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

so what's new
OnHigh
SDF!
SDF!

Post by OnHigh »

He didn’t just compare classic Fallout to classic Battlestar, right?
Ouch!

Furthermore old/new Battlestar ARE completely different, the logical conclusion of this analogy is that they ARE changing everything about Fallout. This is not news to me, but the last time I checked they were still pretending like there would only be a few minor changes.

I saw a whole shit load of BRAND NEW copies of BOS for $9 today at the local electronics store. I bet they could not get rid of them if they were free. I predict a smiler fate for FO3.
popscythe
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by popscythe »

OnHigh wrote:He didn’t just compare classic Fallout to classic Battlestar, right?
Ouch!

Furthermore old/new Battlestar ARE completely different, the logical conclusion of this analogy is that they ARE changing everything about Fallout. This is not news to me, but the last time I checked they were still pretending like there would only be a few minor changes.

I saw a whole shit load of BRAND NEW copies of BOS for $9 today at the local electronics store. I bet they could not get rid of them if they were free. I predict a smiler fate for FO3.
Emil Pagliarulo is a motherfucking idiot. I read the rest of this interview. You realize this fucking douche is the asshole responsible for the buggy linear shitfest that was the RE FUCKING HASHED assassin's guild from morrowind then put in a maaaagiiiiccccc hiddddeeen hooooooouuuuse (ITS THIRTY FUCKING PACES FROM THE COUNTS FUCKING MANSION) in Oblivion?

Fuck that guy. Lets hope he's got a good place to hide after the revolution.
"I've decided that if positive affirmations can "cure cancer" then negative affirmations can cause cancer. Chant with me: Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard."
Maximous
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Maximous »

I have to agree with a comment by "FinnishEr" over at NMA (http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewto ... c&start=20)

Beth/Todd have screwed FO3 up so badly...I don't think they ever intended to do it right from the beginning...Of course it could be a Post by Todd.

Seriously, 1/2 brain can see that FO3 has NOTHING to do with FO1/2.

"If you really think that you have right to tell what to do or why they should do, you should also realise that you had same chance to buy copyrights for this game. Oh you don't have that money? well heres hundreds of samelike whiners that you are and you had the chace to collect all those Fallout fundamentalist in the same core and build a empire with knowledge and fund for FO3!"
Our Host!