Have you ever played Wasteland? No? Well look here, then..

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Kreegle
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Have you ever played Wasteland? No? Well look here, then..

Post by Kreegle »

<strong>[ -> N/A]</strong>

A few people have been wanting to find out what this "Wasteland" game is all about, and fair enough too! It <i>is</i> Fallout's grandaddy, after all. Thing is though, you can't buy it anywhere. It's so old, it can't even remember what the inside of a store looks like. It's gone!<br><br>So what's a good post-apocalyptic fan like yourself supposed to do, eh?<br><br><a href="http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=2425" target="_blank">The Underdogs.</a> That's what you do - go visit the top abandonned-game museum on the internet. Once there, you'll be presented straight away with a place to <a href="http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=2425" target="_blank">download Wasteland</a> from. Keep the classics alive!<br><br>Oh, and by the way, have some patience with it... it may not look the best anymore, and the interface might be a bit confusing, but stick with it and you'll find out why everyone loves it. Cheers to Dino J for sending in the link.
Rosh
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Rosh »

Just avoid the "sequel" that EA crapped out, Fountain of Dreams. Meantime was going to be the real sequel, but it never made it to completion. Interplay couldn't make a sequel without having to pay EA money, and EA's squatting on the name for the most part.

Hence, why Fallout's original box tab has "Remember Wasteland?" on it.
Last edited by Rosh on Sun Jul 14, 2002 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kreegle

Post by Kreegle »

Fountain of Dreams is horrible, that's for sure.
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

Finally! I can find out what all the excitment is about. Downloading now... :D Cheers for that Kreegle :wink:
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

1.) If you're used to RPGs that do everything for you, I wouldn't recommend dowloading it.
2.) If you think graphics make a game, I wouldn't download it.

Otherwise, it's a damned good game.

One note though, if you're low in rank, shadowclaws are very, very nasty things. Don't play with them.
------------------
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

Thanks S_P. I've started playing it. It is really good.

1) I prefer doing things myself anyways :)
2) I still play X-COM: UFO Defence, nuf said :)
Ausir
The Vault Overseer
The Vault Overseer

Post by Ausir »

You can also download it at www.tytan.org/fallout/pliki_klasyka.php .
morris

Wasteland is the greates

Post by morris »

I was a hardcore Wasteland Junkie when I was a young lad, still have the game on my Commodore 64, and I play it frequently. Wasteland kicks.... It was only because I was a wasteland fan, that I ever started playing Fallout, which also kicks.
Grey_Ghost
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Re: Have you ever played Wasteland? No? Well look here, th

Post by Grey_Ghost »

Kreegle wrote:<a href="http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=2425" target="_blank">The Underdogs.</a> That's what you do - go visit the top abandonned-game museum on the internet.
OMG Thank you! Had no idea such a place existed. I have been able to download some games where my floppy disks had gone bad! I can play Darklands again! :D I was pleasantly suprised to find out that game still has a small community on the internet.

Not to mention I can now play those games that I either couldn't afford back then or never knew existed, like Beneath a Steel Sky.

Heh I'll be busy for awhile.

Grey_Ghost
Haplo

Post by Haplo »

Thanks Kreegle! Ahhh the days of my youth, recaptured once again....
4too
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by 4too »

6 or 7 years back, I was still so fixated by Wasteland, that I snapped up Fount'o'Dreams when it was in the bargain/closeout bin. 5 and a half inch floppies.

Liked the ability to park NPC's at the home base.

Don't have a negitive memory of the experience, AND I never played F'o'D to it's conclusion. This community has a high percentage of folks that have played the FO's and Wasteland many times through. That's how we tend to judge a game. So F'o'D
is only a weed overgrown side track on (or off) the way to FO 1 and 2. F'o'D was like most of the mediocre software out there; it's like the pop music industry, time filters out all the crap.

So I reckon, I turned over the compost.

4too
Our Host!