help please

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.
Softwisper
SDF!
SDF!

help please

Post by Softwisper »

:?

I reinstalled BOS on my system, however this time I had gotten a new hardrive (in one of those removable hardrive things) it was over 2 gigs (the new harddrive) so i did a full install. I then chased around for a couple of days till I found a downloadable patch for it but I can't get the patch to install. all I get is "game not installed on computer" message. I don't know if the patch is looking for a particular pointer in the windows startup menu or something but as the game is fully installed on another drive than my OS the patch can't for some reason find it.

Any one know what I can do to fix this? I can open the patch with win zip and over write any files but I don't know where things should go. the good people at interplay have continuiously ignored my requests for assistance. (love companies who don't know what customer support is) :roll:

Also anyone know where I can get the special mission "Springfield?" ( i think the rader buggy looks cool and this is the only mission that has it) I found a site that had it listed as a download but you couldn't get the download to work properly. :(

Thanks if you can help me figure this one out

Softwisper :wink:
Demon-X
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Demon-X »

go here for mission 8 (springfield) dunno about that patch tho,
Ive been meaning to play that mish, but I'm always halfway thru the campaign when i remember to download :roll:
Kreegle

Post by Kreegle »

Find a line in your BOS.CFG file (it's in the /core directory) that says:
{misc.bonusMission} = {false}
Change it to:
{misc.bonusMission} = {true}
That's it.
Softwisper
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Softwisper »

:D thanks kreegle!

I changed that line in the file and just after quincy i got the springfield mission appear. now I can get a full garage! lol

now if I could just get the patch to install :roll:
I am ready to meet my maker. I only hope he is up for the ordeal.

In life 2 things are garenteed, Death and taxs. You spend your whole life paying one and saving for the other.
Our Host!