Known FoT bugs...

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Re: Scripting SNAFU in Kansas City....

Post by OnTheBounce »

Viktor wrote:So you can imagine my surprise to meet one of the Cathedral ghouls in Bunker G, who tells you he's here to deliver the manuals for the nuke!!
Was this ghoul's name "Hazmat", perchance? AFAIK, this was taken out of the core campaign, although his dialogue was kept on the discs, as was his portrait.

Maybe this has something to do w/the fact that you have the UK version?! :?

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Viktor
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Re: Scripting SNAFU in Kansas City....

Post by Viktor »

OnTheBounce wrote:
Viktor wrote:So you can imagine my surprise to meet one of the Cathedral ghouls in Bunker G, who tells you he's here to deliver the manuals for the nuke!!
Was this ghoul's name "Hazmat", perchance? AFAIK, this was taken out of the core campaign, although his dialogue was kept on the discs, as was his portrait.

Maybe this has something to do w/the fact that you have the UK version?! :?

OTB
Indeed, it was! What other US vs. UK version changes are known?? My UK version is fully patched it to V1.27 and I chose the full (largest) install option.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

I went "a pokin'" to get to the bottom of this Hazmat issue and I've managed to get myself really confused as to why it hasn't worked in any game I've ever played.

Hazmat is set on Player Index 10 in Bunker Gamma, which is deactivated and relies on the following trigger to be activated:

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Condition(s):

If campaign variable 'CVAR_M11_Complete' is 'TRUE'
If campaign variable 'CVAR_M11_GHOULSDIED' is 'FALSE'

Action(s):

Set Inc_Hazmat to Stationary at Anywhere
- - - - - - - - - - - - -

This trigger relies on mission11.mis being completed, less than 8 Ghouls dying in the siege, and Defcon surviving. If those conditions are met, you should encounter Hazmat back at the bunker.

I checked in the first mission to make sure that the CVARs were initialized there. I also checked in mission11.mis to make sure that the CVARs were reinitialized there and that the triggers were set up properly within that mission so that the CVARs were changed according to the result of the siege. Then I checked bunker03.mis to make sure that everything jived there. According to my findings, everything should work. I'm really at a loss as to why I've never seen Hazmat at Bunker Gamma. He really should be waiting there when I return from St. Louis.

Does anyone else have any ideas?

OTB
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

Hazmat shows up about every other time after I complete the Kansas City mission with having less than 8 ghouls killed. Also I heard someone say something about having all the ghouls surviving and then Hazmat would pop up in Bunker Gamma. :?

Edit: Well, I went back and played the Kansas City mission and two ghouls died but Hazmat didn't show up so it must a faulty trigger.
Booz3
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Booz3 »

While burst firing on someone and at the same time "swithcing" to single you can almost get double damage on the opponent. You have to be very accurate on timing... and it doesn't seem to work always but it does most of the time.
quote:I should have rigged myself somebody with a spine... Didn't know you were gonna go belly up on me at last fucking gasp !
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

Has anyone noticed that the tank bot won't stay unconscious?
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Slider wrote:Has anyone noticed that the tank bot won't stay unconscious?
Are you talking about something in-game? If so, I can't recall anywhere that a Tank Bot is supposed to be unconscious.

Or are you talking about something to do w/the editors? If so, did you make sure to check/tick "Unconscious" and enter "-1" in the duration field?

OTB
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

Yeah I'm talking about in-game. When you shoot at the tank bot and get the red text saying 'unconscious' but it keeps coming at you.
Nutter
Respected
Respected

Post by Nutter »

There seem to be a lot of bugs in multi-level maps - being able to shoot people two floors above, whilst being directly underneath, being attacked by radsorpions even when you're underground and they're upstairs
Viktor
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Viktor »

OnTheBounce wrote:
Does anyone else have any ideas?

OTB
I wonder if Gareth has a 'known FO:T bug' list he could check for us???
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Here's a link to a topic in the FoT Mapping and Modding Forum dealing with a problem/bug that the Type 5 Ruined City Wall tiles have:

Click me. Click me here.

OTB
Rydiak
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Rydiak »

Tagging Unarmed while you have One Hander removes the tag after your character is created. Might be affected by a few other things, but the main reason seems to be One Hander.
Our Host!