Few words (not) about Fallout 3 from Tim Cain

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

aries100 wrote:I think it is normal in the game industry to be polite and NOT comment on other developer's work in progress. And maybe Tim Cain also has career in gaming to think of not ruining??
No, if he wanted to be polite he's say "Holy shit Fallout 3 looks awesome I love the way Bethesda is taking it and I think the license is in very good hands!". That's how you do it in game industry. I'd speculate that the fact he didn't do it says he doesn't like it.
JHMN wrote:Sorry sorry sorry sorry green tea
GYarrrRRghDGH
Mechanurgist wrote:^__^ Frackin' Koreans are eating up all the good developers...and turning them into anime.
That's Japanese. Yes, there's a difference.
Serious Business.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

Brother None wrote:JHMN: this might be a shocker, but...you don't have to post your personal feelings in the newspost. You could stick to just posting news.
He could, but he doesn't have to? This ain't the BBC.

EDIT: In fact, I definitely support opinions in news posts. I figure that makes them a lot more interesting to read. Codex, NMA, Briosa's blog, DAC, all pretty much post the exact same news, so if you want the cold hard facts, any of those places work. Personal opinion and attitude is what keep people going to a certain place, I reckon. Among other things, of course. But I definitely advocate giving your own opinion and inviting others to argue with it, as long as you're clear on the seperation between opinion and news.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

Personal opinions and sharp observations are encouraged, from the news poster.
If our readers aren't smart enough to form their own opinion and agree or disagree with you, they can go to NMA or the official Fo3 site.
Testicular Pugilist
JHMN
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by JHMN »

Ok, if anyone still wants any explanation I can go further and say that as long as I do not see the final product I will have some hope despite all the known facts about F3, that's what I think.

Besides, it seemed to me that it is the style of writing news here at DAC - to add own comments on the information. In fact there are not too many news without such opinions. And some people agree. What a coincidence.
war, war never changes...
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

Smiley wrote:Personal opinions and sharp observations are encouraged, from the news poster.
If our readers aren't smart enough to form their own opinion and agree or disagree with you, they can go to NMA or the official Fo3 site.
I'd argue that having opinions shovelled in front of you by the newscarrier is exactly the opposite of forming your own opinion. Who do you think bothers to make up their own mind, Fox viewers or BBC viewers?

Anyway, you keep on doing what you're doing, no need to get your panties in your twist, I only suggested it because JHMN noted he got in trouble for posting too biased on the Polish forum before. If he has trouble with reactions to his opinions in his newspost, the easiest solution is not posting them.
Ozrat wrote:I haven't been so oppressed since prom in 9th grade.
JHMN
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by JHMN »

Let's not overexaggerate, I've written I was criticised, but it happened only once. Anyway, I just wanted to pass over another point of view from that article in order to make the post maybe a little more objective (I mean not Fallout-fanatical for a change). You don't like it, I understand, it won't happen again, there is no need for unnecessarily controversial posts.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

Brother None wrote:
Smiley wrote:Personal opinions and sharp observations are encouraged, from the news poster.
I'd argue that having opinions shovelled in front of you by the newscarrier is exactly the opposite of forming your own opinion. Who do you think bothers to make up their own mind, Fox viewers or BBC viewers?

Anyway, you keep on doing what you're doing, no need to get your panties in your twist, I only suggested it because JHMN noted he got in trouble for posting too biased on the Polish forum before. If he has trouble with reactions to his opinions in his newspost, the easiest solution is not posting them.
On the other hand NMA's news is pretty much pointless as all the comments are anti-bethesda, so it just spirals into a pit of wanky shit.
:chew:
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

More hate pls.
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Post by DarkUnderlord »

Kharn's still trying to tell us how to run things?

You can change the name but you can't change the man. AMIRITE
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

JHMN wrote:Ok, if anyone still wants any explanation I can go further and say that as long as I do not see the final product I will have some hope despite all the known facts about F3
Yeah, and that's why you suck
Serious Business.
JHMN
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by JHMN »

Anyway, it's better this way than to suck the way you do.
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

Hah! Made you all post! Dance, puppets, dance!
Ozrat wrote:I haven't been so oppressed since prom in 9th grade.
JHMN
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by JHMN »

Can't wait for another piece of constructive criticism, really. Go and take a break people.
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

Can't wait for another unbiased neutral ground newspost to bash you again.

Stop posting.
Serious Business.
popscythe
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by popscythe »

Koki wrote:Can't wait for another unbiased neutral ground newspost to bash you again.

Stop posting.
Smells like it's gonna rain..

chocolate.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

Koki wrote:Can't wait for another unbiased neutral ground newspost to bash you again.

Stop posting.
whats with all the hate, pip?

@jhmn: keep it up, and personal opinions are GOOD! in my opinion :)

and i'm still thinking FO3 might not be all that bad. Might not be a true sequel in some ways, but I'm withholding doom judgment until I actually play the thing, and see whether I want to keep playing it.
JHMN
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by JHMN »

Thanks for support. Koki, you can go and post some criticism below my first news as well - it's still visible at the main page, you don't even have to go to the archive to read it! Hope you'll have fun. I wonder how you could miss the opportunity to express your elaborate thoughts immediately when it appeared...
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Brother None wrote:
S4ur0n27 wrote:Where's Tim working anyway?
NCSoft.
Yay, making mmorpgs?
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

JHMN wrote:Thanks for support. Koki, you can go and post some criticism below my first news as well - it's still visible at the main page, you don't even have to go to the archive to read it! Hope you'll have fun. I wonder how you could miss the opportunity to express your elaborate thoughts immediately when it appeared...
I rarely visit News, since you only cover Fallout 3.

Now that we have new amazing newsposters I'll be sure to drop in more often though.
Serious Business.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

Brother None wrote: I'd argue that having opinions shovelled in front of you by the newscarrier is exactly the opposite of forming your own opinion. Who do you think bothers to make up their own mind, Fox viewers or BBC viewers?
I'm not american, so I don't know what your news-stations are like.
I'd like to see an independant audience though, and sometimes biased news provokes that streak to get out in people.
Testicular Pugilist
Our Host!