On the subject of Targeting Eyes...

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

nah, you're just an idiot
PsychoSniper2
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by PsychoSniper2 »

Machiavelli wrote:
Thor Kaufman wrote:
Machiavelli wrote:Why kill kids? I understand that it was part of the original game, but lets get real here. It wasn't a major part of it. Also, if we ever want to rid ourselves of the ESRB and actually have the games to do whatever we want, we need to restrain ourselves now. I do absolutely agree that eye shots should be a valuable tactical option for non firearms characters. In the end though we just need to rejoice that the game is being made. I've waited 10 long years for this and while I hope for the best, in the end it's just a game.
DU should make a registration stop or at least block Bethesda IP ranges, those OGM trolls are a real pita. They're not even funny
I'm not Bethesda or OGM. I just don't happen to be a raving fanboy with such a pathetic life I have to kill and rape in a video game to make myself feel better.
Youre just a tool.

ROLE PLAY GAME

Thats what FO is SUPPOSED to be, what FO3 will FAIL at being.

A TRUE RPG means you can do ANYTHING (or a lot at least, baring what wasnt thought of by designers)

However, bethesda has a history of lame shit like not letting you kill certain people. (oblivion)

Or automaticly saying game over if they die (Morrowind).

It shouldnt fucking matter WHAT you do, as its YOUR CHOICE for that CHARACTHER youre playing.

I currently have, for example, two playthru's of FO2 that Im doing.

One, Im playing a goody twoshoes (who has a bad habit of drinking before a fight) and a ratbastard thats killed a number of people, including some of the kids in the den (little bastards stole from me ..... ) Oh, and vault city kinda is dead, felt insulted.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

S4ur0n27 wrote:It's for some suckers like somebody I won't name who won't play the game if anything could temper with the easyness; i.e. weight system a la Stalker.
There's a difference between what makes a game easy, and not a pain in the ass to play.
Of course, I wouldn't expect you to notice the difference.

If anything killed the game though, it's "ghosts".

As for eye-shots, I'm all for it. If an eye shot could be made, it was so.
Testicular Pugilist
PsychoSniper2
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by PsychoSniper2 »

theres really 3 main types of games.

1- those that are easy, simply to be easy

2- Those that are hard, simply to be hard.

Both 1 and 2 can be fun

Then theres 3

3- Hard because of retarded shit, and designers simply wnating random hardless to make ithe swell guy level go up even more.

FO3 will be a 3.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

I've yet to see a game that's hard by Bethesda? Actually, hard games are pretty much non-existant on the market, except for small houses.
Machiavelli
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Machiavelli »

Well computer ROLE PLAY GAMES that are produced by a major company for the mass market have to have some level of social acceptability in order to be carried by most stores. OK I should apologize. You could kill the kids in the first two games. You should be able to kill them in this one. Lets leave out the rape though huh? Some of us are parents and it strikes a nerve.

Ah well fuck it. The game will suck anyways. We should all just band together, buy the license and then make our own FO3 using the original engine with the only modifications being so that it can be played on newer machines. Keep it low tech and available for everyone.
The AK-47. When you absolutely positively got to kill every mother#$^#&* in the room...... Accept no substitute.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Machiavelli wrote:Some of us are parents and it strikes a nerve.
Hence the importance of knowing what your kids play and being a responsible parent. What does being a parent REALLY have to do with this anyways? The game is obviousily ment for adults, so why should things be dumbed down? Because kids might get it?

I don't think options should be dumbed down because someone might be offended, that's stupid in my opinion. It's like an artist creating a masterpiece and then covering up a naked thigh in the painting because someone might get offended. Killing kids makes sense in the context. It just destroys the atmosphere if you can't, if you ask me. "HEY WATCH THIS! I CAN TOTALLY BLOW THE SHIT OUT OF THIS SDF, but for some odd reason, bullets just bounce off this 6 year old. Must be all the radiation."

As for rape - doubt it. Maybe implied rape, but rape? No.
Machiavelli
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Machiavelli »

When I said it strikes a nerve I was directly referencing raping children. As for being a responsible parent I would obviously never let my children play a rated M game, I just think that the rape shouldn't be an option. There are those in society that would be influenced by witnessing the rape of a child in a computer game and want to do it in real life. I worry about my children enough as it is. Play pen and paper games with a strictly limited audience i.e. your gaming group if you want to have those kinds of things, but don't glorify it in a game that may be played by millions of people. We can have all the chaos, freedom and everything else we like and love about fallout without rape.
The AK-47. When you absolutely positively got to kill every mother#$^#&* in the room...... Accept no substitute.
PsychoSniper2
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by PsychoSniper2 »

Machiavelli wrote:Well computer ROLE PLAY GAMES that are produced by a major company for the mass market have to have some level of social acceptability in order to be carried by most stores.

Well FO3 sounds like a mindless shooter, so should be socily acceptable.

BTW, explain stores carrying GTA by that logic ....
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

Machiavelli wrote:Lets leave out the rape though huh? Some of us are parents and it strikes a nerve.
Forgive me if I can't see rape being worse than killing a child.
Testicular Pugilist
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

Smiley, please. Raping is amoral
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

a..moral..?
Has DAC gone kiddy or something? :S
Testicular Pugilist
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

im not that bothered about raping children because im not psychosniper
:chew:
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

Smiley wrote:a..moral..?
Has DAC gone kiddy or something? :S
what
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Thor is my hero :hug:
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

First off, I don't think any game is furthered by raping children. I can't actually THINK of a game that does that, so maybe that's a GOOD thing. Um...and I don't really remember being able to rape anybody in GTA anyway, but maybe I missed something???
If there was child rape in any game, I think the censors would shut it the hell down real quick.....which I also believe is a good thing. But I have to agree, not being able to shoot the little bastard who just stole some of my money would really suck.....
Our Host!