Modoc's wedding

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
VochoSS
SDF!
SDF!

Modoc's wedding

Post by VochoSS »

I have noticed, that in city Modoc during wedding the bride costs to the left of the groom though by rules it should stand on the right. One person has expressed opinion, that in different religions they can stand differently. I wish to know, what religion is established in Modoc. Sorry for my English.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Re: Modoc's wedding

Post by Redeye »

VochoSS wrote:I have noticed, that in city Modoc during wedding the bride costs to the left of the groom though by rules it should stand on the right. One person has expressed opinion, that in different religions they can stand differently. I wish to know, what religion is established in Modoc. Sorry for my English.
Imagine post-nuclear Christianity.

Made from leftover scraps, like Junktown.
VochoSS
SDF!
SDF!

Post by VochoSS »

Imagine post-nuclear Christianity.

Made from leftover scraps, like Junktown.
Yes, I thought about this, but is there article or a mention in the game, devoted to consideration to religious preferences in Fallout 2?
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

I don't believe there's any major religions referenced in the game at all.

Most ingame religions being cults, for the most part, and several preachers/men of god, although their specific religion is never expanded upon. But they're the closest to any mainstream forms of religion.
Kahgan
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Kahgan »

well there's the children of the cathedral.... :chew:
BRING BACK CENTERED DAC!

REGIN* FOR KING OF NORWAY!

http://forum.nwsgames.net/index.php
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

omg a (new) valid fallout thread! What's next, a Fallout sequel?
johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by johnnygothisgun »

if you speak to the mayor of modoc and ask him what the large building in the center of town is (of course your character would never have seen or known what a church is), he'll explain that the people built it to worship the lord, but lately with the drought havent felt much like worshipping

incase youre wondering, its christianity
Edward_R_Murrow
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Edward_R_Murrow »

I don't believe there's any major religions referenced in the game at all.
Aradesh and some of Shady Sands made references to Dharma, so they could be Buddhist, Hindu, or maybe Sikhism followers. Or Vault 15 was filled with multicultural yuppie liberals who wanted to sound cosmopolitan.
Dreadnought
Devil times three go climb a tree
Devil times three go climb a tree

Post by Dreadnought »

There's this preacher in New Reno but he's drunk all the time. He shows how no one gives a rat's ass about religion in a world devoured by nuclear fire.

The Apocalypse is a (afaik) biblical term, so hell... world ended... what happens after that has nothing to do with 'god' anymore. (as if it ever had, lol :atheism:)
���������
Our Host!