Duck and Cover Forum Index

Use these links, buy stuff from Amazon and help us out, nubs. Link Translator
Amazon.com | Amazon.ca | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de | Fishpond.co.nz
  Duck and Cover  •  FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Support DAC!
 IGN Interviews Emil View next topic
View previous topic
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[ Game -> Interview ] - More info on Person: Emil Pagliarulo | More info on Game: Fallout 3

IGN has interviewed Lead Designer Emil Pagliarulo. The interview was apparently streamed live and was only accessible but subscribers. According to Zenmaster Omega at the Bethesda forums, Emil notes the following:

-the different people that can be recruited for your "party" will be limited based on your karma
-"might" have some characters coming back, but they aren't talking about it yet
-load times faster than Oblivion right now.
-blowing up Megaton will make your karma "plummet"
-There will be an invisible wall at the end of the world.
-Brotherhood of Steel is a "neo-knightly organization that is waging war in DC" (direct quote)
-Game is running on DX 9 right now and they would "never release just on Vista"

-He thinks it is very important about the original Fallout and Fallout 3 that all the factions, like Raiders, slavers and Super Mutants weren't all completely evil and that you never knew where you'd find friends.
-"Absolutely not" to multiplayer

Thanks to Stainless for pointing this out.

VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
-the different people that can be recruited for your "party" will be limited based on your karma

Now, does that just seem retarded to you? Instead of the CH/2 party size used in Fallout(character stats do matter), Beth gives an equal chance for every character to recruit henchmen. Apparently, if you strictly follow a good/evil(which are words I don't want to be associated with Fallout) path to maximize/minimize karma points, you'll get the maximum number of followers. Where's the choices and consequences in this one?

The best case scenario would be if they removed karma points altogether giving the game a healthy dose of ambiguity.

Quote:
-Brotherhood of Steel is a "neo-knightly organization that is waging war in DC" (direct quote)

Bleh
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Emil wasn't talking about party size:
Quote:

Oh no it's not about numbers of people. Sorry if my transcript was misleading. It was hastily written while I was watching the interview.

He was saying that the different people that would be willing to join you would be based on your karma. He didn't mention, at all, any kind of limit to the number of people at a time. He just was saying that if you had done a bunch of evil things some goody two shoes character wouldn't join you and visa versa.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, I was!
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I really dislike this talk of good and evil. Really worries me. I've said it before, but if there's one thing I'd like to see completely scrapped, it's the karma rating, but it seems they're giving it an ever bigger role than previously here.
johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

im strangely curious to see what sort of middle school logic they use to justify the brotherhood being in washington, dc
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[quote="King of Creation"]
Quote:
Brotherhood of Steel organization that is waging war
icon_hahano
Quote:
never release just on Vista
pfff of relief.

what kinda people are gonna be willingto join you based on karma makes sens. Good thing it's not limiting the number. That case it would be like what Vasikka said.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I might be completely wrong, as I'm running off memory. but karma limited certain followers in the Fallout 2, ie Marcus anda few others.
popscythe
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Mr. Teatime wrote:
I really dislike this talk of good and evil. Really worries me. I've said it before, but if there's one thing I'd like to see completely scrapped, it's the karma rating, but it seems they're giving it an ever bigger role than previously here.

It's by the people who made THE ELDER SCROLLS, doubleT.

They've never, ever made a (attempted role playing) game that wasn't both black and white good/evil, and also completely devoid of anything good (Read: playable) coming from that system.

One of the biggest problems people have continually had with TES, even shootan game players who have never played an rpg before, just xbox games.

"How come the guards magically know when I did a crime, but nobody magically remembers when I really obviously was an assassin a minute ago, killin that mage dude who used to be in this room?"
PsychoSniper2
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

johnnygothisgun wrote:
im strangely curious to see what sort of middle school logic they use to justify the brotherhood being in washington, dc

Theyre unable to make anything on their own so they steal from Fallout desu.
DaC-Sniper
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

sounds logical, Marcus could join you and after that you could kill the mutants in the help of the humans in Broken Hills, so icon_confused2 still they could make this in combination with the charisma, so if you have charisma 10 you can hire unlimited bad characters with bad charisma, etc.

Ho-key? Hokey.

Jump to:  

View next topic
View previous topic