Welcome Back to Fallout

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
DaC-Sniper
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Welcome Back to Fallout

Post by DaC-Sniper »

<strong>[ Person -> Article ]</strong> - More info on <a href="#Todd Howard">Person: Todd Howard</a> | More info on <a href="#Bethesda Softworks">Company: Bethesda Softworks</a> | More info on <a href="#Fallout 3">Game: Fallout 3</a><br><br><p>The new official website of <a target="_blank" href="http://fallout.bethsoft.com/">Fallout 3</a> has brought us many things, such as great forum <a target="blank" href="http://fallout.bethsoft.com/downloads/a ... avatars</a> and highresolution <a target="blank" href="http://fallout.bethsoft.com/downloads/w ... lpapers</a>.
Todd didn`t wanted to miss the opportunity and decided to say some heartwarming words to the Fallout (3) community in his article <strong>Welcome back to Fallout. </strong>In this article, he clarifies some informations, which were picked up by the press:</p>
<p><blockquote><p>If there's one thing I've learned over the years, it's that the information never gets out 100% correctly, and you will certainly never be quoted correctly. For the record, I never compared the violence in Fallout to <em>Jackass</em>, I compared it to <em>Kill Bill</em>…big difference. I also never said "fantasy is riding a horse and killing things," but oh well.</blockquote><br><blockquote>Yes, the game has toilets (just like…the real world), and if you want, you can drink out of them. That's a better solution than saying, "sorry player, you can drink all water types <em>but</em> this one." Don't confuse a preview mentioning toilets with what we're focused on.</blockquote></p>
<p>And many more:<br>
<blockquote><p>In many ways, it's the sequel to both games. It's our "next" RPG after Oblivion while also being <em>the sequel to one of the greatest games in the history of electronics.</em></blockquote><br>
<blockquote>If you know us, you know we work by a few key philosophies, and "reinvention" is one of them.</blockquote></p>
<p>Todd`s final words:<br>
<blockquote><p>Hopefully in another 10 years people will look back and say,<em> "Nope, they didn't screw it up."</em>
</blockquote></p>
<p> But o`well you should read it by yourself, <a target="blank" href="http://fallout.bethsoft.com/vault/diari ... <p>Spotted @ <a href="http://fallout.bethsoft.com">The Official Fallout 3 Website</a></p>
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

No words about the facts no community site were included in the links?
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

no making fun of him for calling it a diary instead of a journal?

The answer to your first question is shaddup.
DaC-Sniper
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by DaC-Sniper »

I received orders from Big Poppa, he doesn`t like to see fun in the news posts.
PsychoSniper4
SDF!
SDF!

Post by PsychoSniper4 »

DaC-Sniper wrote:I received orders from Big Poppa, he doesn`t like to see fun in the news posts.
I say do it anyway.

What do we have to loose ?
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

S4ur0n27 wrote:No words about the facts no community site were included in the links?
Didn't you get the memo? They're throwing out the old fanbase and getting a new one. A younger one with a shorter attention span.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
PsychoSniper4
SDF!
SDF!

Post by PsychoSniper4 »

Dogmeatlives wrote:
S4ur0n27 wrote:No words about the facts no community site were included in the links?
Didn't you get the memo? They're throwing out the old fanbase and getting a new one. A younger one with a shorter attention span.
yup
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

I'd be half tempted to use the carrier concept art as a background, if it weren't for those shitty HUGE FUCKING BLACK BORDERS that come with it.

Oh well.
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

Killzig wrote:no making fun of him for calling it a diary instead of a journal?
I thought 'developer's diary' is a fixed phrase,, at least over at gamepsy or or something like that.
DaC-Sniper wrote:I received orders from Big Poppa, he doesn`t like to see fun in the news posts.
ffs mate don't be such a pussy; a bit of irony directed at a smart person will make him smile. Oh wait we're talking Todd Howard..
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Cimmerian Nights »

Dogmeatlives wrote: Didn't you get the memo? They're throwing out the old fanbase and getting a new one. A younger one with a shorter attention span.
Like they did Daggerfall fans with MW, and MW fans with OB.

It's like Matthew McConaghey said in Dazed & Confused:
"That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age"

Todd Howard wrote:I also never said "fantasy is riding a horse and killing things," but oh well.
Either he's lying or Game Informer, the mag that was entrusted to do the exclusive OB and FO3 preview felatio-fests are full of shit.
Ausir
The Vault Overseer
The Vault Overseer

Post by Ausir »

Well, his point is that he was misquoted.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Why don't I give a fuck anymore? :?
DaC-Sniper
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by DaC-Sniper »

That is, what they want you to think.
Maximous
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Maximous »

Dogmeatlives wrote:

Thank God...because I didn't get the memo on that one.

We can't expect games to be more then "gun-effects" and "wonderful-scenery." That's right we can blow up Megatron---that single moral delema---I'll just loose sleep.
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

PiP wrote:I thought 'developer's diary' is a fixed phrase,, at least over at gamepsy or or something like that.
This ain't gamespy, boy. :chew:
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
Dreadnought
Devil times three go climb a tree
Devil times three go climb a tree

Post by Dreadnought »

:bored:
���������
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

what happened to that fake dac fansite. did it FAIL like everything else fallout has ever touched.
:chew:
Our Host!