Ok, some reasons to be worried

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Dreadnought
Devil times three go climb a tree

Post by Dreadnought »

not

���������
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

I don't believe in science
my vocabulary skills is above you.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Yeah, because science is knowledge. So believe what you want, cocksmoker.
���������
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

UR DED
my vocabulary skills is above you.
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

Ausir wrote:Well, IMHO the Enclave sending some people to Washington DC before the Oil Rig exploded or the Navarro survivors going there makes some sense because they're nationalist fucks. It defnitely makes more sense for them to go there than for the BoS.
why not call it what it is? lazy design.
Mechanurgist
Strider
Strider

Post by Mechanurgist »

Aonaran wrote:One thing I'm hearing alot on the official forums is "they say they've learned from their mistakes in Oblivion." What are they, fucking children? Who gives a piss if they have learned their lesson or not, it's their job to make a good games. If after Fallout 3 comes out I hear "they say they learned their lesson and I'm sure they'll pass it on from this game to the next" I'll shit. I assume when they say they learned their lesson from Oblivion they mean the same way the learned from Morrowind going into Oblivion, we all know how well that turned out.
Perhaps by the time Fallout 4 rolls around they'll be competent? Hope springs eternal!

I really don't know about this "lessons learned" thing; what I heard from many Morrowind/Elder Scrolls fans was that Oblivion was a step backward in terms of story, characters and experience even if had the l33test graphics around. They build the engine from scratch every time, so how exactly can they learn from experience if they start as newbies every time? They build their games for consoles now, so even if they know they're doing something that would be considered a mistake in the PC world, they'll ignore it because that's not their primary market.
Death: "Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me!"
fallout ranger
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by fallout ranger »

I hope it will be good, but, every day I come here that possibility seems to shrink.
does this work
frissy
Strider
Strider

Post by frissy »

It might be a "nice" game, but if they succeed as best they can it will be one of those 6-10h games that you play once and that's it.
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Philip K. Dick (1928 - 1982), Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
frissy
Strider
Strider

Post by frissy »

It might be a "nice" game, but if they succeed as best they can it will be one of those 6-10h games that you play once and that's it.
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Philip K. Dick (1928 - 1982), Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
Maximous
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Maximous »

What is pissing me off about FO3/aka FPS Oblvion with guns is the gameplay.

NO Fucking Turnbase.

Play Omega Syndrome....play a Turnbased game with 1990's graphics...you know what, it is FUCKING FUNNER THEN PLAY FUCKING OBLIVION!
Maximous
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Maximous »

Killzig wrote:
Ausir wrote:Well, IMHO the Enclave sending some people to Washington DC before the Oil Rig exploded or the Navarro survivors going there makes some sense because they're nationalist fucks. It defnitely makes more sense for them to go there than for the BoS.
FO3 has the WRONG
1. Story
2. Game play...not turnbased

Why call it FO3...call it Fallout/Oblivion
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Ghetto Goose wrote:If there were a remaining portion of the Enclave, they probably would be a little too busy to run a damn radio station.

"103.5 NCLV, Enclave Radio Station! The station that MEANS World Domination!"

WLRN
PsychoSniper4
SDF!
SDF!

Post by PsychoSniper4 »

Killzig wrote:
qfe
Caleb
Strider
Strider

Post by Caleb »

ok...bear with me on this...

lets say that they don't do turn based
lets say they don't give us even iso

so its first person.

what could redeem this? maybe truly multiple ways to complete a quest, based on your skills, stats, luck, and current position in the game. Maybe that bandit will let you into his town because you saved his daughter from rape in a different town? maybe you sneak up and knife a guard in the balls instead of activating vats. Maybe, even, there are(OMG) MULTIPLE ways to solve a quest and the npc's actually have continuity from area to area and realistic spread of news. no rumors bullshit. THEN at least it would be an rpg, even if it isn't traditional. There would be story, decent quests, etc.

But will they? Oh fucking hell now. They have no writers who've dealt w/ this world and it seems to them that fallout is a gory laughfest with no real plot. I had a personal contact on the rogue warrior team, and he said that the plot sounded ok...kind of like finding the waterchip. when i let him know the shit they're pulling he couldn't fucking believe it. it sounded like they had a decent game, but its over. theres no real hope.
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

Caleb wrote:what could redeem this?
They could add a free Realdoll 5000USD coupon to every copy of the game?
Serious Business.
Our Host!