Ok, some reasons to be worried

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by johnnygothisgun »

hey lets choose a new setting but try and bring back shit from the old setting that doesnt belong in the new setting, instead of just using the old setting
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Its funny how Bethesda keeps preaching that they are innovating and improving Fallout because they have better technology, resources, etc. but the game they are creating is missing some really great features of a game made a decade ago. It's simply dumbing down, not innovating.

The original designers could have INT affect conversation back in '97 but Bethesda is too innovative to be capable of doing so ten years later. Now that's next-gen!
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

VasikkA wrote:
Mr. T wrote:So no dumb dialogue,
I must say I disagree here; knowing Bethesda, dumb dialogue is a given.
qfe

but seriously, dialogue being fucked up is the most disappointing news for me so far D:
frissy
Strider
Strider

Post by frissy »

I'm with KoC on this one. Enclave could well be alive and kicking. It ain't even far fetched. Get some new material to whine about (shouldn't be too hard)

As for IN not affecting dialogue...err...wasn't this supposed to be based on SPECIAL...or was S.P.E.C.I.A.L just a cool name for attributes, not how they work...
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Philip K. Dick (1928 - 1982), Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

Well remember that in Fallout your Intelligence effects your dialog options. If you had an Int of 1, say, your only dialog options would be something like "Ugh ooga booga" whereas if you had a high Int, you'd be able to discuss temporal physics or something. In beth's game, every charcter, regardless of Int, has the same dialog options.
johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by johnnygothisgun »

sounds like we're going to be making some meaningful choices with serious consequences and loads of moral ambiguity B)
fallout ranger
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by fallout ranger »

They may have taken the FOT route and set it in a different time (between FO1, FO2).
does this work
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

fallout ranger wrote:They may have taken the FOT route and set it in a different time (between FO1, FO2).
It is set 30 years after Fallout 2.
Ozrat wrote:I haven't been so oppressed since prom in 9th grade.
popscythe
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by popscythe »

Brother None wrote:it is set 30 years after Fallout 2.

Which explains nuclear exploding cars, nuclear rocket launchers and a GTA radio station that follows you around despite the total lack of "in game" 50s music in any of the other Fallout games because having a motherfucking cheerful big bopper fucking radio following you around spills the douche all over the god damn wasteland and makes it smell like Koki's bedroom.

Which is exactly what Bethesda has been going for this whole time. Koki's bedroom: A post Oblivion xbox player reclamiation attempt.
"I've decided that if positive affirmations can "cure cancer" then negative affirmations can cause cancer. Chant with me: Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard."
PsychoSniper2
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by PsychoSniper2 »

Killzig wrote:
Brother None wrote:No, fact is that moving to the east coast only to rehash EVERY faction and creature in the originals without adding one original of your own is uninspired. Bethesda is keeping all the wrong things intact.
I have to agree completely. It's pretty dull that they've kept the BOS/ENCLAVE thing pretty much intact just on the east coast. Given how far down the time line and geographically isolated this area is from the events in Fallout 1/2 it's going to be huge fucking stretch to frame this whole thing (if they even bother to fill out the back-story). Plus, as you said, it's uninspired and zzzzz. Sticking with the superficial must be a design philosophy in that neck of the woods.

Agree 100%

This is just more reasons to know and say they lack and creativity or design skill
Ausir
The Vault Overseer
The Vault Overseer

Post by Ausir »

Well, IMHO the Enclave sending some people to Washington DC before the Oil Rig exploded or the Navarro survivors going there makes some sense because they're nationalist fucks. It defnitely makes more sense for them to go there than for the BoS.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

Like I said, the dialogue is my main concern. It's just one less way to play the game. I'm guessing dialogue based on your strength - people would treat you as a big bruiser with the right stats - is also out. But dumb dialogue, and intelligent responses, were one of Fallout's cool quirks.
DaC-Sniper
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by DaC-Sniper »

Mr. Teatime wrote:Like I said, the dialogue is my main concern.
my main concern is, the "bitches and slaves".
popscythe
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by popscythe »

DaC-Sniper wrote:my main concern is, the "bitches and slaves".
And yet here you are, kicking it in downtown slavebitchton
"I've decided that if positive affirmations can "cure cancer" then negative affirmations can cause cancer. Chant with me: Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard."
PsychoSniper2
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by PsychoSniper2 »

Im really not suprised tho, even tho I was still hoping to be wrong.

Games gona suck, accept it people.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

i think fallout 3 looks good.
:chew:
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

Fuck you, Megaton
Ozrat wrote:I haven't been so oppressed since prom in 9th grade.
PsychoSniper2
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by PsychoSniper2 »

Brother None wrote:Fuck you, Megaton
qfe
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

I don't find the grafix that great though. In-game characters and objects are mushy, just like in most console games. The draw distance seems to be very low; kinda like vanilla Oblivion. I guess that makes sense now that they decided to make a smaller empty gameworld. Even Infinity Engine games are prettier to look at.
Mechanurgist
Strider
Strider

Post by Mechanurgist »

Brother None wrote:No, fact is that moving to the east coast only to rehash EVERY faction and creature in the originals without adding one original of your own is uninspired. Bethesda is keeping all the wrong things intact.
Yes, there's a fine line between homage (good) and pastiche (bad). I think Bethesda crossed it a while back.

I don't want to see the Brotherhood of Steel and The Enclave whored out in a FPS game.

Didn't Bethy come up with any original background material?
Death: "Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me!"
Our Host!