Duck and Cover Forum Index


Use these links, buy stuff from Amazon and help us out, nubs. Link Translator
Amazon.com | Amazon.ca | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de | Fishpond.co.nz
  Duck and Cover  •  FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

 Support DAC!
 InsideGamer is suspicious about Fallout 3 View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topicReply to topic
Author Message
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator


Joined: 20 Dec 2003
Posts: 5103

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[ Game -> Preview ] - More info on Game: Fallout 3

Dutch gaming site InsideGamer has posted their preview of Fallout 3. Translated highlights:

Why then am I not ecstatic to now, finally, after all those years of messing around with the franchise, hear that a sequel is really in production? Well, call me mean or cynical, call me a hardcore Fallout fan, but I'm skeptical. Bethesda does not strike me as suited to do the job and so far they've only been reinforcing that opinion.

...

The majority of Fallout fans are not happy so far. The annoyance has gone so far that a large group of Fallout fans has started to make their own game which they dub the "true sequel." With their extraordinary weapons and slowmotion deathscenes, Bethesda is putting the emphasis heavily on action, which certainly was not the defining element of Fallout. With the teaser they showed that they can bring the atmosphere to life, and with that I hope they will listen more to the fans so that they can realize this quality in their game. Fall 2008 is long way away...

Read the whole thing (in Dutch) here.

Spotted @ No Mutants Allowed

View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
Cthulhugoat
Strider Elite
Strider Elite


Joined: 27 Dec 2005
Posts: 982
Location: Land of big butts

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Gotta be from the DAC/Codex/NMA circle.
View user's profileSend private message
PsychoSniper2
Vault Scion
Vault Scion


Joined: 04 Jul 2007
Posts: 200
Location: I am an idiot. Me likey guns.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

And translated.








Quote:
Fallout 3 (X360, PS3, PC.)
Impression | 5 July 2007 - this Article has been written by the guest writer Kevin Eyken. For this reason Kevin are real Fallout supporter and were a good candidate this write piece. Because he is large a supporter, this piece also something is longer than that you are normally of our accustomed. Nevertheless we think that this piece is interesting enough entirely read on. Much pleasure therefore!


Video: Teaser
video Bekijk the video
Postapocalyptische a world which finds its origin in the paranoïde fear for the cold war. With original Rpg-systemen mix that and incredibly much freedom, and you have Fallout. It is a truth cult classic, unknown at many, but for this reason not less well. More strongly still, it is one of the game best which I have ever played and there comes after ten years at last a full third part! Hoera! ... Hoera?

Fallout were separately, compare with other game time was not and that is it in fact still not. A game that in the buurt comes with regard to environment and set-up is Bioshock, but nevertheless is that for its part very differently. What makes Fallout then this way separate? Nou, particularly ' wildly the western ' environment of a doomed humanity in nuclear gesloopte world. A world which relies himself in the field of science and policy on the fifties, an era full fear for the cold war. In this world made you yourself a personage that you with regard to skills and could compose attributes entirely themselves, the options were schier infinite. You came from an underground bunker (kluis, for exact to be) technology sophisticated with which you and your voorouders have long protected already generations against the outside world and the radiatie. You had, however, to outside, the water chip was and without this chip the water in the kluis touched polluted. Therefore on to the horizon, on to a new water chip so that you and the other kluisbewoners their safe life underground can put!

And this way you were dumped in the world of Fallout: violently, relentlessly and radioactive. Than sand and a couple eroding bldg. much more were not there. If player not at all knew you what you stood wait, just like your personage. He was thus unknown with the world, these had got used underground live in luxuriously. Sanguinary bandits and giant scorpions of your afvechten were just as a complete ommezwaai. For this reason you one with your personage were, there was a symbiosis. It was jíj which stood there with its pootjes on the arid plain, was jíj which money stable from the pockets of unsuspecting junkies was, jíj which men, women, children and beings a number of made ball breaches richer. Such as Fallout but one... nou yes, part is two after then.

Why I then not total is it enraged gone now at last, after all those years of gemorrel around the deduction from pension ous paym, hearing that the continuation makes écht in is? Nou, but malicious or suspiciously, calls me calls me but hardcore Fallout-fan, but I am sceptical. Bethesda do not seem me suitable manage the klus and until now give them me more and more drove to think this. I will try explain it.


Fallout-fanaten are generally not very satisfied with the work of Bethesda, what comes because their game RPG's is total differently than the first two Fallout-delen. Where you make a personage in Fallout and play that gradually more and more will form itself and place in the world, you play on an anonymous krijger who speaks complete senses still no in Oblivion. The leuke to old Fallout-games are that correctly your actions pursue you, you build to a reputation where people will react always more often to. In my case was that frequently something in the recent development of Wait, I know you. You're a more chillily... a relentless bastard. Stay away from me. That came because I was rather generous with my balls and other forms of ammunition, especially direction children. But the impact stretches further, sometimes encounter you someone who wants take revenge or which starts ordinary right on you shoot. Also stipulates ' he who you are ' with he who you cannot go, however, and. If you have plugged a found oneself person, then it can be that certain people do not want know you simply. What puts Oblivion here compared with? That your reputation ensures that keepers say to keep an eye out for you "I'll."

A another important difference is freedom. Oblivion are open-ended a world, but with regard to freedom it keeps then actual, however. The tale line and the remaining quests have been all outlined for your, you have in this total no freedom. You can choose only ' how ' you fight (with magic, grof violence or more stealthy), but further state everything nearly fixed. In postapocalyptische the world of Fallout you can carry all kinds of solutions by situation. The borough Junktown: there are two key characters which it cannot find a citizen master and a casino boss with each other. You the citizen master can help criminal to find proof against the casinoknakker, you can do this and then the citizen master to betray, you can do this last and then the casino boss to betray or you does it all and bangs eventually everyone. That last I did generally to the next city belong Hey, you killed Killian and Gizmo right? We could use someone like you... That type moments is not there in Oblivion, the feeling of a really existing person to be misses a beetje. Do not understand me found oneself, I find it a nice game, already it was but because you can this way deliciously niksen in the world of Cyrodiil (and because the Dark Brotherhood ordinary tof are). But nevertheless, I would give the eight instead of negens it and tienen which give away recensenten, as RPG not come up to the mark it simply in my opinion.

And then the present, what does Bethesda with the licentie? The teaser were for the fans promising and each scepticus got nevertheless secretly the feeling of "weet you... this is possible still best once complete well becomes." That came by a number of elements. First was music, the vijftiger years music played by The Ink derisions. In the original Fallout the makers the number ' Maybe ' had used derisions of The Ink because they could not get the licentie of a another number. That number is called ' I Don't because to set to the World on Fire ', many fans advised this on the official forum of Bethesda as a new intro number. It is this song that in the teaser is used. Moreover was also the person in the harnas important, this harnas was the zogehete ' Power Armor ' of the Brotherhood or stalk, and it saw ordinary tof. And if slap on the fire arrow dé quote, by Ron Perlman:"War had been spoken. War never changes. It was but teaser and you became by it in fact nothing indicator but wauw... what teaser. Them had to catch environment apparently nevertheless, therefore I went there from that it in any case as much as a beetje well came.


The leaked scans a this ' beetje ' blown of the booklet game Informer to express it but gently. By those teaser I thought nevertheless real that it would come well, but now I am this way sceptical such as I started. What goes there then all wrong? If you ask me it much. To start leave the developers know that in first - or third-person the game to play. The environment of Fallout reached this way well its right because you examined it of above, thereby come that the fighting system of originally the topdown view required also. But also the manner of becomes fight differently. No longer it will twist to dose your points well and the correct action to commit at the correct moments, it a new system is in which they have processed realtime. The old system whole has nearly disappeared.

What I not at all to stand find, am the super mutant which is to see on the scans, a type resident Evil-achtig thing that nothing have of the original super mutant. Now weet I that this sounds as miereneukerij, but put you for, buy A confessed of Mario-games are all of a sudden changed in mutant tortoises with sharp claws and biceps muscle where you say you against. And that by another developer. Thus it lies litteral, the super mutant is, as it happens, a race from the old games which had certain properties and a certain appearance, which was entirely elaborated and even complete in-game texts concerning had been written there which you could read. All that is in one go wiped out because the game needs according to the makers (apparently) renewal. I hope sincerely that this mutant gets a new jacket, or said better, old but complete beautiful.

In the game Informer can further it read that surviving more comes hold a prominent place in part 3. of this resounded me then if music in the ears, "a beetje is possible renewal none angry as long as this does not damage the old concept." Well and drink food zoeken important will become, but much have been of course poisoned by the radiatie, thus you must weigh well what you do not eat, however, and. Sounded good, until wc-potten started them concerning. There you thus from are able drink, with knowledge that water ietwat be polluted. Tip: from secular wc-potten drink is never malignant since water stands still rather what produces deadly sicknesses. Does not seem me skilful if you want ' survive '. And spoken concerning survival, a new weapon was proudly shown: The Fatman. It a portable nuclear catapult is. I make no geintje, a nuclear catapult. Therefore it one moment talk bullshit we concerning radiatie avoid and survive, next catching we kraterknaller to the surroundings a new giving look.


Furthermore it was confessed made that the world will be smaller than those of Oblivion, but that they do this the personages more give load water-line and to be able give the world complete. Also this finds I jammer, I had rather seen the old system of a world card on which you travel to see the splendid locations at the destination himself. The feeling of travel and underway is were very important for Fallout. And also I, read something of which I hope that the real good comes: violence. Bethesda told pride that headshots and from each other banging head in slowmotion are shown. But what concerns children its them not yet entirely. Them there will be, however, but or they could be assassinated knew them not yet certain. In originally there were no borders. I banged prostitutes after the action to pinch this way my money. I put C4 in the trousers of a child to see splashing it ten tellen later from each other. Fallout none knew form of censure: drugs, sex, alcohol, each form of violence, the zat. That made it this way grim and loads with moral questions. I want no censure on a title which twists for freedom and possibilities.

Of course there are also good bulletins. Bethesda emphasise that it concerns especially environment and personages. The world becomes smaller because people then more load water-line will therefore be get, their intention certain good. And they have in any case, however, understood original with regard to morality and ethics, which there was not actual. Well and badly meant also there nothing, everything one grey waas was and imposes to Bethesda the emphasis. They only speak concerning these elements as if them fantastic features are those medals deserve, whereas it simply Fallout-standaard are. Natúúrlijk have the personages load water-line, natúúrlijk is there none well or angry, natúúrlijk it a violent world is... differently is it Fallout also no.

The majority of Fallout-fans are not glad so far. The hekel goes even up to that point that to their own game that they has group started a large fans the ' real continuation ' call. Bethesda lay with their particular weapons and slowmotion dying scenes the emphasis a lot on action, what was not certainly a characteristic facet of Fallout. With the teaser they have shown that they can bring environment certainly, however, to life, I hopes for this reason that is it more listened to the fans so that they can realise this quality also in their game. Autumn 2008 is still far gone...
View user's profileSend private message
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member


Joined: 01 Jun 2002
Posts: 15139
Location: Villeray

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

wrote:
jíj, natúúrlijk, hekel


good job
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerICQ Number
Mechanurgist
Strider
Strider


Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 735
Location: Liminal State 2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That's...translated? I'll have a double helping of logorrhea with my fallout review, thanks.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
PsychoSniper2
Vault Scion
Vault Scion


Joined: 04 Jul 2007
Posts: 200
Location: I am an idiot. Me likey guns.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Mechanurgist wrote:
That's...translated?


http://babelfish.altavista.com/
View user's profileSend private message
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna


Joined: 15 Jun 2002
Posts: 8711

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

King of Creation wrote:
The annoyance has
gone so far that a large group of Fallout fans has started to make
their own game which they dub the "true sequel."

rofl

Good luck with dat.
View user's profileSend private message
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator


Joined: 20 Dec 2003
Posts: 5103

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's called Wasteland Merc.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert


Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 1687
Location: Far north

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Come on you dutch hobos. Dont let psycho mess up a reasonably good article. icon_anger
View user's profileSend private message
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity


Joined: 18 Apr 2003
Posts: 5025
Location: Brighton beach

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

King of Creation wrote:
call me a hardcore Fallout
fan,
now 'Fallout fan' oficially stands for 'a mean and cynical bastard' icon_dance
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website
PsychoSniper2
Vault Scion
Vault Scion


Joined: 04 Jul 2007
Posts: 200
Location: I am an idiot. Me likey guns.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

PiP wrote:
King of Creation wrote:
call me a hardcore Fallout
fan,
now 'Fallout fan' oficially stands for 'a mean and cynical bastard' icon_dance


Isnt that what glittering gem of hatred means ?
View user's profileSend private message
Mechanurgist
Strider
Strider


Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 735
Location: Liminal State 2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Superhaze wrote:
Come on you dutch hobos. Dont let psycho mess up a reasonably good article. icon_anger

Yeah, he probably added all kinds of stuff that wasn't there in the first place.

Quote:
That came because I was rather generous with my balls and other forms of ammunition, especially direction children.


That's...err, well...umm. I don't quite remember pedophilia in the original Fallouts. Was that a subquest in Modoc? Or maybe Dreadnought rewrote it.


Quote:
You came from an underground bunker (kluis, for exact to be)


That's quite exact.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere


Joined: 19 Aug 2003
Posts: 2550

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Flying Dutchman, let's board and level Bethesda HQ pirate

Eh, whatever. Everyone will just call him dumb fallout fan and move on. Props to the dude for going against the current in a public medium.
View user's profileSend private message
Display posts from previous:      
Post new topicReply to topic


Jump to:  



View next topic
View previous topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group