Interplay Facing Bankruptcy Again

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Interplay Facing Bankruptcy Again

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

<strong>[ Company -> Update ]</strong>

<p>Remeber how a few years ago Interplay was beginning to get its gears rolling again with the start of the Fallout MMORPG and the hiring of some of those old Fallout developers? Well it looks like they are failing again and at an even more hilarous way;</p>
<p style="padding-left: 30px;"><em>"For the year ending December 31, 2010, Interplay's net loss was approximately $1.034 million on revenues of $1.380 million, bringing its working capital deficit to $2.877 million. Interplay also has no new sources of credit to address its lack of cash on hand, which stood at just <em>$3,000</em> at year's end. As a result, the company is on extremely shaky financial ground and acknowledged as much in documents filed with the <a href="http://sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1057 ... 123110.htm" target="new">Securities and Exchange Commission</a>."</em></p>
<p>I wonder if Herve will finally give up or continue to try innovative ideas to keep Interplay a float. You can read the full news article <a href="http://www.gamespot.com/news/6316276/fa ... <p>Spotted @ <a href="http://www.gamespot.com">Gamespot</a></p>
ardvark1
SDF!
SDF!

big trouble in little iply

Post by ardvark1 »

and just to make things worse, they just posted their 10-Q for the 1st quarter of 2011 on june 17th and they continue to bleed badly, reporting more losses in the 300k range bringing their total deficit up to 3.1million and no prospects. i suspect a final decision about their future may be forthcoming after their board meeting on june 30th. personal opinion is, put a fork in them, they're done. they tried to cash in on bethesda's success with fo3 and fo:nv and failed.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

golf clubs?
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

perhaps an "adoring" fan?

Post by Tofu Man »

ardvark1 wrote:big trouble in little iply
Is Blargh now up to multiple accounts? Thought it was just multiple personalities.
ardvark1
SDF!
SDF!

Post by ardvark1 »

huh? who the hell is blargh? and why would you think i'm that guy? :censored:
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

like in all spiritual societies the babies are examined for signs of tails, crusty exterior organs, patterned dermatological distress and other shit in case teh great beast in reinacrnated. a beast with a thousand heads and a thousand eyes and a thousand teeth and nothing else, just a shit load of heads. youd have thought theyd be able to tell that just by looking at a frikkin baby but, its best to check in case probably.

*strums electric guitar* this is a song i wrote to the tune of my way b y limp bizkit

ITS TIME TO DO THINGS MY WAY
ITS MY WAY
MY WAY OR INTERPLAY

SOME DAY YOULL SEE THINGS MY WAY
CHECK-CHECK OUT MY HIGHWAY.
:chew:
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Guy has no experience with forums and is otherwise ignorant of the gaming culture. :drunk:
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

Fellow Dackers lets pull together lets say about a million bucks and purchase Interplay. :dance:
SenisterDenister

We could never wrestle it from Herve Caen. That would be a bloody affair the likes of which would never be seen again, and I don't think DAC has enough soldiers to fight that battle.
gobbleykins
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by gobbleykins »

Megatron wrote:like in all spiritual societies the babies are examined for signs of tails, crusty exterior organs, patterned dermatological distress and other shit in case teh great beast in reinacrnated. a beast with a thousand heads and a thousand eyes and a thousand teeth and nothing else, just a shit load of heads. youd have thought theyd be able to tell that just by looking at a frikkin baby but, its best to check in case probably.
I always thought the antichrist was already born, maybe he's a snotty pre-teen or something. He was never older or the same age as me. I've often wondered what it'd be like growing up as the antichrist these days. Maybe he's a junkie in LA who "no one understands."
SenisterDenister

Lucy: Daughter of the Devil did a fair representation of it, I think.
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Yonmanc »

rad resistance wrote:Fellow Dackers lets pull together lets say about a million bucks and purchase Interplay. :dance:
I don't want to own any part of Interplay.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Would doing so give us the leeway to turn FO 1-2-Tactics source code into open property?
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

Manoil wrote:Would doing so give us the leeway to finish Van Balsak and then release versions of 1-2 in the same 3d engine (along with an editor)?
Much more interesting, no?
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Yonmanc wrote:
rad resistance wrote:Fellow Dackers lets pull together lets say about a million bucks and purchase Interplay. :dance:
I don't want to own any part of Interplay.
If Herve has taught me anything, it's that when it comes to Interplay it's not really "ownership" as much as "subjugation." Also "denial." Lots...and lots of denial.
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

Hmm, I suppose I could subjugate a few shares and then deny I have shares, it's perfect come to think of it!

Guys, I swear I don't own any Interplay, these lawsuits mean nothing!
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

Some arab from Dubai is properly gonna bye Interplay so he can add it to his collection of defunt businesses.
Cow Cud is a twin.
gobbleykins
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by gobbleykins »

rad resistance wrote:Some arab from Dubai is properly gonna bye Interplay so he can add it to his collection of defunt businesses.
and then he'll hack our dac emails for a spam email list and then hotmail users will get emails akin to this: "hello my name abu shirab and i am arabian prince. i would you like to buy this fallout engine please send me several monies to complete transaction." and no doubt some or most of Americans would respond to this email sending money through a paypal account or something. except retlaw, cause he reads this site, and any other americans that frequent this site, though I may not know who you are.

on the plus side, if my projected future happens, dac may actually get spam bots about Fallout rather than golf clubs (hurray).
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

The only foreigner I send money to over the internet is Gobbleykins' mother, and that's for services rendered.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

bubblykins wrote:except retlaw, cause he reads this site, and any other americans that frequent this site
waitwat? walter reads other americans? and canada's now its own continent? mind->blown
Our Host!