Fallout 3 Previews Galore!

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

I left the statement general because I wanted it general smartass :chuckel:
dontworry
SDF!
SDF!

Post by dontworry »

ok. i feel better about the game after reading the previews.

but there's still something missing. 'cause feeling better is just very relative. like there should be an option "did you feel fallout 3 will be horrible and now (after reading the reviews) think fallout 3 will not be *that* horrible".

i'd click that. it all now sounds a bit more "fallout-y" than i imagined. and i'm an optimist.

the only thing i still miss is an article comparing marketing of fallout 3 and starcraft 2: both being anticipated really long; both with completely new dev-teams. the one is being introduced far into production with gameplay-videos and then weekly updates on features. and yes, a homepage. with no release date given. the other via bad artworks, an cinematic teaser and a big press release on one voice actor. but with a release date (which i doubt strongly to hold). and yes, a homepage, but with just the teaser and a link to the forums.

and about all those stuff i'm now feeling better about. i don't care that much about view, i'm just a bit offset, that noone even *asked* if movement through mouse will be possible; and i never gave much hope for combat. the thing i hold most important is special and the quests. how all this will function, how much rpg will be possible (hey, completing a bethesda game without one fight - ever thought bout this?). and yea, the previews made me optimistic (errrrr...less pessimistic).

the problem? after oblivion, bethesda ain't got the best reputation about keeping to their promises. or if so, then very relative.

and yea, to bethesda's defense. i liked playing morrowind a lot. a fps with a sword just was something new for me then.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I liked how someone from gamespy said the guy in power armor in the trailer was voiced by Ron Perlmon. It was quite hilarous because they were doing those reflection type things and how they were all like "omg i loved fallout" and messing up on something so simple.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
PsychoSniper2
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by PsychoSniper2 »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:I liked how someone from gamespy said the guy in power armor in the trailer was voiced by Ron Perlmon. It was quite hilarous because they were doing those reflection type things and how they were all like "omg i loved fallout" and messing up on something so simple.
Gayspy, even amongst gaming press, is full of shit.
Urizen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Urizen »

http://bethblog.com/?p=119
mebbe add this to the story, cock?
you don't mind that i call you cock, do you? :)
Our Host!