Game Informer Q&A Leaked

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

Brother None wrote:Yeah, saw this a while ago, never posted it because my original post on NMA covered most of it anyway, and I don't want to provoke GI further.

Though with the scans *still* being available on sites like Kotaku, and now this, I'm starting to get a little pissed off that we're apparently the only ones that deserve being threatened with legal action.
counter-sue those swell guy for coercion, threatening freedom of the press and sexual assault
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

Fallout 1 didn't have a car and the traveling area was still large.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

SuperH wrote:Fallout 1 didn't have a car and the traveling area was still large.
Well yea, but that's because we had a handy map screen. Imagine having to travel all that distance on foot without the aid of that "overworld" map screen- not nearly so fun.
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

"Saw a radscorpion the other day"
aries100
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by aries100 »

Brother None wrote:Yeah, saw this a while ago, never posted it because my original post on NMA covered most of it anyway, and I don't want to provoke GI further.

Though with the scans *still* being available on sites like Kotaku, and now this, I'm starting to get a little pissed off that we're apparently the only ones that deserve being threatened with legal action.
Yes, it does make you wonder, doesn't it. It looks like they've
:censored: you good. (for not being in agreement, I think. And I can't tell or say how much that makes me want to --- ].

Or maybe, there's a perfectly good explanation for NMA being asked to take down the screens: NMA posted them before the magazine was even out, which meant potential loss to Game Informer. Other sites like Gamespot etc. did post the scans (afaik) after the GI magazine was out, thus not causing a potential revenue (income) loss to GI.

Or Bethesda just didn't like the negative word of mouth from the people at NMA, basically saying that their F3 game will be Oblivion with Gunz or another clone of Gears of War: The Fallout years.

On a somewhat related note, I have been posting my opinions in varius threads on the bethsoftforums as aries202. I hope all of you can read between the lines, I'm toying a very different line, as I basically agree with NMA and D&C about F3, but may tone this down a bit over at the BGSF boards. (for obvious reasons...) I don't like doing this, but I feel
it is somewhat necessary.
Slaughter_Manslaught
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Slaughter_Manslaught »

aries100 wrote:

Yes, it does make you wonder, doesn't it. It looks like they've
:censored: you good. (for not being in agreement, I think. And I can't tell or say how much that makes me want to --- ].

Or maybe, there's a perfectly good explanation for NMA being asked to take down the screens: NMA posted them before the magazine was even out, which meant potential loss to Game Informer. Other sites like Gamespot etc. did post the scans (afaik) after the GI magazine was out, thus not causing a potential revenue (income) loss to GI.

Or Bethesda just didn't like the negative word of mouth from the people at NMA, basically saying that their F3 game will be Oblivion with Gunz or another clone of Gears of War: The Fallout years.

On a somewhat related note, I have been posting my opinions in varius threads on the bethsoftforums as aries202. I hope all of you can read between the lines, I'm toying a very different line, as I basically agree with NMA and D&C about F3, but may tone this down a bit over at the BGSF boards. (for obvious reasons...) I don't like doing this, but I feel
it is somewhat necessary.
Hell, these scans were already translated for portuguese! These guys just want to FUCK with NMA!
Bring your daughter... to the Slaughter of Manslaught.
frissy
Strider
Strider

Post by frissy »

Ohh, no shit.
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Philip K. Dick (1928 - 1982), Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
Slaughter_Manslaught
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Slaughter_Manslaught »

You know, NMA and DAC could do much better if they waited until Brian Frago's Wasteland 2 turn just as EXACTLY AS WE WANT, and then turn into Wasteland Fan sites. Fallout is DEAD.
Bring your daughter... to the Slaughter of Manslaught.
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

"they’re trying to build multiple solutions into almost any quest or situation you encounter, and that using stealth and diplomacy were very useable routes to overcome different obstacles."
Ooh, just like Oblivion.
Our Host!