Duck and Cover Forum Index


Use these links, buy stuff from Amazon and help us out, nubs.
Amazon.com | Amazon.ca | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de
  Duck and Cover  •  FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

 Support DAC!
 Game Informer Q&A Leaked View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topicReply to topic
Author Message
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator


Joined: 20 Dec 2003
Posts: 5103

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[ Game -> Article ] - More info on Game: Fallout 3

The Game Informer Fallout 3 Q&A with Mark Miller has been leaked online. You can check the whole thing out here on the Gamespot UK forums. We got a little taste of it before, but this is the whole thing.

Thanks to Joffrey for the tip.

View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
[HpA]SniperPotato
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer


Joined: 17 Dec 2004
Posts: 520
Location: Everywhere and Nowhere

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank the heavens there are weird knobs on the guns.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
Cthulhugoat
Strider Elite
Strider Elite


Joined: 27 Dec 2005
Posts: 982
Location: Land of big butts

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

Q: How is the art style? Does it maintain the feel of the original games?

A: I’ll answer this with an example. In the opening minutes of the demo, I saw, the character is in a lab inside Vault 101. On a table beside him I spied a stimpak. This tiny object in the world was the first of many times in the game that I felt tiny twinges of nostalgia for how they’ve carried over individual objects and ideas from the original in the artistic presentation of the game. The post-WWII, Cold War feel of the franchise is very much intact, but Bethesda definitely has its own unique take on the art style. One big part of this art style is a focus on making everything in the game world have a purpose–when designing a new gun, the art team spends a lot of time making sure that if there is some weird knob on the weapon that there is a reason for it to be there. They’re hoping to bring a certain level of authenticity to the game world in this way.


Cold what? Hot damn, that's Hervean!

Quote:

Q: I’ve never played Fallout. What can you tell me about the history of the franchise?

A: Well, there are plenty of places online that can help you learn more about both the story of the game world and the making of those games. For a quick overview, you might be interested in the two-page article we did on this subject just a few months ago in our Classic GI section of the magazine, (May issue, #169, Grand Theft Auto IV on the cover).


That article says rat shit about the previous games.
View user's profileSend private message
Dreadnought
I lied
I lied


Joined: 09 May 2007
Posts: 4003

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Q: Are there vehicles in the game?

A: There’s plenty of vehicles visible in the game world, but it doesn’t look like you’ll be driving any of them.

WTF?!!!
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member


Joined: 01 Jun 2002
Posts: 15135
Location: Motherfucking Plateau

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dreadnought wrote:
Q: Are there vehicles in the game?

A: There’s plenty of vehicles visible in the game world, but it doesn’t look like you’ll be driving any of them.

WTF?!!!


Who gives a shit?
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerICQ Number
frissy
Strider
Strider


Joined: 14 Jul 2002
Posts: 717
Location: Finland, shit it's cold.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Knobs on the guns...Hell i was modelling the laser rifle a while back (can be see on nma gallery) and that bloody thing only had knobs and such that didn't make sense! Then again, where can I get my Laser Rifle now?

"oohh...this knob will be....err...it's comingg.....eer... RAY INTENSITY ADJUSTER! Yeah, that's good. So, the other knob..."
View user's profileSend private message
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member


Joined: 15 Mar 2003
Posts: 5171
Location: La Grange, Kentucky

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Who gives a shit?

Well I don't really, but it is indicative of one thing - the game area is gonna be pretty small, or atleast that's what that tells me. Since everything is on foot, it'd take forever to travel from one point to another and something tells me that they're not gonna have a travel screen so without vehicles of any sort, the game is confined to a reasonable stretch that can be traveled FAIRLY quickly by foot.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
frissy
Strider
Strider


Joined: 14 Jul 2002
Posts: 717
Location: Finland, shit it's cold.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Even faster on a donky, plus can you pimp it.
View user's profileSend private message
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member


Joined: 15 Mar 2003
Posts: 5171
Location: La Grange, Kentucky

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Pimp my ride easter egg.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere


Joined: 19 Aug 2003
Posts: 2550

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

NOS boost is the new horse armor aiee
View user's profileSend private message
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity


Joined: 18 Apr 2003
Posts: 5025
Location: Brighton beach

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

the most promising part so far:
"they’re trying to build multiple solutions into almost any quest or situation you encounter, and that using stealth and diplomacy were very useable routes to overcome different obstacles."

Now lets hope for dialogues better than "rumors?" tard
Wolfman Walt wrote:
Quote:
Who gives a shit?

Well I don't really, but it is indicative of one thing - the game area is gonna be pretty small, or atleast that's what that tells me. Since everything is on foot, it'd take forever to travel from one point to another and something tells me that they're not gonna have a travel screen so without vehicles of any sort, the game is confined to a reasonable stretch that can be traveled FAIRLY quickly by foot.
maybe he just meant that all the cars around look FUBAR, but you might come across the special one still working despite that.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert


Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 1687
Location: Far north

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
A: In short: no. Sure, Fallout 3 plays primarily from a first-person perspective like Oblivion, and conversations with NPCs use a similar style of dialogue tree,


Cocksuckers! Each and every one! Oblivion had a retarded dialogue "tree". It wassnt even a tree. A fucking straight line with no dialogue. You just made my list asshole(s)! :fuck!:
View user's profileSend private message
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member


Joined: 15 Mar 2003
Posts: 5171
Location: La Grange, Kentucky

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

PiP wrote:
he just meant that all the cars around look FUBAR, but you might come across the special one still working despite that.


Wishful thinking, but he said specifically that he doubts you'll be driving one. Still, I suppose there's the SLIGHT off chance he's wrong/lieing to us.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Dreadnought
I lied
I lied


Joined: 09 May 2007
Posts: 4003

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's gonna be like in Half Life 2. A quest involving a car, but not giving you the option to keep it afterwards.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity


Joined: 18 Apr 2003
Posts: 5025
Location: Brighton beach

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wolfman Walt wrote:
PiP wrote:
he just meant that all the cars around look FUBAR, but you might come across the special one still working despite that.


Wishful thinking, but he said specifically that he doubts you'll be driving one. Still, I suppose there's the SLIGHT off chance he's wrong/lieing to us.

still better than scores of drivable cars around - this way scarcity of resources is accounted for.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert


Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 1687
Location: Far north

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Fuck the cars. Fallout it shot it both legs by some
fuckers who want to earn lots of reichmarks. If
you get a car, there will be a car-chase or some
lame shit like that.
View user's profileSend private message
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider


Joined: 09 Jul 2003
Posts: 825
Location: Rotterdam, the Netherlands

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, saw this a while ago, never posted it because my original post on NMA covered most of it anyway, and I don't want to provoke GI further.

Though with the scans *still* being available on sites like Kotaku, and now this, I'm starting to get a little pissed off that we're apparently the only ones that deserve being threatened with legal action.
View user's profileSend private message
frissy
Strider
Strider


Joined: 14 Jul 2002
Posts: 717
Location: Finland, shit it's cold.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's their way of caring
View user's profileSend private message
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity


Joined: 18 Apr 2003
Posts: 5025
Location: Brighton beach

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Brother None wrote:
Yeah, saw this a while ago, never posted it because my original post on NMA covered most of it anyway, and I don't want to provoke GI further.

Though with the scans *still* being available on sites like Kotaku, and now this, I'm starting to get a little pissed off that we're apparently the only ones that deserve being threatened with legal action.
no need for modesty here Kharn, this should make you feel special and, like, important icon_chuckel
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website
frissy
Strider
Strider


Joined: 14 Jul 2002
Posts: 717
Location: Finland, shit it's cold.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

PiP wrote:
Brother None wrote:
Yeah, saw this a while ago, never posted it because my original post on NMA covered most of it anyway, and I don't want to provoke GI further.

Though with the scans *still* being available on sites like Kotaku, and now this, I'm starting to get a little pissed off that we're apparently the only ones that deserve being threatened with legal action.
no need for modesty here Kharn, this should make you feel special and, like, important icon_chuckel


chaindeath
View user's profileSend private message
Display posts from previous:      
Post new topicReply to topic


Jump to:  



View next topic
View previous topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group