Fargo Confirms It!

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Cimmerian Nights »

DaC-Sniper wrote:Okay, niggas, it`s time to turn this homepage to a Wasteland fanpage.
This would mean, i am optimistic, after seeing the fiasco with Fallout 3.
Fallout3, you're nothing to me now. You're not a brother, you're not a friend. I don't want to know you, or what you do. I don't want to see you at the hotels, I don't want you near my house. When you come to visit our mother, I want to know a day in advance, so I won't be there.
You can't argue with a good blow job -George Carlin
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

FO3 ain't no houllebecq girl :jerk:
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

Please don't give it the same treatment you did The Bard's Tale.
aries100
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by aries100 »

Mad Max RW wrote:Please don't give it the same treatment you did The Bard's Tale.
I don't think Fargo will do this as he mentioned that the (new) Bard's tale was a spoof game, meant to be taken lightly and with tons of humour. Unfortunately, the humour in the (new) Bard's tale wasn't that great...

Hopefully, we will get a good oldschool game...
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

Ryno approves.
philowar
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by philowar »

Here's hoping we'll soon have something to focus on other than FO3 (R.I.P.)
Seriously, I think Fargo is old enough and wise enough that he will deliver the exactly what the fans want (Bard's Tale notwithstanding). The guy is old school. I played Wasteland on my Commodore 64 for chrissakes. He is not T.Howard. I feel he is making this announcement right now because he knows that everyone is really pissed and disappointed about FO3, and so he's saying, "Don't worry. You'll have something to look forward to soon."
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

I played Bards Tale for an hour. Entire game really did feel like a joke. It wasnt boring but it was as serious as New reno in fallout 2.
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

unfortunately, bard's tale (the new one) was such a letdown. I only bore it for about 2 minutes.
Last edited by PiP on Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

I never played the original, so I had no expectations. It was your average action-RPG, funny that the camera always staid directly above the hero, though D: It wasn't anything special, nothing horrific either, though.
RGE
SDF!
SDF!

Re: Fargo Confirms It!

Post by RGE »

Brian Fargo wrote:I am indeed looking into bringing back the game that spawned the Fallout series. Stay tuned....
I assume this means that he's trying to get someone to finance the game while still retaining crucial oldschool qualities, and that it's not been happening since he got hold of the license back in 2003. Maybe someone is working on design such as quests and dialogue, skills and other stats, without an engine? That stuff seems relatively inexpensive and system independent compared to graphics and programming, and it'd be ready to go whenever the real money is availible.

The original game seems like something that could be created as an indie project though, so I'm guessing that a lack of funds wouldn't hold it back if it's going to be that oldschool. But it might still take a long time to make I suppose.
LoneGunman
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by LoneGunman »

TelemachusSneezed wrote:"Next gen action adventure game"?
Ffs, why do they all have to be next-gen? Why cant someone develop "current-gen" games, or even "Pre-gen" games that everybody knows is the stuff!

It is indeed a crappy age to be a gamer in!
DaC-Sniper
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by DaC-Sniper »

RGE wrote:
Brian Fargo wrote:I am indeed looking into bringing back the game that spawned the Fallout series. Stay tuned....
I assume this means that he's trying to get someone to finance the game while still retaining crucial oldschool qualities, and that it's not been happening since he got hold of the license back in 2003. Maybe someone is working on design such as quests and dialogue, skills and other stats, without an engine? That stuff seems relatively inexpensive and system independent compared to graphics and programming, and it'd be ready to go whenever the real money is availible.

The original game seems like something that could be created as an indie project though, so I'm guessing that a lack of funds wouldn't hold it back if it's going to be that oldschool. But it might still take a long time to make I suppose.
Yeah, this would mean if he hasn`t started developing the game, it could be released in 2009/10 or something, where the development costs will be high as shit, but i guess, they first need to show that they can make good nextgen games with Hei$t untill they can convince publishers for that RPG. I think Dropship by a former ex-Troika member is more promising, i hope the release will be more than just a alpha tech demo.
Our games will appeal to anyone who loved games like Fallout, X-Com and Arcanum.
http://www.laidback-gaming.com/

Glimmers of hope.
Cthulhugoat
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Cthulhugoat »

DaC-Sniper wrote:
Our games will appeal to anyone who loved games like Fallout, X-Com and Arcanum.
http://www.laidback-gaming.com/

Glimmers of hope.
Indeed. Our newsposters better be watching out for it.
grenadier33
SDF!
SDF!

Post by grenadier33 »

Fargo's The Bard's Tale wasn't a sequel nor had it anything to do with the originals Bard's Tale, it was named the same because of some legal loophole apparently.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

cool
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

LIES
sarge112