RPG Codex summarises FO3

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
aries100
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by aries100 »

PsychoSnipers wrote:FO3 is fucked either way, why not make the life of one of tis producers annoying ?

and yes I DO know that it is his PERSONAL blog, hence why Im so eager to defile it.
WHY??

It won't do you any good, nor will do it ASH any good. Some people need to think about that Ash's blog is read by mother and his children. Please show some consideration for other people. You can bitch all you want about the game here or on NMA..
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

Wastelanded til further notice. Trying to screw with someone's personal blog to make his life annoying - you do that simply by posting :)
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

Mr. Teatime wrote:
You're an idiot. I generally don't advocate banning, but there might be a special case here.
you should have listened.... we all told you so quite some time ago.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

I did listen, and I knew for myself. But as I said, I'm generally against banning/asshatting. But this particular spate of verbal excrement was the final straw.
talesfromthecrypt
SDF!
SDF!

Post by talesfromthecrypt »

Mad Max RW wrote:I vote we ban any Bethesda devs from the forums along with people who remain "cautiously optimistic."
The revolution is here... :che:
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

The title of this news post is spelled wrong. It's summarizes, not summarises.

Anyway, I don't see what all the fuss is about. You guys have been complaining that the original Fallouts weren't action-packed enough and now everyone is complaining it's too action-packed. Honestly, who doesn't want to play Fallout with Resident Evil gameplay. I'm so excited for this game. Fallout 3 and Mario Galaxy are the only two games I can look forward to.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

Dogmeatlives wrote:Honestly, who doesn't want to play Fallout with Resident Evil gameplay.
me? Resident Evil is dog shit. Only dirty tiny dicked chinks like that gimped style of shooter. You must be a dirty tiny dicked chink.
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

Mad Max RW wrote:I vote we ban any Bethesda devs from the forums along with people who remain "cautiously optimistic."

It's obvious with yesterday's blacklisting of anything NMA at the Beth forums Fallout fans are not welcome. Well I say none of them are welcome here.
the man has a point! :pelvic_thrust:
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
Alexander
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Alexander »

Dogmeatlives wrote:The title of this news post is spelled wrong. It's summarizes, not summarises.

Anyway, I don't see what all the fuss is about.
Ever heard of british spelling, Mr. Smartpanties??

You got some fuss in your hair.
There are no 'knowns'. There are thing we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know. So when we do the best we can and we pull all this information together, and we then say well that's basically what we see as the situation, that is really only the known knowns and the known unknowns. And each year, we discover a few more of those unknown unknowns.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Killzig wrote:
Dogmeatlives wrote:Honestly, who doesn't want to play Fallout with Resident Evil gameplay.
me? Resident Evil is dog shit. Only dirty tiny dicked chinks like that gimped style of shooter. You must be a dirty tiny dicked chink.

Hey man, RE4 was kickass when I played it and shouldn't be in the same category of crap like the others in the series.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

I was kidding by the way.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Alexander
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Alexander »

I thought Nicolai already banned and deleted every beth dev along with Psycho and Drednot...
Dogmeatlives wrote:I was kidding by the way.
Well, I wasn't. Seriously, you got some fuss in your hair... and that spelling is veritably British.
There are no 'knowns'. There are thing we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know. So when we do the best we can and we pull all this information together, and we then say well that's basically what we see as the situation, that is really only the known knowns and the known unknowns. And each year, we discover a few more of those unknown unknowns.
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

that's not fuss. :chew:

and pooper, I didn't know you were asian?
frissy
Strider
Strider

Post by frissy »

I just love seeing idiots criticise things and they themself fuck up the critic... "Takes a few years to get the juices flowing..."

Can't those people who know the games inside out do the chatting, otherwise it just becomes bullshit. We should get Rosh to shovel it up their rectums. I'm not so much keen on the info, but I would love to see Rosh go all foamy in the mouth start his thing.
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Philip K. Dick (1928 - 1982), Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

...and then I turned the gas on! :lol:
frissy
Strider
Strider

Post by frissy »

:evil_laugh:

But seriously. RPG Codex dude whines about Bethesda making setting errors and anybody, I mean anybody who has played Fallout 2 knows what Marcus said. What did he say? Something that doesn't fuck up that particular whine-topic about the setting. Everything else is decent, but please...pretty please for the community. Don't do fuck-ups like that against Beth.

That's why I love Rosh. He doesn't do mistakes, He might (just might) understand certain things in Roshian way, but he never fuck-ups his facts. Might have something to do with his condition, but hey...we have the gas for that.

If you wanna buttfuck Beth, be sure it doesn't have the oppoturnity to stick a weener into your hole-of-the-holy.

VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

frissy wrote:That's why I love Rosh. He doesn't do mistakes, He might (just might) understand certain things in Roshian way, but he never fuck-ups his facts. Might have something to do with his condition, but hey...we have the gas for that.
Fact or not, that's irrelevant; Rosh substitutes your reality with his own.
frissy
Strider
Strider

Post by frissy »

:anger:

Then again, I like Mythbusters more than Ben & Teller so I can live with that. :bored:

Julius_Sneezer
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Julius_Sneezer »

There's not going to be much story behind it I think, hack and slash with not much interaction between npcs and settlements.

One of the designers said he only played Fallout 1 for a hour or two. If the most of the designers are the same, then it won't resemble Fallout 1, they should probably rename it.
VDweller
Regular
Regular

Post by VDweller »

frissy wrote::evil_laugh:

But seriously. RPG Codex dude whines...
?
... about Bethesda making setting errors and anybody, I mean anybody who has played Fallout 2 knows what Marcus said. What did he say? Something that doesn't fuck up that particular whine-topic about the setting. Everything else is decent, but please...pretty please for the community. Don't do fuck-ups like that against Beth.
a) There were a lot of dumb things in Fallout 2 that contradicted what the first game has established or simply didn't fit the setting, like the talking deathclaws.

b) Even Fallout Tactics developers have accepted the "supermutants are sterile" concept, mentioning both the mutants and the Brotherhood's unsuccessful attempts to cure the mutants' sterility.

c) From the Fallout Bible:

Does FEV really cause sterility? In Fallout 1 it seemed like the answer was a resounding yes, and a number of reasons for this were given by Zax and Vree. But then in Fallout 2 after you take Marcus to the Cat's Paw he says "I hope she doesn't get pregnant" and says that the FEV doesn't make mutants go sterile, it just makes it take a few years "to get the juices flowing again". Moreoever, the deathclaws in Vault 13 were infected with FEV and yet they are able to reproduce. So, does the FEV cause sterility or not?

Answer:

FEV causes sterility in some creatures. FEV does cause sterility in super mutants and ghouls - Marcus' comment in New Reno was a joke only (and it was an inappropriate one, for which I apologize for). For other creatures, however, the FEV does not cause sterility - in fact, it may actually speed up their reproductive cycles (in tandem with potential drawbacks). Known species that can reproduce after being mutated with the FEV include most species of Giant rats, the mantises (who are known to have bred so fast they cover the Salt Lake City area like blankets), the radscorpions, and the deathclaws. This is only a partial list.

Overall, the mutants' sterility played a large role in the first game, providing a diplomatic solution to one of the final confrontations. It wasn't a minor, irrelevant fact that could be ignored or easily changed.
Our Host!