The Game Informer Article

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Mori
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Mori »

I don't get why people are upset about the super mutant. He's a big strangely coloured man weilding a car part. By the looks of his face he has the weird lip-strap of the old super mutants.
sah
SDF!
SDF!

Post by sah »

His face looks a bit different, less deformed and more generic.
Mori
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Mori »

I dunno, I always thought markus looked like he was from the muppetshow. I think them adding more variety to the FEV mutations looks interesting, like the big behemoth guy.
Ausir
The Vault Overseer
The Vault Overseer

Post by Ausir »

The Behemoth isn't that bad, but the mutant in the first screenshot is pretty crappy.
Dreadnought
Devil times three go climb a tree
Devil times three go climb a tree

Post by Dreadnought »

It's the fucking armor on his arms that makes it look like solid piss.
���������
DaC-Sniper
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by DaC-Sniper »

The behemoth and the mutant don`t look like they want to have a chat with the player.

i also feel kind of spoiled by that fucking magazine, they almost told everything about the tutorial, even that you get a BB gun as 10 year old boy, so where is the surprise, when i play it? i fear to have read more, than i ever wanted, GI is a shit.

edit2: i also blame NMA, they should have written that this article contains spoilers. :sadblinky:
Last edited by DaC-Sniper on Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by johnnygothisgun »

atoga wrote:i was under the impression that the world in oblivion was quite small though, can anyone clear up how big it was? 10 square miles or so?
not even close, way smaller

and the reason im disappointed over the mutant is the fact that there should not be super mutants on the east coast... 120 years after the death of the master. i would expect them all to be dead by that time, or at least there to only be like four of them left, and they sure as hell would not be that far east
aries100
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by aries100 »

Dparrot wrote:
Thor Kaufman wrote:NMA agents totally infiltrated Beth headquarters to steal top secret info from magazines that can easily be bought off stores. They will get sued for sure
Nah, but something else did happen: http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index ... p=10274514
NMA removed from the list.
And yet, Hungry Donner (a moderator) said that people should PM if some site did get removed for hosting the scans --- to get it, the site, added back. So there is still hope for NMA, I think :)
aries100
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by aries100 »

I am bit upset over the supermutants as well, but let's be honest for minute or two here, shall we...

If there weren't a BoS or Supermutants in Fallout 3, it wouldn't really be a Fallout game, would it.
I agree, though, that there does seem to be way to many supermutants in the game...
please support http://www.gamerdad.com - the
voice of reason when it comes to gaming and children

support democracry - please visit
http://www.whydemocracy.net/home
aries100
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by aries100 »

Brother None wrote:
Mr. Teatime wrote:And they've blacklisted NMA? I'd like to be sure of that first before drawing any conclusions. EDIT: not blacklisted, just removed from the list til they remove the magazine scans.
Yip, just that. But I've also noticed a bigger tendency to remove links, Rohugh just removed a link of mine to an NMA thread because there was swearing in the thread :?

I wonder how they can link to DaC at all, doesn't your rotating title system include swearing? Yay for partial modding :dance:

And seriously, removing us from that list might make a smattering of difference to our reference count, about .1% I'd guess, while BGSF as a whole accounts for probably 1-3%, but all of that is people linking to articles on our site.

Still, hilarious move by BethSoft, as if it is the first time we have article scans on the frontpage.
The "action RPG" tag was probably invented by a journalist who worked on the article.
Very like, Bethesda wouldn't like such a tag. But guess what, if the journalist added it himself, wouldn't that be the impression he got from the game?
I'm sorry :( this has happened to NMA, Brother None. I'm even more sorrier that a link got removed because a thread at NMA have swearing in it. [If we go by the standards of the STG incident, there seems to be a no swearing policy over at Bethsoft --- even in linked threads to third or second party websites or podcasts. That is really :censored: and :? and makes me :anger: ---- ].

Anyway, the scans have been out for quite some time now. And everyone has seen them, so what is the point of asking NMA to get rid of them, anyway?? I'm even thinking of buying Game Informer, if I get my hands on it, since I live in Denmark, (europe), just because of the NMA scans.
The scans at NMA really is the only people not living in the US?? can get access to the article and Bethsoft really needs to realize this, imo.

I'm pretty sure that both NMA and D&C will get by without the traffic from Bethesda, the question is more likely will Bethesda get buy without the traffic from NMA&D&C?? Maybe, but in the long it will ne beneficial for Bethsoft to have good rapport (or understanding) with both NMA and D&C, imo, since they will need these fansites to promote their FO game(s).
sah
SDF!
SDF!

Post by sah »

Now NMA could remove the scans, since they are already "out there". GI will probably ask them to.
Ausir
The Vault Overseer
The Vault Overseer

Post by Ausir »

johnnygothisgun wrote: not even close, way smaller

and the reason im disappointed over the mutant is the fact that there should not be super mutants on the east coast... 120 years after the death of the master. i would expect them all to be dead by that time, or at least there to only be like four of them left, and they sure as hell would not be that far east
Why not that far east? According to the Fallout 1 ending, the majority of the Master's super mutants did travel East to find a new home for themselves, and 120 years is a pretty long time, isn't it? As for them being alive, we don't know what the effects of FEV are on the lifespan.
Mori
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Mori »

Ausir wrote:
johnnygothisgun wrote: not even close, way smaller

Why not that far east? According to the Fallout 1 ending, the majority of the Master's super mutants did travel East to find a new home for themselves, and 120 years is a pretty long time, isn't it? As for them being alive, we don't know what the effects of FEV are on the lifespan.
Marcus was still looking pretty healthy 80 or so years after the fall of the master. So were the rest of the super mutants around. Plus if you factor in the new set of mutated workers from the enclave's buggering about in the military based where all their miners mutated, you could easily have some still left. Oblivion's map was much bigger than 10 square miles wasn't it? I heard 16?
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

sah wrote:Now NMA could remove the scans, since they are already "out there". GI will probably ask them to.
If they do, we will.
we don't know what the effects of FEV are on the lifespan.
We don't?

As the FEV causes constant regenerative update to DNA, it
would effectively render the subject largely immortal, as
cell death would be offset by augmented growth
Ozrat wrote:I haven't been so oppressed since prom in 9th grade.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

A lot of the article sounds okay but there a big difference between saying choice and consequences on paper and actually doing it in the game. The biggest part I hate which is no surprise is the combat system, I would rather them have a full RT combat rather than a mix of both RT and TB. The mutants look a bit mean :( I always thought they were supposed to be goofy looking and comical, I kinda liked them like that.

What we need now is megatrons opinion on the matter to end this chaos.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Ausir
The Vault Overseer
The Vault Overseer

Post by Ausir »

Brother None wrote:
we don't know what the effects of FEV are on the lifespan.
We don't?

As the FEV causes constant regenerative update to DNA, it
would effectively render the subject largely immortal, as
cell death would be offset by augmented growth
Damn you! You defeated me with my own weapon! Anyway, the fact that we *do* know proves my point even more.
Last edited by Ausir on Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mori
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Mori »

Couldn't that mean the Vault Dweller is immortal? He was exposed to a lot of FEV during his adventures.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Brother None wrote:But I've also noticed a bigger tendency to remove links, Rohugh just removed a link of mine to an NMA thread because there was swearing in the thread :?
Wait a minute, I'm just trying to figure out the Bethsoft moderator's trail of thought here... They are making a mature game, the official website having age checks and chit(whoops, gotta be careful). Assumedly, there'll be swearing in the game. So unless we're living in a meanie fantasy world where juveniles have unrestricted access to the adult corners of the Internet, we can safely assume all readers coming across that link are at least 18 years old. Ha! I think I just proved something!
aries100 wrote:If there weren't a BoS or Supermutants in Fallout 3, it wouldn't really be a Fallout game, would it.
It depends on how they aroe presented and what role they assume in the story. As far as the canon goes, details of the East Coast are quite hazy at this point. I'm worried that BoS members and supermutants become commonplace objects in the wasteland, just because they look so cool. I think Tactics and FOBOS are pretty good examples on how to butcher the original purpose of both. Keep in mind that BoS wasn't exactly a powerful organization in Fallout, mostly consisting on old, conservative men largely uninterested in external affairs. After the death of the Master, mutant remnants are a dying breed(get the irony? lawl).

Besides, BoS and supermutants were practically nonexistant in Fallout 2.
Mori
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Mori »

For all we know it could be limited. The remnants of the master's army who headed eastwards could have all settled in DC. The BOS could have followed them here, after all, Marcus' friend had taken an oath to hunt down muties. He was hunting muties after Marcus had headed off eastwards with the others. Maybe there were more BoS after the mutants too? After all Broken Hills being where it is implies they were heading eastwards.
aries100
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by aries100 »

VasikkA wrote:
Brother None wrote:But I've also noticed a bigger tendency to remove links, Rohugh just removed a link of mine to an NMA thread because there was swearing in the thread :?
Wait a minute, I'm just trying to figure out the Bethsoft moderator's trail of thought here... They are making a mature game, the official website having age checks and chit(whoops, gotta be careful). Assumedly, there'll be swearing in the game. So unless we're living in a meanie fantasy world where juveniles have unrestricted access to the adult corners of the Internet, we can safely assume all readers coming across that link are at least 18 years old. Ha! I think I just proved something!
aries100 wrote:If there weren't a BoS or Supermutants in Fallout 3, it wouldn't really be a Fallout game, would it.
It depends on how they aroe presented and what role they assume in the story. As far as the canon goes, details of the East Coast are quite hazy at this point. I'm worried that BoS members and supermutants become commonplace objects in the wasteland, just because they look so cool. I think Tactics and FOBOS are pretty good examples on how to butcher the original purpose of both. Keep in mind that BoS wasn't exactly a powerful organization in Fallout, mostly consisting on old, conservative men largely uninterested in external affairs. After the death of the Master, mutant remnants are a dying breed(get the irony? lawl).

Besides, BoS and supermutants were practically nonexistant in Fallout 2.
I think the BGSF forums are rated 13+ :? I fail to see why & how a forum can be rated anything :eyebrow: but apparently it can...

As for the supermutants and BOS I understand what people are saying about this. I, too, find it difficult to understand why Bethsoft decided to have BOS and Super Mutants in FO3 when the setting were (or is) on the East Coast. (maybe the game will give the answer as to how super mutants and BOS came to the East Coast??)

I can't remember Tactic's storyline, but wasn't BOS (the console game) making the Brotherhood of Steel like the good guys, the low of the land, the upholders of the law and the justice?? Something there's absolutely or very minor evidence in the Fallout Canon for doing?? From reading the article, I'm worried & concerned that this is exactly what Bethsoft are doing again. I can't tell you why, it is just a hunch/feeling I have - sort of.

I thought that the super mutants were sterile, so they really couldn't reproduce?? so how come they are now all over the east coast?? Hopefully, the game will answer these questions....
Our Host!