The Game Informer Article

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Dreadnought
Devil times three go climb a tree
Devil times three go climb a tree

Post by Dreadnought »

Pretty lulzy pic.
���������
Cthulhugoat
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Cthulhugoat »

I CANT WAIT 2 CRAK SUM RADSCORPIAN OPEN WITH MAH SLEDDEHAMMA IN FIRZT PERSAN

Stop! Unlike super mutants, radscorpions didn't migrated to the east coast. Sorry, but one of our Oblivion dungeon modders is scorpiophobic (I just made this).

Also, that post-apocalyptic hammer TM is no longer called sledgehammer. It's "warhammer of the Chosen One TM" now.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

lol @ GI article hysteria. What happened to the mild optimism on Page 1?

chillax mangs B)
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

suck some grog rofls n1 kk ;))))
TelemachusSneezed
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by TelemachusSneezed »

The thing that bothers me the most about this GI (gastro-intestinal) article is that it indicates Bethesda has an extreme casualness about nuclear technology. There's that catapult thingy, but there is also these excerpts from the article:

"A few shots finds its engine, one of those old nuclear generators, and the ants and the car alike disappear into a small mushroom cloud. Your radiation counter begins its ominous tick."... not to mention that the ants were pretty close to you, so you were also vaporized.

"A massive undetonated bomb sits in a crater at the center of town... some insane religious zealot kneels at its base..." :retch: terribly unoriginal.

etc...

We knew Bethesda wasn't known for their subtlety, but this is pretty ridiculous.
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

I refuse to flame this game until I have had my very own hands-on test (ie, d/l the game). I do however feel slightly optimistic about the Pause function. Who cares if most people wont use it. I sure as hell will. All the time. Whats better than hitting a rat in the groin? Really!

...but I'm crying inside... :pos:
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Superhaze sucks. ROFL ITS CTB WITH PAUSE OMFG EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED?~?!?!
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

Article scans gone now, note.

Dance with me :dance:
Ozrat wrote:I haven't been so oppressed since prom in 9th grade.
Mechanurgist
Strider
Strider

Post by Mechanurgist »

jetbaby wrote:Superhaze sucks. ROFL ITS CTB WITH PAUSE OMFG EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED?~?!?!
People, stick together! Don't let them turn us against each other!

(ps: yeah, superhaze sucks, but forgive him his sins.)
Death: "Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me!"
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

Brother None wrote:Article scans gone now, note.

Dance with me :dance:
Nice of them to wait til we'd all read it/downloaded it. :joy:
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

oh and cough
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
Mechanurgist
Strider
Strider

Post by Mechanurgist »

Still up here
Death: "Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me!"
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

Killzig wrote:oh and cough
The file you selected does not exist.?

They're up on plenty of places, still, there's a list here.

Guess they wanted to get us first or something :drunk:
Ozrat wrote:I haven't been so oppressed since prom in 9th grade.
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

glad I downloaded the PDF before you bastards deleted it. :evil_laugh:

On the plus side, you guys can get put back on the links list now, right?
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

jetbaby wrote:Superhaze sucks. ROFL ITS CTB WITH PAUSE OMFG EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED?~?!?!
Your gay.. i get it. Now fuck you, and tally ho :drunk:

..oh, wait..
TelemachusSneezed
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by TelemachusSneezed »

Upon further readings, more thoughts:

(1) WHY... for the love of God, why... so much attention to "the early years"? Is this the "immurshun" that BS is known for? I could care less if my imaginary game father looks like the character I've chosen; WHO FUCKING CARES! BS probably spent months just putting such a thing together. Rather than working on "ooh, ain't that neat" sort of ideas, they could have been doing real game development.

(2) The Radiant AI system is gay. Why is it important that an NPC I know of talks to his son differently than to other characters? It's yet another one of those "ooh, neat" things that is cool for about a minute, then you move on.

Bethsoft isn't making Fallout 3; it's making a game that is only fit for emo kids and demented X-Box 360 pre-teens.
edhead
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by edhead »

If I ever did give a shit about the looks of fucking super mutants, I wouldn't play the first two Fallouts.

That article revealed almost nothing I really care of: namely, the story and the level of quest writing. Chasing your run-away father? Whatever, it's not like the main quest of FO 1 was genius either. And if the final words of that power armor wearing villain are "I am your Father!", I'll choose the dialog option "Impossible!" and will start using my ripper on his groin while laughing maniacally.

Anyway, if the dialogs are good, and the game reads like a good book, I'll buy it. If it turns out like that of Oblivion, I won't.

So I have almost nothing to bitch about. Yet. Oh, and about that nuclear catapult shit: is it any less plausible than a FUCKING LASER PISTOL that shoots fucking laser beams from Star Wars/Star Trek? Don't think so.

EDIT: typo
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

edhead wrote:Oh, and about that nuclear catapult shit: is it any less plausible than a FUCKING LASER PISTOL that shoots fucking laser beams from Star Wars/Star Trek? Don't think so.
It's not about plausability, genius, it's about fitting in the setting. I don't remember looking at much 1950's sci-fi and seeing nuclear catapults, but I do remember seeing lots of rayguns.
edhead
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by edhead »

I also do remember seeing rayguns, but I also remember reading about weapons-cum-nuclear, such as nuclear grenades, nuclear artillery, nuclear tanks and shit (unfortunately, I can't remember the exact authors' names, it was long ago). I mean, it was a nuclear euphoria and paranoia at the same time in the fifties, right? Nuclear weapons were seen as the pinnacle of destructive human capabilities, as far as I remember. So, why not make up a nuclear catapult (which is a mechanical nuclear rocket launcher)? Ban me.

EDIT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davy_Crock ... ar_device)
Sounds fifties. Sounds Fallout. You fail.
Last edited by edhead on Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alexander
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Alexander »

Superhaze wrote:I refuse to flame this game until I have had my very own hands-on test (ie, d/l the game). I do however feel slightly optimistic about the Pause function. Who cares if most people wont use it. I sure as hell will. All the time. Whats better than hitting a rat in the groin? Really!

...but I'm crying inside... :pos:
By the looks of it, you won't be able to shoot anything in the groin... Beth has stated that the AO-rating (I don't know if the Mature-rating prohibits sexual content?) does not interest them in the least.

P.S.

You suck.
There are no 'knowns'. There are thing we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know. So when we do the best we can and we pull all this information together, and we then say well that's basically what we see as the situation, that is really only the known knowns and the known unknowns. And each year, we discover a few more of those unknown unknowns.
Our Host!