Official Fallout Site Now Age Restricted

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Official Fallout Site Now Age Restricted

Post by King of Creation »

<strong>[ Community -> Update ]</strong> - More info on <a href="#Bethesda Softworks">Company: Bethesda Softworks</a> | More info on <a href="#Fallout 3">Game: Fallout 3</a>

<p>In what is presumably a prelude to mature (and more) content on the <a target="_self" href="http://fallout.bethsoft.com">official Fallout 3 website</a>, Bethesda now requires you to verify your age in order to access the page.</p><p>On a side note, there's only 5 more days til the purported <em>Fallout 3</em> Press Event, which <a target="_self" href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">DAC</a> is being kept in the dark about. </p><p>Spotted @ <a href="http://fallout.bethsoft.com">The Official Fallout 3 Website</a></p>
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Where are the THONGS?! >:(
Dreadnought
Devil times three go climb a tree

Post by Dreadnought »

DAC should be age restricted:

Only people over 80. With permission of their parents, of course.
���������
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Dreadnought wrote:DAC should be age restricted:

Only people over 80. With permission of their parents, of course.
And boys under 12, to, um... boost the morale. No permission of parents needed.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

hardly newsworthy, but good news nevertheless i hope :chew:
DaC-Sniper
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by DaC-Sniper »

A Fallout FPS aka Fallout 3 without shooting limbs off or some other brainless slave harassment would be no game at all. But its for minimum 16 years old fanboys, so not even this dream will come true. :sadblinky: And it probably won`t even have a multiplayer part to show my 1337 realtime aim skills.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

It's gonna be 'too epic for multiplayer'.
���������
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

I'm against any form of multipler in Fallout. Just make the damn story good, and make dialogues. If Bethesda can accomplish this, there won't be any time left for developping multiplayer.

Back on subject, nearly every game website requires you to verify your age, it's total bullshit.
Zetura Dracos
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Zetura Dracos »

Dreadnought wrote:It's gonna be 'too epic for multiplayer'.
Good.

That would at least imply a heavier RPG base.

And while it is true that many sites have an age tracker thing on them now, I'm at least hoping that this is some move towards an M rating.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Are they planning to open an age-unrestricted version of the website for their target audience?
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

Zetura Dracos wrote:Good.

why do you think that? Oblivion is basically World of Warcraft without the monthly fee.
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
PsychoSnipers
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by PsychoSnipers »

No, theyre just going to grab the M restriction by having gratutious cursing.
Todd Howard wrote: The spirit of Fallout - we've missed it
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

KoC, I know nothing about game company/fansite relations but isn't it very strange that DAC and presumably NMA have been completely ignored in favor of GameInformer, 1UP, and these other sites that are getting little tidbits about the game?

Now I realize that the mainstream magazines are where the money is but it seems like the fansites are being blatantly ignored.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

Dogmeatlives wrote:Now I realize that the mainstream magazines are where the money is but it seems like the fansites are being blatantly ignored.
Well on the case of next week's press event, yes.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Zetura Dracos
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Zetura Dracos »

Killzig wrote:
Zetura Dracos wrote:Good.

why do you think that? Oblivion is basically World of Warcraft without the monthly fee.
I mostly mean that unless you're making an MMO or party based Co-op, RPG elements tend to not be particularly prevalent in multi-play. Even FPS-hybrids like Deus Ex dumbed down their stat elements and skill systems considerably for multi-player. This leads me to believe that the absence of straight multi-play (co-op excluded) denotes a more firmly entrenched/heavily implemented stat/rules system.

I'm not saying it's fact, its just how I'm interpreting the move until I know otherwise.
T-900
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by T-900 »

KoC, I know nothing about game company/fansite relations but isn't it very strange that DAC and presumably NMA have been completely ignored in favor of GameInformer, 1UP, and these other sites that are getting little tidbits about the game?

Now I realize that the mainstream magazines are where the money is but it seems like the fansites are being blatantly ignored.
A lot more people look at those websites than DAC. It's not about informing, it's about pre-release advertising. By giving the news to major websites, we still get to see it, but plenty of other idiots with money also get a chance to glimpse the information.
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

Dogmeatlives wrote:Now I realize that the mainstream magazines are where the money is but it seems like the fansites are being blatantly ignored.
I believe we're more of a hatesite
Serious Business.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

T-900 wrote:

A lot more people look at those websites than DAC. It's not about informing, it's about pre-release advertising. By giving the news to major websites, we still get to see it, but plenty of other idiots with money also get a chance to glimpse the information.
ooh, good answer. I see the light.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Cthulhugoat
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Cthulhugoat »

Koki wrote:I believe we're more of a hatesite
YES. :drunk:
boxer92784
SDF!
SDF!

Re: Official Fallout Site Now Age Restricted

Post by boxer92784 »

2382 wrote:<strong>[ Community -> Update ]</strong> - More info on <a href="#Bethesda Softworks">Company: Bethesda Softworks</a> | More info on <a href="#Fallout 3">Game: Fallout 3</a><br><br><p>In what is presumably a prelude to mature (and more) content on the <a target="_self" href="http://fallout.bethsoft.com">official Fallout 3 website</a>, Bethesda now requires you to verify your age in order to access the page.</p><p>On a side note, there's only 5 more days til the purported <em>Fallout 3</em> Press Event, which <a target="_self" href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">DAC</a> is being kept in the dark about. </p><p>Spotted @ <a href="http://fallout.bethsoft.com">The Official Fallout 3 Website</a></p>
YOUR FUCKIN RETARTED!!! BOOOOOOO
Our Host!